Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: capricorn2006

Wonder why Harshad's name has not come up as a possible choice

Wish we could be so lucky 😃
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: SS88

Sunara, thanks for reminding me. I forgot about Harshad. Now he would be good too! Ok so now my top choices are Karan Veer Bohra and Harshad Chopra. Anyway I just hope that the show is very very successful. So actually it was this show that was offered to Sanaya not DDEJ? Cos I was under the impression that it was DDEJ. Have to agree with you, I love ST's sets, costumes, dialogues. Although I don't properly follow either of his shows, he does good work. And so true- lots of emphasis on the girl. It's time Sanaya got a strong role.
P.S What you said about Khushi being a complicated character is so true. Somewhere after the kidnapping track, the writers just forgot about that.

ya i was like why the hell is HC not considered if this is a mature role! 😲
n aww ya Karanveer n HC both will be like tailormade for this role!
And both with Sanaya r AWESOME looking! its proven chemistry! ⭐️

ughh don't even get me started on Khushi! they destroyed the good opportunity! she was one of the most complicated characters that was ever seen on TV! that is why we see million different versions of fan fictions that explore the glimpses of depths they themselves barely explored!
so this time hopefully it will be done well on the girl's side!
n ya ST is a more responsible person...also even i am a lil confused if this or Jaan was offered to her.. anyway it seems it was this cz there was that article that said he didn't want any1 except her for the show remember?
n seems like he indeed waited for her to be free! 😳

Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guinea

Wish we could be so lucky 😃

I think he would be good too. Thats why i am wondering..because have not heard that he has BW ambitions and he was in contention for EBI till the end so he is definitely in for TV offers.
I guess PHs also have their own choices

Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I was a follower of GKD, I can tell you that Ashish can play a tough guy. He's also played Chandragupta Maruya. Nonetheless, I don't mind if GC or HC are cast opposite Sanaya. HC and Sanaya have been my dream jodi for a while now.
Edited by Sidda8 - 11 years ago
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: rehann

you watch Jaan Sunara?? i exceptionally love their BG score...
lyrics with maula n kaazi... not sure but it's extremely melodious n beautiful...
but the story... uff🤢 i hate it... especially the leads... Thank god Sanaya rejected it...😳

i don't! but i have enough friends in my FB profile who do for me to know what is happening! 😆
n ya watched the BG score of title song.. its beautiful! i posted it here on page 6 😳
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricorn2006

Wonder why Harshad's name has not come up as a possible choice

i wonder too but the article said that GC was only ONE among the other popular actors that were approached.. so who knows..
anyway HC might not want to do a show right now or maybe he would want to take his mind off things n do it.. he just lost his mom due to cancer..
😔 n it might explain his long absence from TV till now too cz e might have wanted to be with her n a show would have taken up all of his time otherwise..

http://www.gr8mag.com/posts.php?id=1316
-Birdie- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guinea

Yeah but if you read the article , he confirms he has been approached but the offer did not workout so i guess that ends there 😃

LOL no he says nothing is confirmed yet, anyways lets see what happens next.😊
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Chances are low with HC being the male lead due to his real-life situation.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

ya i was like why the hell is HC not considered if this is a mature role! 😲
n aww ya Karanveer n HC both will be like tailormade for this role!
And both with Sanaya r AWESOME looking! its proven chemistry! ⭐️

ughh don't even get me started on Khushi! they destroyed the good opportunity! she was one of the most complicated characters that was ever seen on TV! that is why we see million different versions of fan fictions that explore the glimpses of depths they themselves barely explored!
so this time hopefully it will be done well on the girl's side!
n ya ST is a more responsible person...also even i am a lil confused if this or Jaan was offered to her.. anyway it seems it was this cz there was that article that said he didn't want any1 except her for the show remember?
n seems like he indeed waited for her to be free! 😳

I'm also surprised why Harshad's name has not come up ... he was even considered for Chhanchhan, there was a small SBS snippet on him when the replacement talks were going on. He would be good ... he was first on my list as well.

But honestly, as long as the guy can ACT, I have no issues with anyone ...

Agree with Sunara, ST seems to show the story more from the girl's side ... in MB, both Madhu and RK have back stories, and both are shown properly .. while Gul seems to be only in love with her male leads. Khushi could have had so much more to her story, but Gul just ignored that ... whatever depth Khushi had, was given by Sanaya herself ...

Re the confusion about DDEJ, we did hear that ST wanted ONLY Sanaya for his love story at that time, and it was a cross border love story ... although the articles say he offered her DDEJ. I think this show is the story he originally offered her and he made DDEJ with a different backdrop ... for a long time I thought DDEJ had a cross border backdrop and I was confused as to whether Antara was Muslim ...
So it appears that he HAS waited for his dream project for Sanaya only ... another reason to be glad that CC wrapped up. Which also means that the role will be very substantial, since he obviously wants her both for her Persian looks and her formidable talent.

Another good thing ... the music will be good.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: showviewer

Diya found an interview of Raghuvir Shekavat on YouTube and he is writing for some top rated shows of different genres- DABH, Veera, BV, Madhubala- so if he takes up Sanaya's show too that is exciting.

For me more then popularity the skill sets of a person is important, if the show is able to bring onboard talented actors, techinicians, directors and writers then it will definitely attract eyeballs and in turn TRPs. Once TRPs come everything else like media attention, awards follows in this industry.

Ah thanks, U ... I thought he had done BV and Veera also, but wasn't sure. So his list is really impressive ... some of the top TV shows are done by him. I hope he does do this one.

Yes, more than anything else, I want a good set of CV's ... writers, director, DOP, music, and good actors, of course ... writing and characterization has to be good and built up properly. Again expectations will be very high at the start, so they have to make sure they start strongly.