FARHAN K. MAKEOVER - ALL FOR THE LOVE OF SANAYA!

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Firstly I would like to make myself very clear that this is NOT DONE as a bashing post but in order that the PH and fans treat it as a feedback for improvement in a show that I took to watching for the love of Sanaya.

We must all agree that we do not want viewers to deter from the show due to a lacklustre male lead. In fact we need to lure the ones who are staying away.

And please do understand this is NOT done in comparison to any previous ex- leads, as I have NO fondness for any.

This post (ex-comment) has been brought up so that all can contribute in giving their opinion of what one sees wrong and what corrective action needs to be taken for the show to rock and surpass the rival shows.

My POV:

Firstly I do feel the PH has under estimated Sanaya and her acting skills. Secondly her personality is very striking and vibrant.

Farhan Khan's choice of ML (from auditions of other well known actors) was decided upon after Vishal denied being chosen despite Sneha's tweet.

So it was never a fresh face choice earlier. They should have concentrated on a FRESH PAIRING rather than a fresh actor as the rest of the CC cast are all experienced and brilliant actors.

When FK was chosen and seeing all the poster pics thought they did chose well. But now it seems the scenes are falling flat and the boy seems out of place. Just does not fit into the Borasagar family...May it be SI/FK or FK with Supriya...

Had any other regular actress be chosen for CC's role, the male lead new or inexperienced would not matter...for Sanaya is an amazing actress.

CASTING IS HALF THE BATTLE WON for any show!

NOW IF THE BOY IS HERE TO STAY...considering he is for now...Farhan needs to STOP BLINKING, remove all those red hues from his hair,, roll down the sleeves of his Tees and instead wear some nice casual shirts, and get his act together big time. If Farhan were to spike his hair and retain his natural look, it would be far better. Oh and some white or pastel collared T-shirts it won't be such an eye-sore. FARHAN LOOKS GOOD IN WHITE!

And the PH and Farhan better get all this done soon. For some important scenes are on the way, when Manav gets to convince his family about CC, or expressing his love for CC (dread thinking about these scenes), stands by his wife during the CC vs UB war!

Noticed something else as well, no scenes yet of Manav and other members of his family, brothers, Dad, Hardly few... with his own mom & SILs. Why?

Being an ardent fan of Sanaya, the above is all spoken in good interest of the show...

Hope PH acts fast...for the big test happens after the end of IPL.

All are welcome to contribute to this post...as long as it is constructive and peaceful...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hes improved plz give him a break the forum has been postive stop posting these threads
Edited by khanrocks - 11 years ago
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
good post..i agree with some points nd not with some !
1st of all i dun think so ph has under estimated sanaya at all,instead they have kept all their hopes on sanaya nd it was the reason they selected her as the female lead ASAP..nd i still think chanchan is a rushed project!
i agree they could have selected some mature actor which i dunno y they didn't but here again i think they put all the burden on sanaya to make the couple hit with her presence nd performance nd selected a normal actor with her..

i do agree with the fact that FK needs make over ..hez fair tall nd handsome ,his eyes smile personality every thing can do wonders of used properly .. they need to give him some better suiting cloths ,hez long nd muscular simple boyish t- shirts doesn't suit him much .. nd they should work on his hair too ,but as he is shown as a guy of today he keeps his hair casually set,but some times he should try those spiky looks too..

as far as acting is concerned i agree he needs a lot of improvement but we should accept the fact that he has improved a lot .. his body language ,dialogue delivery, expressions nd voice modulation every thing has improved alot ..when he can improve in 3 weeks he 'll surely set himself up to the mark in coming days nd further weeks .. no matter how much we are fan of a celebrity we should be open enough to accept new bies too .. nd i still have hopes with this couple nd the show CC if only the dun make it a typical saga b/w 2 ideologies which is already shown million times in indian tv.
Edited by OnepoundChic - 11 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
agree hes improved alot and im sure after marrige they will style him better
ddsoaps thumbnail
@OPC glad that this is a healthy discussion.

You might be right on the first point...

Now that Farhan is here to stay, yes the changes can happen and wouldnt look odd with the romance track on...

Farhan really looks good in his modelling pics and that hairstyle suits him a lot...Wish they ruffle it and spike it a bit...

Guys do change for their girlfriends etc...wanting to impress their girl etc etc...

Note: Part of this post of mine was an old comment at another post...so things have changed after that and accept there is improvement.

geetmaanluv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i think farhan look needs improvement as well. this tapori style dressing with muscle shirts is not looking hte best on him . he has a good physic y not dress him better n more stylish .
looser01 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Farhan is slowly improving but you are correct PH needs to give him a make over thats not his fault lousy hairdresser who should be changed as well new shirts in White or light colours would look great he has a wonderful body and he is learning how to emote hope PH/Sony is reading this and will make the required changes as well love the SBS shoots they need to market this pair for TRPS get them on comedy circus get some movie stars on this show hoe they have a big fat indian wedding with some great locale as honey moon Sanaya is so lovely I only look at her in scenes she over powers every one
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for posting this 👍🏼

I don't think this is a bashing post at all. In fact the TM has given suggestions what needs to be changed so that Farhan is better accepted. While I am all appreciative of his hard work and agree that he is improving, the fact is that he is the weakest link among the cast and we don't want the show to lose audience because of that.

Most important ofcourse is the acting...he has improved in terms of his expressions but dialogue delivery is weak...he really needs to work on the voice modulation. Also in some of the scenes he has a tendency to blink a lot which is very distracting.

Coming to his look in the show...it is frankly disappointing. He looks so much better in his modelling shots and even at the show launch. The multicolored graphic tees and the red hair need to go. Completely agree with the TM that casual shirts will work much better. I think he was much leaner in his modelling shots ...right now especially with those tees he looks much too beefy for Sanaya who is so petite.

It will be good if the PH really considers the feedback...the fact is that even if the love story is not the main theme here, they need to capitalize on the young fanbase which Sanaya has. An interesting love track with a good eye candy as male lead will only help the show.

ddsoaps thumbnail
Thanks Capricorn2006!

Loved your POV...

I see that you have brought it out much more clearly than I did...

Farhan does look huge against Sanaya in personality and if those arms are hidden under nice shirts it wont harm anyone. In fact it would make him look leaner. Dont know why PH changed his natural hairstyle...which is far better than the one he sports in the show currently.

After watching yesterday's episode there is a lot of improvement in his dialogues. Voice modulation has to be constantly controlled, and he needs to be more expressive. Many a times its simply a blank look.

And like you said its not about being a love story or not...for we would like to enjoy every scene in the show...whether it may be Himanshu & Simple, Chhanchhan and her family, Manav with his family, Manav and CC...

Himanshu on the other hand who is basically a side kick, is such a natural, may it be when he is interacting with his friend Manav, or going all dreamy when seeing Simple, or overlooking the insulting mom of his dost or simply giggling over CC's family jokes...

It will be good if the PH really considers the feedback...the fact is that even if the love story is not the main theme here, they need to capitalize on the young fanbase which Sanaya has. An interesting love track with a good eye candy as male lead will only help the show.

Hope Farhan and PH take the above point into consideration and improvise wherever required.

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Agree with most of capricorn's remarks ... acting is of course the biggest area where Farhan needs to improve ... his expressions are getting better, but his voice modulation needs work, his dialogue delivery needs to sound much more spontaneous and natural, and less rehearsed. I liked the dialogue delivery in the new promo, and I do accept he is working hard.

Looks ... get rid of those red highlights pronto. He is a mamma's boy from a conservative family ... they don't gel with the character at all. Plus they don't look good.
And change back to casual long sleeved shirts ... the Tees make his arms look very beefy. Long sleeved shirts with the arms rolled up casually will look better. He looked good during the wedding.

The look might change only after the ChhanMan wedding though ... Manav is very much an immature Mamma's boy now ... His growth should come when he has to fight for his love ... and then after marriage. So the look change may happen accordingly.