Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Guinea

My two pence abt the issue a lot of us are discussing...

I am glad sanaya did CC for a multitude of reasons ...firstly the show on paper must have sounded really good to her and she was very clear that , she did not want to do a love story immidiately after IPK which is a good thought.

Yes, I agree CC was a very average show and not even all sanaya fans watched it for the 6 months it was on air , but in my opinion it gave her the neccessary gap from ipk and let her come out of the " khushi" shadow , she portrayed Channchann in a very mature manner and i personally loved to see this difference , inspite of Having a very flat script for CC.

I donot beleive it would have been better if she would have stayed at home doing nothing for a year and waited for rangrasiya because you need to work to learn ...

When she did the welcome show in LOK for a week , she probably learnt what it takes to do a reality show and may I say she was the most well behaved of them all and came out with flying colours ( here i am not talking of her cooking 😆 )

When she anchored the zee valentine show with karan grover ...she showed us another side to her talents , this would have taught her if anchoring is really her thing or not ...

When she did the dance performance in JDJ as dhrasti's best friend , she pretty much realised what it takes to do a dance reality show with a daily soap ( as she did this for a week) and wheather she is upto it. Being in jdj also ofcourse helped the channel in realising that they wanted sanaya in one of their shows😆

CC her learning must have been tremendous , probably what all she should get into before signing her next show in terms of script , co actors , what work has been done by the PH on the show etc. I am sure even with the whole FK issue ...their must have been a learning on how she could have handled it better , how should she henceforth form relations with co stars she hardly knows etc ...

Even in rangrasiya ...as time passes by , their will be learnings , some good / some bad as every experience teaches you something.

How can you learn , grow , mature as an actor by sitting at home for one year ...what are you supposed to do ...give interviews and do PR exercises.
Sanaya has a very strong , inherrent sense of how the tv industry operates and what it requires ...her choices are correct . See for yourself ...its been one year and she is on a stronger wicket now in her career then she ever was .

well said I am glad she never sat at home waiting.. haha so true on reality shows..

i don't watch that many, but as far as i know she is the only one who came out without a drop of mud on her after a one in the nature of Welcome!👏
She walked in to it with her head held high n she left it with not just her head held high, but with the respect of every single other contestant who started off by tormenting her in the 1st episode! I loved how in the last part where the winner was announced that lady who was so nasty at first, she felt so embarrassed and also guilty!
As a fan she made me so proud by her conduct!!

anyway yes CC might have been a mess but i also always agree that it was a much needed buffer b/w IPK and her next romance, which will be RR...it makes RR just the more anticipated and welcomed ❤️
Anyway CC was a very good learning ground on WHAT NOT TO DO in every regard of the show! Every single thing it did is a clear indication of what an actor, PH n channel should never do! so yes RR will be that much the better for it!😳
for me now its collateral damage i am happy to forget n move on...😆

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: neet2407

Hello!

My name is Anita and I have been a silent reader on the forums (ipk) since October 2011 -so silent in fact that this is my first post ever!

Everyday I read the pages and finally I just wanted to say hi and contribute to this awesome forum

Tiny background I am Bengali in origin born and brought up in the uk though I visit India often

Started watching ipk as my bro is called arnav and carers for my mum who was ill were Asian and used to watch starplus a lot (as well as my dad)I had no knowledge of Hindi at all but appreciated the subtitles when I started watching ipk and it helped me through some tough times
To cut a long story short I am a massive Sanaya fan and had the good fortune to meet her when she came to London I turned into a teenager when I finally went upto her and was so gobsmacked I just hugged her as tight as possible and said you are awesome! Only thing that came out of my mouth - to my surprise she hugged me back just as tightly! I love everything about her on screen her talent, beauty and aura and off screen she has shined as an amazing person way before I even met her! So glad I can talk about Sanaya and RangRasiya (which I can't wait for!) with all you guys

I watched chan chan in all it's entirety too and am slowly making my way through mjht though no subtitles so it's slow (I would probably watch sanaya open an envelope if I got a chance!)
Ashish and Sanaya look very impressive together and though my Hindi has improved from non existent it is still weak and I rely on all your translations!
Can't wait for RangRasiya and to hang out with you all! X

Hi Anita! welcome on board! 🤗
I am so glad u and a lot of people have started to break their silence and coming out!! and awww awww awww u r sooo luckyyy!! i so so wish i got as lucky to meet my angel girl just once in my life!

anway thanks for sharing ur wonderful experience with us and it just made me smile happily!❤️ be around and join in the conversation more often! 😳

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Msfrootie

True.. Is it weird to feel so protective and possesive about a show before it even begins??😳😳

I just feel thankful CC acted as a buffer between IPK and RR, as already said here by someone.. Plus I have my list of grievances with CC which I better not take out..

lol di weirdly enough its very much true! I already feel a bond with the show n care a lot for it ❤️

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Guinea

My two pence abt the issue a lot of us are discussing...

I am glad sanaya did CC for a multitude of reasons ...firstly the show on paper must have sounded really good to her and she was very clear that , she did not want to do a love story immidiately after IPK which is a good thought.

Yes, I agree CC was a very average show and not even all sanaya fans watched it for the 6 months it was on air , but in my opinion it gave her the neccessary gap from ipk and let her come out of the " khushi" shadow , she portrayed Channchann in a very mature manner and i personally loved to see this difference , inspite of Having a very flat script for CC.

I donot beleive it would have been better if she would have stayed at home doing nothing for a year and waited for rangrasiya because you need to work to learn ...

When she did the welcome show in LOK for a week , she probably learnt what it takes to do a reality show and may I say she was the most well behaved of them all and came out with flying colours ( here i am not talking of her cooking 😆 )

When she anchored the zee valentine show with karan grover ...she showed us another side to her talents , this would have taught her if anchoring is really her thing or not ...

When she did the dance performance in JDJ as dhrasti's best friend , she pretty much realised what it takes to do a dance reality show with a daily soap ( as she did this for a week) and wheather she is upto it. Being in jdj also ofcourse helped the channel in realising that they wanted sanaya in one of their shows😆

CC her learning must have been tremendous , probably what all she should get into before signing her next show in terms of script , co actors , what work has been done by the PH on the show etc. I am sure even with the whole FK issue ...their must have been a learning on how she could have handled it better , how should she henceforth form relations with co stars she hardly knows etc ...

Even in rangrasiya ...as time passes by , their will be learnings , some good / some bad as every experience teaches you something.

How can you learn , grow , mature as an actor by sitting at home for one year ...what are you supposed to do ...give interviews and do PR exercises.
Sanaya has a very strong , inherrent sense of how the tv industry operates and what it requires ...her choices are correct . See for yourself ...its been one year and she is on a stronger wicket now in her career then she ever was .

G, you nailed it absolutely.

You said every single thing I would want to say about Sanaya. CC didnt work, but which actor can only speak of shows that always worked? Irrespective of what people would like to think of their favorite, no one in invicible.

But the important thing is whether she can face that and move on in her career. From the looks of it she has.

I had said this earlier and Ill say it again, one of the reasons I like her is that she never offers excuses nor does she complain. She just accepts things as they are, and mo0ves on by doing what she is best at- working hard, putting up a show.

Another things that people often forget is the kind of background she comes from. She is from an affluent background, it would be so easy for her to put her feet up and not work her ass off. But she doesnt. She is very ambitious & driven and I relate to that as a career oriented woman myself.
princessunara thumbnail

Hi Anita!! I'm Deepthi.. Most welcome to the Rangrasiya asylum as we call this.. So sweet of u to make ur first comment here for Rangrasiya..😊😊

Lucky Lady!! U got to hug Sanaya.. Sunara is not around i guess or she would ve been jumping to respond to this..

Sanaya sure is one inspiring lady and she has made all of cross boundaries of age/sex/language/ nationality for her sake..👏👏

Hope to see u around more often, commenting that is.. 😊

@Red: I am glad to know my reputation precedes me as one of the craziest San fans! 🤣
n hehe i can go a little less crazy cz i now have something Sanaya held in her hands with me ❤️ and I hug n kiss it every once in a while!😳 So technically she gave me a gift which has her touch n i am imagining I am hugging my barbie doll! 😆

if any1 needed further proof of my insanity i think i just gave it! 🤣

chintu123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi Guys.
Great start to a great new show. This time around the vibes are good and looks like the show is going to be interesting. Time slot is the right one. The SP show is doing well by default( The show is extremely boring IMHO) as QH has been messed up royally. So if the show clicks it can become really big.
I agree that Sanaya did the right thing by being busy. She rightly realises that out of sight is out of mind esp on TV and unlike movies where one sucessful movie ensures a good career, here it depends more on the channel and PH. So many TV actresses are now out of work for so long (irrespective of what they say about taking a break - reality is they are not being approached) - so getting back to back offers is something of a compliment to Sanaya and her popularity.
This serial in my opinion is the make or break serial for her- if it does well then sky is the limit .

princessunara thumbnail

Out of context, but this thread needs to be made sticky! 😃

hehe just reported the entire 1st page.. i assume u wanted me to do that! 😆

neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

<font color="#0066CC" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2"> Hi Anita! welcome on board! 🤗</font>
<font color="#0066CC" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2"> I am so glad u and a lot of people have started to break their silence and coming out!! and awww awww awww u r sooo luckyyy!! i so so wish i got as lucky to meet my angel girl just once in my life! </font>

<font color="#0066CC" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2"> anway thanks for sharing ur wonderful experience with us and it just made me smile happily!❤️ be around and join in the conversation more often! 😳

</font>

Thanks Sunara!
It was amazing to meet her! You will meet her for sure I didn't know how I'd meet her either and suddenly the opportunity just came (which of course I grabbed!)

I always think if you dream about it so intensely it will happen for sure and in a weird way the longer you wait for it the more special it will be (though not too long a wait of course!)

I will of course comment I always did comment just in my mind instead of in cyberspace But now I willingly enter the asylum and can't wait to dissect RangRasiya

In fact at 930pm now I sometimes switch on colors in preparation A fully fledged member of the asylum 😛
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: kashi11

Guinea

I agree with your post on learning and in a sense it is a good thing to learn the hard way what does not work. I wanted to pick on a line in your post about her learning about handling people and media. I am going honest here and say that I was disappointed with the way Sanaya handled the FK issue and the media - when considered in the context of how badly Chanchan was doing it came across me as her being unable to handle failure and difficult times.

However I hope she has learned from this - her interviews at the time of Chanchan's closure were all mature and since the news of RR came she has stayed away from media which I think is positive - it allows her to focus on her work and for the audience to wait in anticipation. Hope to see her go to further strength in this area and let her work speak.

Hi Kashi, welcome to this thread. One of the reasons I participate in Sanaya related threads is because difference of opinion and constructive criticism is always welcome.

I agree with you on this. I think she could have handled the FK issue better, either remained silent or have refuted his allegations sincerely.

But she spoke her mind, something she does always. At least that way she is consistent.

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

G, you nailed it absolutely.

You said every single thing I would want to say about Sanaya. CC didnt work, but which actor can only speak of shows that always worked? Irrespective of what people would like to think of their favorite, no one in invicible.

But the important thing is whether she can face that and move on in her career. From the looks of it she has.

I had said this earlier and Ill say it again, one of the reasons I like her is that she never offers excuses nor does she complain. She just accepts things as they are, and mo0ves on by doing what she is best at- working hard, putting up a show.

Another things that people often forget is the kind of background she comes from. She is from an affluent background, it would be so easy for her to put her feet up and not work her ass off. But she doesnt. She is very ambitious & driven and I relate to that as a career oriented woman myself.

@red - true a very good point u brought up! People sometimes work hard cz they have no choice but to do that to survive. But when someone who comes from lap of luxury and doesn't have to lift a finger to do any work, its very rare to see this much drive, dedication and passion towards their craft..

Sanaya loves acting, she loves her job.. And with every single thing she does she only keeps on proving it..

aawww but i DOOO LOVEEE to see your appreciation posts on her! ❤️