deleteaccount thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Learn this all of you ๐Ÿค“
Some Rajasthani words commonly used in movies and serials-
For those who don't know Hindi or Rajasthani slang
Will add more when I remember

1. Your - Tharo
2. Daughter in law- Beendni
3. .."wega" is usually at the end like - Aawega (will come) , Jaawega (Will go) , Khawega ( Will eat)
4.I - Manne -"Manne padhna hai" - Me -Marwadi Rajasthani
So, do you love me in Rajasthani slang will be " Aap manne pyaar kare hai/karte hai (not sure) ?
5. How are you? (Tu kiso hai ) 5.(ii) I am fine - Main theek hun
6. What - Kaayin? " Tharo naam kaayi hay? Manno nai batayegi?"
7. I went - Main gayo . I came - Main aayo
8. Come - Aaayo " Tu kab aayo?"
9. I love you - Main tanne pyaar karoon (Tanne- you)
10. Do- Karyo (What did you do? Tu kaayin kariyo?)
11. Iss - Chhe-GUJJU ALERT
12. This is - Yo ( This is your room - Yo tharo kamra hai (I guess))
13.He is eating: Woh khai rayo hai
14. Achcho -Good
15.Athai- Here
16. Sky- aabh
17. Baalam- Lover
18. God- Bavji
19.Baayi - Sister

I haven't mentioned if the words are used by Marvaris or Rajputs

Like SS88 said- This is a 'crash course' in Rajasthani ๐Ÿ˜›
Edited by .Chanchan. - 10 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats on Thread #11. We're really active.
@T.R.A- love your display pic It's awesome!!
SS88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Chanchan.

Learn this all of you ๐Ÿค“

Some Rajasthani words commonly used in movies and serials-
For those who don't know Hindi or Rajasthani slang
Will add more when I remember

1. Your - Tharo
2. Daughter in law- Beenadi
3. .."wega" is usually at the end like - Aawega (will come) , Jaawega (Will go) , Khawega ( Will eat)
4.I - Manne -"Manne padhna hai" - Me
So, do you love me in Rajasthani slang will be " Aap manne pyaar kare hai/karte hai (not sure) ?
5. How are you? (Tu kiso hai ) 5.(ii) I am fine - Main theek hun
6. What - Kaayin? " Tharo naam kaayi hay? Manno nai batayegi?"
7. I went - Main gayo . I came - Main aayo
8. Come - Aaayo " Tu kab aayo?"
9. I love you - Main tanne pyaar karoon (Tanne- you)
10. Do- Karyo (What did you do? Tu kaayin kariyo?)
11. Iss - Chhe
12. This is - Yo ( This is your room - Yo tharo kamra hai (I guess))
13.He is eating: Woh khai rayo hai
14. Achcho -Good
15.Athai- Here
16. Sky- aabh
17. Baalam- Lover
18. God- Bavji
19.Baayi - Sister

It's Beendni, Neelo ๐Ÿ˜†. And Che is purely Gujarati.
Actually, how Raajsthanis speak depends on whether they're Rajput or Marwari, also urban or rural. Rajputs speak in shuddh Hindi, and they don't use "tum" , it's always aap. Even those from the rural areas speak like this if they're among the ruler class. This Manne -thanne- tharo is Marwari , that too rural Marwari.
deleteaccount thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

It's Beendni, Neelo ๐Ÿ˜†. And Che is purely Gujarati.
Actually, how Raajsthanis speak depends on whether they're Rajput or Marwari, also urban or rural. Rajputs speak in shuddh Hindi, and they don't use "tum" , it's always aap. Even those from the rural areas speak like this if they're among the ruler class. This Manne -thanne- tharo is Marwari , that too rural Marwari.

Thanks , I'll correct them๐Ÿ˜ƒ Bhabo uses Chhe in DABH (at least I thought so) so I added it๐Ÿ˜ณ
Isn't Rann somewhere near Gujarat? According to my Hindi teacher, they have a lot in common- (a few words or phrases) since they are very close to each other.

I'll correct them. Are others okay?
Are you a Rajasthani? Or do you also watch a lot of shows like me?๐Ÿ˜›
SS88 thumbnail
You guys, I was just speaking to my sister. She hasn't been following the thread/forum but she watched all the promos. And she told me that she loved Ashish in Gunahon ke Devta . Since I was away at college, I had no idea she had seen that show. The point is, she and I usually like the same people , so if she loved his acting, he must be very good. And I'm sure I'll love him too. She's really excited about seeing him with Sanaya (our shared girl crush) in RR. IDK why I posted this, but I was so excited to hear something positive about him from someone who has almost the exact same taste. Oh when will 30 Dec come!
SS88 thumbnail
@Nelo- you're doing a nek kaam. Considering how many people here don't understand simple Hindi, this crash course in Rajasthani dialect is needed. :) Good job.
That Bhabho and her clan are Marwaris. So are the people from Ye Rishta. But he difference is that Team Bhabho lives in a small town and are not very educated, while the Ye Rishta Clan are from some city and very well-educated. That's why you never hear manne thanne in YRKKH. At least that's the impression I got while surfing channels.On the other hand, if you watched the movie Gulaal, or even Rajneeti, they were based on Rajput families, and everyone spoke chaste Hindi.
The "rann" in the tagline of the 1st promo refers to the desert, not just Rann of Kutch. In Hindi (the shuddh version), desert is rann. There might be some shared words , and even the dresses look slightly similiar, with differences in patterns. But che as far as I know is Gujarati.

OK, just saw the last line of your post. I'm actually a Kashmiri. But I have two college friends who were Rajasthani. One was Rajput , and she used to talk like hum aate hain, aapko kya chahiye,not as much with friends, but with people she didn't know well. The other one was Marwari, but she spoke normal Hindi, like main, tum, even tu sometimes. She was the one who told me this manne-tharo is a rural dialect. And yeah I actually watch too many movies. Not that many shows, just Sanaya's and I follow QH, I had started Ek Boond but I don't have time. And yeah I really like both Shaitan and Crime Patrol. And JDJ and NB.
Edited by SS88 - 10 years ago
deleteaccount thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

@Nelo- you're doing a nek kaam. Considering how many people here don't understand simple Hindi, this crash course in Rajasthani dialect is needed. :) Good job.
That Bhabho and her clan are Marwaris. So are the people from Ye Rishta. But he difference is that Team Bhabho lives in a small town and are not very educated, while the Ye Rishta Clan are from some city and very well-educated. That's why you never hear manne thanne in YRKKH. At least that's the impression I got while surfing channels.On the other hand, if you watched the movie Gulaal, or even Rajneeti, they were based on Rajput families, and everyone spoke chaste Hindi.
The "rann" in the tagline of the 1st promo refers to the desert, not just Rann of Kutch. In Hindi (the shuddh version), desert is rann. There might be some shared words , and even the dresses look slightly similiar, with differences in patterns. But che as far as I know is Gujarati.

OK, just saw the last line of your post. I'm actually a Kashmiri. But I have two college friends who were Rajasthani. One was Rajput , and she used to talk like hum aate hain, aapko kya chahiye,not as much with friends, but with people she didn't know well. The other one was Marwari, but she spoke normal Hindi, like main, tum, even tu sometimes. She was the one who told me this manne-tharo is a rural dialect. And yeah I actually watch too many movies. Not that many shows, just Sanaya's and I follow QH, I had started Ek Boond but I don't have time. And yeah I really like both Shaitan and Crime Patrol. And JDJ and NB.

That's some good information!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I didn't know that. I knew about Marwaris and Rajputs that't it. Jodha is a Rajput and you're right, she uses 'aap' and not 'tum'. And I didn't know Bhabo and clan were Marwaris๐Ÿ˜›.
And I didn't know Rann was the shhuddh word for desert also. I actually thought that the show was set in the Rann of Kutch

I have all South Indian friends so whatever I know about North is from from what I see on TV.
I have watched so many shows, starting with Shaka Laka boom boom, son apri, hatim, shaktimaan(repeat) to Tere Liye, IPk , Veera etc๐Ÿ˜ณ
All of us (sisters) have similar choices when it comes to TV aand movies. But according to my childish elder sister (yes she has a brain smaller than mine) she will never watch RR because she thinks she will be 'Betraying IPK"๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿฅฑ

Good night Deephti di ๐Ÿ˜ณ