Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beauceant thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: bkamber

I am of Indian heritage, but few generations outside India. I do not speak any Indian languages except for a few words and phrases that I have now picked up from watching IPK , CC, IF forum members and colleagues at work.

24 is a show running on Colors at the moment. It is the Indian version of the very successful American show.

My opinion - CC the show while not successful, CC the character added a layer to Sanaya's acting portfolio. Instead of sitting at home, she remained active, tried a different role and remained appreciated by those that matter in the Industry and face it... Mr Tewari waited for her...his Parvati for his Rangrasiya.
If, in your opinion CC had nothing, IPK in my opinion had domestic violence portrayed as romance.

For now, since I am language challenged, I will stick to one Indain show...Sanaya's upcoming RangRasiya. I will be an online viewer.

BTW, before IPK, the only Indian actors I knew of are Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta.

I am a fan of Sanaya and the character(s) she portrays. The character she plays is just about her.
A show she is in is a different matter...it is a conglomeration of many people, things and premise; the recipe which may or may not work

For that matter the violence was not even "domestic" for most of the part.. Plain old manhandling..

CC had its flaws, execution wise and also the character of CC which was of a too perfect person and UB who was all bad.. It dint have the shades which make a character believable..

But i guess we are digressing and hope RR will be a better show all round..😊😊
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: .Chanchan.

@Sunara di, I'll make sure she watches the first week's epis at least. And we dont take much time to get addicted. I am sure we'll love it⭐️

hehe ok i expected nothing less! 🀣
hopefully ur baby sis will also get another chance to imagine herself as a character n maybe this time she will insist u to call her Paro! ❀️

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: rockystar22

by watching the 2 promos can i ask a question..

what the hell is a bride doing in the middle of the desert on her marriage day?πŸ€“

Shooting for the promo? πŸ˜‰ 🀣

416391 thumbnail
Congrats on thread #11!

29 DAYS TO GO!!!!
Beauceant thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

While my rational brain agrees.. i still find it romantic n love watching those scenes a lot!

I wouldn't want it in real life. but then again I don't waste 30 mins of my day every night and around 4-5hrs of each day on IF analyzing it and drooling over it to watch reality.. Its my fantasy world.. ❀️
So as opposed to the POV of most people in this thread I totally love those stuff and will anyday prefer that over a realistic character. The more sexist in a romantic way the more I love it.. Be it the stuff I watch or the books I read all fall to that genre..
cz to watch reality I would pick Satyamev Jayate n not an IPK or RR..

No offense meant.. just my POV..
I am only thankful that most of my friends share that opinion too so there r lots of fictional stuff, books n shows that stick to this to cater to us..

Its fine for watching, i liked it too, but somewhere, at some little corner of my heart, I couldnt help feeling a little angry when I saw those scenes.. May be its a personal thing but still.. But its the flaws in a character the shades which make it more interesting.. CC was too perfect to be true..
Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
My two pence abt the issue a lot of us are discussing...
I am glad sanaya did CC for a multitude of reasons ...firstly the show on paper must have sounded really good to her and she was very clear that , she did not want to do a love story immidiately after IPK which is a good thought.

Yes, I agree CC was a very average show and not even all sanaya fans watched it for the 6 months it was on air , but in my opinion it gave her the neccessary gap from ipk and let her come out of the " khushi" shadow , she portrayed Channchann in a very mature manner and i personally loved to see this difference , inspite of Having a very flat script for CC.

I donot beleive it would have been better if she would have stayed at home doing nothing for a year and waited for rangrasiya because you need to work to learn ...

When she did the welcome show in LOK for a week , she probably learnt what it takes to do a reality show and may I say she was the most well behaved of them all and came out with flying colours ( here i am not talking of her cooking πŸ˜† )

When she anchored the zee valentine show with karan grover ...she showed us another side to her talents , this would have taught her if anchoring is really her thing or not ...

When she did the dance performance in JDJ as dhrasti's best friend , she pretty much realised what it takes to do a dance reality show with a daily soap ( as she did this for a week) and wheather she is upto it. Being in jdj also ofcourse helped the channel in realising that they wanted sanaya in one of their showsπŸ˜†

CC her learning must have been tremendous , probably what all she should get into before signing her next show in terms of script , co actors , what work has been done by the PH on the show etc. I am sure even with the whole FK issue ...their must have been a learning on how she could have handled it better , how should she henceforth form relations with co stars she hardly knows etc ...

Even in rangrasiya ...as time passes by , their will be learnings , some good / some bad as every experience teaches you something.

How can you learn , grow , mature as an actor by sitting at home for one year ...what are you supposed to do ...give interviews and do PR exercises.
Sanaya has a very strong , inherrent sense of how the tv industry operates and what it requires ...her choices are correct . See for yourself ...its been one year and she is on a stronger wicket now in her career then she ever was .
Beauceant thumbnail

Originally posted by: rockystar22

by watching the 2 promos can i ask a question..

what the hell is a bride doing in the middle of the desert on her marriage day?πŸ€“

Running around in a gorgeous lehenga to be noticed by the handsome BSF officer ??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Or may be Meera went missing... She's looking for her..πŸ˜†

On a serious note she was probably brought there by the vulture ladies for post widowhood rituals.. I guess..
kashi11 thumbnail
Msfrootie
I agree. A character that is perfect is a very flat character and not only is difficult to connect but I expect that actor also feels less challenged. Allowing a character to feel angry, jealous, insecure (all negative emotions) and most importantly allowing them to be wrong sometimes makes them more real. Additionally a story that has development or movement of a character (even if it regresses) is far more interesting. I hope RR does not disappoint on that score.
Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Msfrootie

Running around in a gorgeous lehenga to be noticed by the handsome BSF officer ??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Or may be Meera went missing... She's looking for her..πŸ˜†

On a serious note she was probably brought there by the vulture ladies for post widowhood rituals.. I guess..

Arre baba , she belongs to a villiage near kutch ...getting married and moving to another villiage , what will they do ..cross the rann of kutch πŸ˜†Ie the desert . BTW this is an everyday thing for villiages in rajasthan which are near the desert .its a tough life , they have to walk miles for water etc
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hello!
My name is Anita and I have been a silent reader on the forums (ipk) since October 2011 -so silent in fact that this is my first post ever!

Everyday I read the pages and finally I just wanted to say hi and contribute to this awesome forum

Tiny background I am Bengali in origin born and brought up in the uk though I visit India often

Started watching ipk as my bro is called arnav and carers for my mum who was ill were Asian and used to watch starplus a lot (as well as my dad)I had no knowledge of Hindi at all but appreciated the subtitles when I started watching ipk and it helped me through some tough times
To cut a long story short I am a massive Sanaya fan and had the good fortune to meet her when she came to London I turned into a teenager when I finally went upto her and was so gobsmacked I just hugged her as tight as possible and said you are awesome! Only thing that came out of my mouth - to my surprise she hugged me back just as tightly! I love everything about her on screen her talent, beauty and aura and off screen she has shined as an amazing person way before I even met her! So glad I can talk about Sanaya and RangRasiya (which I can't wait for!) with all you guys

I watched chan chan in all it's entirety too and am slowly making my way through mjht though no subtitles so it's slow (I would probably watch sanaya open an envelope if I got a chance!)
Ashish and Sanaya look very impressive together and though my Hindi has improved from non existent it is still weak and I rely on all your translations!
Can't wait for RangRasiya and to hang out with you all! X