Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: showviewer

"Ran" also means desert in Hindi, so "A love story written in blood on the desert sands". I agree with you, with a tagline like that the emphasis should be more on the poltico-romantic drama rather then be preachy about social issues, whuch may form the backdrop to how and why characters react the way do in the story.

yup the social system should be the skeleton on top of which the rest is built. And its a love story.. there is no two ways about it.. the darker the love the more intense it will be.. that just might be the beauty of this..
so i am assuming that social issues will create situations that might bring them together in a bad way, leading to the clash b/w the future lovers too..

hmm so isn't Rann a name cz the promo says 'Rann ke reth par' i interpreted it reth as desert n forgot it means also sand!.. ahh i guess that is the difference b/w a native speaker and someone who learned it..

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

small town? damn! had i been free to take a holiday i would have taken the next month off an camped out there waiting to somehow stumble across the shooting! 😆

n wow u have been there di? that is awesome! anyway good for San that the climate is good.. she can take any cold easily but not the heat usually..

anyway i think judging by the promo the DOP is perfect! can we expect Hrishikesh to be the one?⭐️

Sunara, as far as I remember, Jaisalmer is a really tiny little town ... it was barely more than a village when I visited, but that was many years ago. And if they are shooting there, they will definitely shoot in the fort ... we could have caught the shooting 😳

Yep, the first promo was visually stunning ... not just the actors, who were spot on ... but the entire set up ... the shoot, the crows flying, the visuals of the desert and Sanaya in red against the golden sands ... then the visual of the young girl in red surrounded by the crows in black ... and then the last shot of the slender girl in red and the army man in green against the golden sand ... all monochromatic colors, and so effective! Their DOP and editors definitely have a very artistic eye.
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Msfrootie

lol what about 😆

AtiRa

or

AtiRa

Shades of red and maroon.. Rakth ka rang.. I would say..

like this? 😆

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Sunara, as far as I remember, Jaisalmer is a really tiny little town ... it was barely more than a village when I visited, but that was many years ago. And if they are shooting there, they will definitely shoot in the fort ... we could have caught the shooting 😳

Yep, the first promo was visually stunning ... not just the actors, who were spot on ... but the entire set up ... the shoot, the crows flying, the visuals of the desert and Sanaya in red against the golden sands ... then the visual of the young girl in red surrounded by the crows in black ... and then the last shot of the slender girl in red and the army man in green against the golden sand ... all monochromatic colors, and so effective! Their DOP and editors definitely have a very artistic eye.

Diya , nowdays in tv you also have a special creative team who do the trailors and the initial 30-50 episodes till the show settles down. I remember reading an interview of arvind babbar who did the first 50 odd episodes of SC ...

Trailors have become such an important tool on tv nowdays , the trp audience decides on the basis of a trailor , wheather they will give the show a chance or not ..
Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

like this? 😆

What in heavens is this 😆 ...is it the sony show bhoot aaya
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

I am going against the crowd here ... taking the ends of both the names does not sound right to me ... neither of the names comes across properly.

I would prefer either

RuPar or RudPa or RudPar ...

OR PaRu or PaRud ... preferably keeping the beginnings of both the names.

OR

RuVati or PaRa ... the beginning of one and the end of the second.

I love the name Rudra, so would like that to come first ... unlike Radha Krishna and Seeta Ram, Shiva Parvati are always invoked with Shivji's name first.

I also suggested RuVati. I am ok with it, but i don't like the rest cz somehow 'Par' part messes up the jodi name.. that 'P' is my biggest problem with it! Nothing sounds good with 'P' in it!

Beauceant thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

like this? 😆

Loved the first and second one, especially the second.. Dark mysterious and of course intense..

I probably need a psychiatry consultation asap😆
princessunara thumbnail

What in heavens is this 😆 ...is it the sony show bhoot aaya

i don't know i was simply catering to the demand! 🤣

leanne_1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Msfrootie

What i meant was there is no way to know how the trp aunties are liking the promo.. Twitter, FB,YT all reflect the excitement of the online audience, which to be frank was already an assured thing with Sanaya as the lead.. The pure TV audience, who are a major contributors to trp, will remember an exciting promo,if well promoted and will turn up and watch the show, so the first week trp can only speak for them..

I'm not undermining the importance of the online veiwers but just saying for a show like this these Trp aunties do count..

I don't know whether this is relevant and I doubt my Mom can be considered a TRP Aunty. She is not a huge TV fan and I don't think our area contributes to TRPs anyway. My Mom is however a regular viewer of just one show Balika Vadhu, and that too because we kind of introduced her and almost forced her to watch it. Today during the BV break we all saw the Rang Rasiya promo and my Mom was like..."This show will be nice. Lets watch it. We'll try finishing dinner preparations before that." And I was like WHAT THE!! Thats the 1st time my Mom has made an initiative to start watching a show. She was even asking details about the concept of the show.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think the promo will strike a chord with a number of people. Specially the social prejudice of being a young widow. Besides that I guess we can only hope for the best.
Edited by leanne_1983 - 10 years ago
princessunara thumbnail

Loved the first and second one, especially the second.. Dark mysterious and of course intense..

I probably need a psychiatry consultation asap😆

or just go and watch the promo again!😆 it might turn u even more insane so insane+insane might make u sane! 🤣