An argument for why Manav can be meaty role

showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Since the article for ML replacement has come, many of us put our views forth, some for and some against, each valid in their own way.
First, as of now, all of this is in the realm of speculation and none of us are close to knowing the truth, until the PH or channel give an official statement. No matter what happens we all want the show to improve and do well, that should be the bottomline.

Second, many names have been suggested incase there is change of actor. I have not seen most act, so won't go into who is better, but what I do want is a good looking actor and more importantly a good actor who can match Sanaya and Supriya and if Farhan can deliver this, so be it. I have no issues with newbies as long as job at hand is being done well.

Thirdly, the beauty of TV shows is that the story and tracks can be continuously tweaked as per audience feedback and TRPs. If a particular character or jodi is being liked a lot, their scope and role can be increased. So, if Manav is being liked, his scope in the show can increase, and so can ChhanChhan and Manav's romance. Romance does not end after marriage. With Manav having more to do we will also not have a "mama's boy" and this show will be less of a saas bahu show and more of a family drama. So, interesting things can be done. There is no hard and fast rule that this show has be limited as a " tu tu mein mein" between Uma ben and Chhan Chhan with Manav on the side.
Of course good writing is also needed, that is a different story.

I am writing this because I read some saying that Manav's role is limited, so why would most experienced actors be interested in it.
But all this makes sense if there is any truth to these rumors. Right now only people benefiting are media houses and websites who are getting many views and have the show's audience wound up.
My good wishes for team Chhan Chhan to make a good product.