Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beauceant thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Congrats for the new thread everyone.. Promo #2 made sure we got this one pretty soon.. Hope this one has more analysis and symbolisms.. And more friendships are forged.. 😊 And lots and lots of madness of course.. All of which we can carry forward to our RR asylum..
Goodnight for now..

P.S. Nelo I have full faith in u.. U will convince ur sister to watch this.. And once hooked she's in for it.. Goodnight sweetie..
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Aila, shaktimaan. I used to watch it when I was like 6 or 7. The original telecast. I have heard of Tere Liye but never watched it, and I watched a bit of Left Right Left, but stopped before Sanaya made an entry. And then I caught a few episodes of MJHT on the TV in the hostel mess(dining hall ) and I thought Sanaya was very cute. but I didn't have time to watch it either. I started IPK only in July 2012. It was my sister who introduced me to it, and I've been in love with Sanaya since. I never thought I'd watch Indian daily soaps, as I used to find them silly. I watched only American and Pakistani shows. But now I'm addicted to Sanaya. I even watched Chhanchhan.
Edited by SS88 - 10 years ago
deleteaccount thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

Aila, shaktimaan. I used to watch it when I was like 6 or 7. The original telecast. I have heard of Tere Liye but never watched it, and I watched a bit of Left Right Left, but stopped before Sanaya made an entry. And then I caught a few episodes of MJHT on the TV in the hostel mess(dining hall ) and I thought Sanaya was very cute. but I didn't have time to watch it either. I started IPK only in July 2012. It was my sister who introduced me to it, and I've been in love with Sanaya since. I never thought I'd watch Indian daily soaps, as I used to find them silly. I watched only American and Pakistani shows. But now I'm addicted to Sanaya. I even watched Chhanchhan.

I watched the repeat when I had Star Utsav. That was the only channel I had at that time (and some news channels). Tere Liye was awesome (minus the last episode) , sad you missed it.
Can I troll you?😛Don't mind hun. You've watched quite a lot of Hindi shows😳
" . Not that many shows, just Sanaya's and I follow QH, I had started Ek Boond but I don't have time. And yeah I really like both Shaitan and Crime Patrol. And JDJ and NB."
You've watched IPK,QH, ,ChhChh, CP,shaitan, JDJ,NB,Shaktimaan, bits of LRL, MJHT..etc. But of course your number is still less than mine⭐️ I've seen so many shows. I used to watch cartoons when they came in hindi on SP and Zee . One day, they suddenly stopped all the cartoons and (I mentioned, I had only Star Utsav )so I had to watch serials to pass the time. They had good shows for kids at that time. Remember Shararat? and Sonpari, Shakalaka , Hatim etc. I even watched Shaurya aur suhaani😳
Now I dont follow any show regularly. Jodha Akbar sometime and Veera sometimes. Whenever I start watching a new show , I get scared that I might start loving it more than IPK *Emotional alert* but that hasn't happened yet.

And I deserve a pat on my back- I watched Chhan chhan just for Sanaya.🥱

@Deepthi Di- She said that she regrets watching Chhan chhan for a week after IPK and will never try a TV show till she recovers from the shock. But I'll make her watch anyway😳 Good night!!😳
Edited by .Chanchan. - 10 years ago
bkamber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
@.Chanchan.

😊 Pat on the back. I think most Sanaya fans watched Chhanchhan for Sanaya.

I watch Indian TV just for Sanaya. I watched IPK, CC and now will watch RR. I am debating whether I should catchup on 24 (Indian version) since it has been approved for season 2.

CC, I truly believe was Godsend for Sanaya. It gave her the distance she needed from IPK and ready her for the role of Parvati in RR.
deleteaccount thumbnail

Originally posted by: bkamber

@.Chanchan.

😊 Pat on the back. I think most Sanaya fans watched Chhanchhan for Sanaya.

I watch Indian TV just for Sanaya. I watched IPK, CC and now will watch RR. I am debating whether I should catchup on 24 (Indian version) since it has been approved for season 2.

CC, I truly believe was Godsend for Sanaya. It gave her the distance she needed from IPK and ready her for the role of Parvati in RR.

LOL, It had nothing - Just Sanaya and I didn;t know Anuj so..😛
Are you Indian?(Just asking) . I've never seen a single promo of 24, when does it come?
Indian shows are good yaar. Especially nowadays. Even Ekta Kapoor is coming up with good shows nowadays like Jodha Akbar. Watch it, trust me , you will LOVE it⭐️ And even Veera is so good <3 As for the bad saas-bahu ones, they are replacing them and I am sure they'll come up with better shows. Just like they did with RR.

Actually I wouldn't mind if Sanaya sat at home for all these days instead of doing Chhan chhan. She had 2 back to back hits and suddenly this.
kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Congo shongo thread #11!
Does anyone know if subtitles are going to be offered? I have subscribed to the Colors channel for the first time (like I did with SP and Sony - ONLY because of SANAYA!!) and don't know anything about the channel. Do they offer subtitles?
I hope there WUs for this show. It's really difficult to understand anything! (Especially when they speak so fast!) I loved the promos and I can totally get the emotions (Sanaya's expressions speak more than a thousand words!) but I have no idea what the words mean.

@.Chanchan. thanks for those translations.
And yeah, the only reason I know anything about India, Indian culture, Indian TV (only IPK and Chhanchhan) is because of Sanaya. I watch Indian TV ONLY because of Sanaya!
golpokobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
new thread already!
congratulations everyone... Can't wait for the show to start.
bkamber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Chanchan.

LOL, It had nothing - Just Sanaya and I didn;t know Anuj so..😛

Are you Indian?(Just asking) . I've never seen a single promo of 24, when does it come?
Indian shows are good yaar. Especially nowadays. Even Ekta Kapoor is coming up with good shows nowadays like Jodha Akbar. Watch it, trust me , you will LOVE it⭐️ And even Veera is so good <3 As for the bad saas-bahu ones, they are replacing them and I am sure they'll come up with better shows. Just like they did with RR.

Actually I wouldn't mind if Sanaya sat at home for all these days instead of doing Chhan chhan. She had 2 back to back hits and suddenly this.

😊
I am of Indian heritage, but few generations outside India. I do not speak any Indian languages except for a few words and phrases that I have now picked up from watching IPK , CC, IF forum members and colleagues at work.

24 is a show running on Colors at the moment. It is the Indian version of the very successful American show.

My opinion - CC the show while not successful, CC the character added a layer to Sanaya's acting portfolio. Instead of sitting at home, she remained active, tried a different role and remained appreciated by those that matter in the Industry and face it... Mr Tewari waited for her...his Parvati for his Rangrasiya.
If, in your opinion CC had nothing, IPK in my opinion had domestic violence portrayed as romance.

For now, since I am language challenged, I will stick to one Indain show...Sanaya's upcoming RangRasiya. I will be an online viewer.

BTW, before IPK, the only Indian actors I knew of are Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta.

I am a fan of Sanaya and the character(s) she portrays. The character she plays is just about her.
A show she is in is a different matter...it is a conglomeration of many people, things and premise; the recipe which may or may not work

Edited by bkamber - 10 years ago
golpokobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bkamber

😊
I am of Indian heritage, but few generations outside India. I do not speak any Indian languages except for a few words and phrases that I have now picked up from watching IPK , CC, IF forum members and colleagues at work.

24 is a show running on Colors at the moment. It is the Indian version of the very successful American show.

My opinion - CC the show while not successful, CC the character added a layer to Sanaya's acting portfolio. Instead of sitting at home, she remained active, tried a different role and remained appreciated by those that matter in the Industry and face it... Mr Tewari waited for her...his Parvati for his Rangrasiya.
If, in your opinion CC had nothing, IPK in my opinion had domestic violence portrayed as romance

For now, since I am language challenged, I will stick to one Indain show...Sanaya's upcoming RangRasiya. I will be an online viewer.

BTW, before IPK, the only Indian actors I knew of are Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta.

I am a fan of Sanaya and the character(s) she portrays. The character she plays is just about her.
A show she is in is a different matter...it is a conglomeration of many people, things and premise; the recipe which may or may not work

I just came across your comment and couldn't stop myself from writing ..

I have the same feeling about CC. I think, whether the show was a good one or not, can be debated. But certainly, it added to Sanaya's acting portfolio. She was able to create a different identity beyond that 18 year old innocent Khushi, (who doesn't exist in the real life). CC's character was what we can relate to ourselves in every possible way! That was very important a character for Sanaya to do in between IPK and RR.

Otherwise, however good RR comes out, had it been immediately after IPK, she would have faced unnecessary comparisons..

With regards to the line in blue, i have never heared anyone to say it this way. I loved the show but on this, I can, in no way, disagree with you. This is one thing that prevented me from watching the show for a certain time...

From the records of ST, I hope when RR shows the plights of women, they show them as real social problems, not as a form of romance!
Edited by golpokobita - 10 years ago
bolt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Congratulations for thread 11.
👏

I have a lot of posts to catch up with. 😃