High praise for sanaya in bollywood life article.

Guinea thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir TV review: No chemistry, but has the potential to garner great TRPs

Wed, September 25, 2013 3:15pm UTC by Letty Mariam Abraham10 CommentsTags: Aastha Kirloskar, Anjali, Avdhood, Avinash Sachdev, Barun Sobti, Geetanjali Tikekar, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 2, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 2 review, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir, Kalinidhi, Manish Wadhwa, Niranjan, Prachi Shah, Sanaya Irani, Shlokh Agnihotri, Shrenu Parikh, Tushar Dalvi
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir TV review

The first season was all about the rich vs poor divide, while the second season hinges on the classic battle of the sexes

Man or woman - who do you think is better? Now that's been an ongoing argument for eons, with no real winner. And that is the new debate on the second season of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, a popular show that starred Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani in its first season. Riding on its popularity, the makers decided to come back with Season 2. Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir is all about the love-hate relationship between Aastha Kirloskar (Shrenu Parikh) and Shlokh Agnihotri (Avinash Sachdev).

Shlokh is in the business of education, which also includes building schools and colleges. His father Niranjan (Manish Wadhwa) commands respect in society for the work he does for unfortunate women and children. He hates his mother Anjali (Geetanjali Tikekar) for something she did a long time ago that changed his life drastically. Niranjan seems like a calm person, who never gets angry and believes in justice. Anjali, on the other hand, is sexist and doesn't believe in gender equality. She is of the opinion that men are kings and women are only meant to serve them. Shlokh takes that from his mother. He believes that women are weak and are being arrogant by comparing themselves to men. They should not have an opinion and it's a waste to give them any rights, he insists. The only words a woman should utter are Thank you' and Sorry'. Now that irks us a little bit...okay, a lot. Let's hope things change soon.

The Kirloskars are a middle class family who are free thinking and consider their daughter Astha's happiness to be their first priority. Kalinidhi (Prachi Shah), Avdhood (Tushar Dalvi) and Aaji love Astha and have always believed that their daughter is not less than anyone. Astha is a soft-hearted person who just can't see something wrong happening and ignore it.

The show starts with Astha getting on the wrong foot with Shlokh. Their first fight happens when she accidentally takes his concert tickets for women from the old age home. Shlokh insults her in front of the entire audience. Their second fight happens on the train when he loses his wallet and is caught by the ticket collector. He believes Astha stole his wallet to take revenge. Their third fight - this was a big one - happens when Shlokh catches four students leaking exam papers. But he expels only the girl involved. Unfortunately for him, she is Astha's friend - and Astha fights tooth and nail to get her justice. Things take a turn for the worse when the media gets involved and humiliates Shlokh's father for being a hypocrite. Shlokh vows to teach Astha a lesson for ruining the reputation of the only man he loves.

The story so far seems to be pretty good, with a watchable subplot. The concept of men vs women is being explored beautifully and as the battle of sexes progresses, it should get more intense.

Avinash Sachdev as Shlokh is very good, so much so that we are ready to forgive the makers for not bringing Barun Sobti back. AS does complete justice to the character of being a chauvinistic pig. Shrenu Parikh (Astha), however, does not match up to the potential of her character; she can't match up to Sanaya Irani's talent. And the chemistry between the two actors is just not as sizzling as we want it to be. Manish Wadhwa is a big mystery. We still haven't figured if he is the bad guy or the good one. Geetanjali Tikekar seems wooden, while Prachi Shah and Tushar Dalvi as Astha's parents are pretty natural.

All in all, we like the show and the potential it has to make it big. However, we are not happy with the time slot - with better timings, there's a chance the makers can actually pull in a lot more viewers. As long as they keep up the pace of the show, it is likely to get great TRPs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guinea thumbnail
I know the mods will close this post but this is for all of us sanaya fans who sometimes feel that sanaya does not get her due respect in the IPK forum. I always beleive her contribution to the show is unparellel , the general audience and the tv industry is aware of it.
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Nice!! Although, I don't agree with the Avinash part either!! 😆 He's not bringing anything new to table!! Although, I don't watch it but seen glimpse here and there!!
Shreya
Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: spate22

Nice!! Although, I don't agree with the Avinash part either!! 😆 He's not bringing anything new to table!! Although, I don't watch it but seen glimpse here and there!!

Shreya

I donot watch the show either but liked what they wrote abt sanaya so posted 😊
mpat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.
She is recognized amongst the Industry people that matter.

blah-blah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
No one can be compared to Barun and sanaya!!!
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
TFS! Sanaya is definitely one of the most talented actresses of current time. It's hard to match her caliber of talent.
BillyJean. thumbnail
Tfs...
Actually, any other actress I see these days does not measure up for me.
Sanaya has set the bar way too high...only she can surpass herself.
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Guinea for bringing this to our notice. Feels good to read appreciation for Sanaya's work.

I really don't think what a group of fans say or some forum posts will change the opinion of the industry and many viewers that Sanaya was tremendous as Khushi and one half of a very popular jodi, whose onscreen chemistry is still talked about and drooled over by many, it takes two good actors to create chemistry. We all have our personal preferences but cannot be blind to the contribution made by both actors. I am a Sanaya fan but will not hesitate to say Barun was excellent as ASR.

BTW, I have not seen the new show to comment about acting there.

The proof of Sanaya' s recognition is that she is constantly getting offers for shows, serials and performances, enough for us to know she has earned the respect of the TV industry, a place she has chosen to work in, for the time being.

The irony is the article is written by the same lady who asked couple of weeks back why Sanaya is doing another love story next. 😆

Edited by showviewer - 11 years ago
Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: showviewer

Thank you Guinea for bringing this to our notice. Feels good to read an appreciation for Sanaya's work.

I really don't think what a group of fans say or some forum posts will change the opinion of the industry and many viewers that Sanaya was tremendous as Khushi and one half of a very popular jodi, whose onscreen chemistry is still talked about and drooled over by many, it takes two good actors to create chemistry. We all have our personal preferences but cannot be blind to the contribution made by both actors. I am a Sanaya fan but will not hesitate to say Barun was excellent as ASR.

BTW, I have not seen the new show to comment about acting there.

The proof of Sanaya' s recognition is that she is constantly getting offers for shows, serials and performances, enough for us to know she has earned the respect of the TV industry, a place she has chosen to work in, for the time being.

The irony is the article is written by the same lady who asked couple of weeks back why Sanaya is doing another love story next. 😆

Hey i didn't notice who wrote it 😊 ...love what you have written and as always agree with you totally as always but the sad irony is I will never post this in sanaya's previous forum ...it will get nothing but mocking and bashing for sanaya , sigh ...what a sad state of affairs.