bolt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
My story already stated... πŸ˜ƒ

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/96111335
Edited by bolt - 10 years ago
deleteaccount thumbnail
Unfortunately an NRI. Would love to live in my own country. But this country is wonderful too . So 'this' is where I come from - Middle east
LazilyAnonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I live in Canada and I first saw her in Fanna and she looked so damn adorable!!! But totally because a fan during MJHT time!!! LOL My friends told me I kinds look like Gunjan because if my glasses πŸ˜† But she is one of the BEST actresses I have never seen!!! She is one of the most genuine actress I have ever seen <333

#ProudToBeSanaya'sFan
-WalkThatWay- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Here's my story:

Born and bread in the UK...Half Indian (mother Indian and father English), find it very difficult to understand Hindi and only know a few common words. Occasionally watch Bollywood movies with Mum..I like them because of the music but other than that have no idea what they are saying...American/English movies and shows are my forte

Now on to how I came across Sanaya, feels weird saying this but it was my Mums brother's wedding and because he is also Indian we were to wear Asian clothing, so before the wedding I was looking for wedding clothes and searched Asian wedding wear and came across a famous wear known as Lenghas, upon searching that up I came across a picture of Sanaya in a blue and white Lengha from IPKKND (teri meri dream sequence one)...and OMG I was blown away by her beauty, she looked stunning and I was completely mesmerised...I was like who is this beautiful model (at that time never knew she was an actress), it said Khushi in the description and thought that was her name, so began searching Khushi

I realised that it was the name from some kind of a show (wasn't aware of any Indian soaps), and then I got to know that her name was Sanaya, and she starred in IPKKND, started watching it online and liked it..only watched Sanaya parts, didn't like anything else much apart from her scenes (don't mean to offend those who did).

...and as they say rest is history

P.S - Getting used to Hindi a little and seeking help from my Mum πŸ˜†, so that I can watch Rang Rasiya and understand it!!
Edited by m_zaks - 10 years ago
929112 thumbnail
My name is Sushma, Sush for short.
Indian, living in US of A. Can understand, speak & read & write Hindi. Friend told me about Sanaya
Watched all her earlier shows, now I am getting sleepless after the new promo.
I am in love with the promo and the new smoking hot jodi ... waiting to see Sanaya Irani sizzle on screen again!
crazyforsanaya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I'm French and live in Canada.
(Everyone thinks of Canada as an extension of the US, I don't know why! We are sooo different!!!πŸ˜†)
Anyway, I have a friend (also non-Indian, Italian, who is very active on this forum!! Vittoria aka kbtr) who is absolutely nuts about Sanaya. She introduced me to IPK after going gaga over Sanaya as Kushi! I was not an avid viewer as v, (anyway, she was sure to fill me in!πŸ˜† whenever I missed an epi, which was very often, as I didn't think much of it!) But I was VERY impressed with Sanaya's acting. Her facial expressions are brilliant and her expressive eyes are commanding.
I cannot wait for her new show to begin! I'm slowly getting sucked in like v!!! Sanaya is magnificent. In all ways!
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
NRI living in the UK. I was a guest on IF for about 3 years and then got irritated with not being able to access members only posts so joined in 2009 but was a more or less silent reader till early 2012.
I think I had recently subscribed to SP, though I can't remember why because I barely watched it (it was destinyπŸ˜†) but I caught the first promo of IPK and it totally put me off the show as I thought another rich man poor girl story and to be honest I didn't like Sanaya's look and had no inclination to watch it and somehow I never saw any other promo.
Then one day while channel surfing I saw a vision in red looking innocent and sexy at the same time and reeling in this intense looking guy and along with him I was hooked. However I didn't become a fan until I saw Sanaya's human side. The tears that she shed for others pierced my heart and her courage to say things the way they are just won me over and it was only when her off screen personality won me over that I became a fan. The more I get to know of her the more I admire her because although we can never really know a celebrity the love and admiration that she has garnered from people in the industry really does give a good indication of who she is.
My family know of my obsession with Sanaya...last night my son caught the RR promo with me and said 'Is that your Khushi?' (yup, all mine❀️) and today my Mom called and said 'I saw your Chhan Chhan today but it was a different show and she was only there for a few seconds ( she didn't realize it was the promo for Sanz new show). So now I'm waiting for another family member to ask me about 'your Paro'πŸ˜†.
Gosh this was long but trust me this is the shortened version,when it comes to Sanaya I can write a thesis.
MadhuO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Indian living in the USA.
Don't speak Hindi...have started to understand some from watching IPK and Chhanchhan. Thinking of taking a "Hindi" class so I don't have to depend on a translator. My journey with Sanaya started all because I gifted my mother an iPad. While helping her search for stuff she wanted to watch, I came across YT clips of Indian Serials and one click led to another and I happened onto a Khushicentric clip during the kidnap period...got curious, found episode one, saw her eyes...got even more curious and started to watch secretly since I didn't want anyone in my family to know that I was watching an Indian serial. My boyfriend Oliver got wind of it one day and when you tube started to restrict episodes he subscribed to SP so I could watch IPK. We have an Indian friend who translates for us. Sanaya just grew on me and I am hooked as a fan. I simply adore her as a person first then actor. Looking forward to RangRasiya. BTW, Oliver along with our friends Mark and Yug are also Sanaya droolers and will be watching RR..

kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Italian living in Canada.
Began to become aware of Indian culture after IPK and Sanaya.

So, one fine day, or rather, night, I went to pick up my east Indian friend to go dancing. When I got there, she was not ready, because she was watching a show online!!! I got really mad at her, because the whole gang had already left. So anyway, she started to get ready, but left her laptop on the bed. It was the Teri Meri epi. of IPK. Sanaya came on the screen and I was mesmerized. Not only by her beauty, her eyes, but also by her acting. For the first time in my life, I understood what it meant to drown in someone's eyes!!!!
To cut a long story short, needless to say, dancing that night got waylaid. I was so glued to the dance and Sanaya, I would not move, even to go home. Because, my friend and I decided to watch all the epis on-line. (THANK-YOU, Ismail Veganza!πŸ‘)
All I can say is Thank-God, it was the long weekend, because neither my friend Angela, nor I moved for the next THREE days!!
We locked ourselves in her room, and had a feast of IPK! (Of course, I drove her crazy, because I didn't understand a word that was being spoken. Have learned a few words thanks to Kushi and Google..ji!! Like Nahi! Hayi Devi Maya!! Hume maaf kardije, Arnavji...!πŸ˜†
After the gang found out what we did, they joined us, and at one time, there were 45 of us from different cultures watching IPK. Together! Sadly after the kidnapping track, it dwindled down to 5. At the onset of the Sheetal track, no-one, inc I was watching. (After the ousting of Shyam I stopped watching.)
Anyway, I don't watch any Indian shows or movies. I am not interested in anything that does not have Sanaya!

MadhuO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kbtr

Italian living in Canada.

Began to become aware of Indian culture after IPK and Sanaya.

So, one fine day, or rather, night, I went to pick up my east Indian friend to go dancing. When I got there, she was not ready, because she was watching a show online!!! I got really mad at her, because the whole gang had already left. So anyway, she started to get ready, but left her laptop on the bed. It was the Teri Meri epi. of IPK. Sanaya came on the screen and I was mesmerized. Not only by her beauty, her eyes, but also by her acting. For the first time in my life, I understood what it meant to drown in someone's eyes!!!!
To cut a long story short, needless to say, dancing that night got waylaid. I was so glued to the dance and Sanaya, I would not move, even to go home. Because, my friend and I decided to watch all the epis on-line. (THANK-YOU, Ismail Veganza!πŸ‘)
All I can say is Thank-God, it was the long weekend, because neither my friend Angela, nor I moved for the next THREE days!!
We locked ourselves in her room, and had a feast of IPK! (Of course, I drove her crazy, because I didn't understand a word that was being spoken. Have learned a few words thanks to Kushi and Google..ji!! Like Nahi! Hayi Devi Maya!! Hume maaf kardije, Arnavji...!πŸ˜†
After the gang found out what we did, they joined us, and at one time, there were 45 of us from different cultures watching IPK. Together! Sadly after the kidnapping track, it dwindled down to 5. At the onset of the Sheetal track, no-one, inc I was watching. (After the ousting of Shyam I stopped watching.)
Anyway, I don't watch any Indian shows or movies. I am not interested in anything that does not have Sanaya!

😊 Love your story.
One of the phrases I use all the time now is "Tum theek ho". πŸ˜†