Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hi50 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: anamunir

ur post got me thinking dear!!!!

for me the show is doing awesome i'm really loving almost everything about the show!!!!
there r few concerns too buh i still love the show!!!!!
sanaya being the only reason y i ended up watching the show initially buh now i love all the contemporary breezy n fun feel to the show!!!!
i really enjoy that i can almost relate everything to ma own everydaylife like CC's friends her family her pets n her pet loving nature!!!!
there's no painful stress filled drama in the story n that's wot i fell for!!!
n the real story isn't yet started i feel highly accoustomed to the liberal idea the show depicts n how its promising enough fr nt only being a love story buh also because its so more than a mere drama/soap as it's going to bust the social norms loving society we love in!!!!
i love CC fr the change it gonna bring fr us!!!!!
n u said something like sanaya having no options buh to sign the very show just because she ws unemployed by that time i really discourage u fr saying that an harsh thing being her fan atleast u've got to trust her with her choices n i bet she is never going to disappoint u gal!!!!
and as the rumour had it she ws offered two soaps at SP as star ws really desparate to have her again as she ws high on demand when hr previous show went off air!!!!
n then i heared she ws offered some soap on colours too buh she chose CC over everything n i bet she did feel strongly enough fr the whole project n nt just jumped in to sign it!!!!
thanx fr expressing ur concerns witnessing what earthshattering magic arhi had given its hard to move on buh i still appreciate u gave it a try fr her !!!!

I've only 2 things to say:

In RED, yes, that's the KEY point..
And that's the reason gradually things got changed for you... May be it'll happen to me someday as well..

Now do one thing: Sincerely think that if some newcomer is playing ChhanChhan & Sanaya is not there.. & then try to assess whether you will still get hooked...!! If your answer is NO, then that's what was my point... No pull in the story...!!

And IN BOLD...
NO... Why the unemployment-thing coming here ? Are you a Sanaya-fan? Please read the post again...
I said "desperate"... Is that the ONLY reason of desperation can be?? Unemployment? People can get desperate when they like something as well.. My POV was that!! What she so liked about this role because I didn't hear any of her interviews... So wanted peoples opinion..
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TabassumR

I think you should give the show a break and come back. I did that after Week 1 when I was disappointed. After I came back, I liked it better.. I don't know why, but everything seemed more settled. If you are still disappointed after your break, clearly the show is not working... for you at least ๐Ÿ˜†

I think Sanaya's decision being right or wrong, is not for us to decide. I guess she is a typical modern day woman who would rather work than dawdle and hold out for something which is not going to be much different from whatever opportunities are coming her way currently. Also, this is at least in the limited opportunities that desi tv offers, pushing the envelope a little bit. Potential-wise at least it is an interesting concept - an inter-generational conflict between two women who are very real. Yes, execution wise it may not deliver that promise, but that is a decision she will have to live with ๐Ÿ˜†

She could have done another love story but frankly she would have got far more criticism for refusing to get out of her comfort zone.

In BOLD, ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ.. Can't agree๐Ÿ˜Š ...

Also, I my POV was "not to question" Sanaya's POV... may be the execution was not proper, that's why inviting so many comments... I actually wanted to know her POV that what she liked about this role to take it... No doubt this is a PRIME role, so I wanted to hear something else..

Pashna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Same here. I am watching it only for sanaya. I skip rest of the epi and just see sanz scenes. I am not happy about saas bahu theme๐Ÿ˜•
goguma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I've only 2 things to say:

I

And IN BOLD...
NO... Why the unemployment-thing coming here ? Are you a Sanaya-fan? Please read the post again...
I said "desperate"... Is that the ONLY reason of desperation can be?? Unemployment? People can get desperate when they like something as well.. My POV was that!! What she so liked about this role because I didn't hear any of her interviews... So wanted peoples opinion..

@TM
may i suggest that u listened to sanaya's interviews,
since she is the best person to answer u on why she took up chhanchhan...

peace

ajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think its a great show nt dramtic like ipkynd
ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
obviously big fan of Sanaya so watching the show originally for her
the dogs are adorable so they definitely reel you in
but i like that it is quite light hearted, funny and the characters like himanshu and the whole of ChhanChhan's family and friends are beyond cute..they are all funny, modern and fairly real
i know its not a love story so not expecting extreme romance
but it leaves me with a smile at the end of the show so i watch for that reason๐Ÿ˜Š
and all in all..its only been a month and the story kicks off fully once she enters UB house as her bahu so yeah

ChhanChhan's character is fab, real and modern
her outlook and how she conducts herself is really good and when people were talking about the originality of the show is the fact that normal Saas-Bahu dramas have the bahu's crying in one corner or constantly listening to the Saas (like the 3 current bahus of UB), whereas CC is meant to stick up for what she believes in no matter who it is against (even her Saas)
that is where the originality is meant to be coming from (my opinion) and maybe more in the future who knows
Edited by ayshaomar - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hi50

Please please don't think this as a NEGATIVE post!!

I'm just wondering is it only me or someone else also thinking the same... !!
I'm a die-heart fan of ARSHI.. So started to watch this show just because of Sanaya..
Probably the same reason as 99.99% of us here...although I think some here aren't actually even watching the show but what the hey...the more the merrier.๐Ÿ˜Š
But with the days passing by, I'm realizing that this is just another saas-bahu drama.. the story teller has nothing novel to convey.. Well UB has a big scope here that I can see.. Do you think perhaps you might be rushing into judgement just a little too soon here? Agree it looks like it's going the saas bahu route but I'm not sure if it's going to be the traditional way though as CC is no shrinking violet who'll cover her head with her pallu and Maji her way through an episode.What makes me hopeful that CC might be different is that Sanaya said that the narration was very good...I have faith in her judgement. I have yet to see a storyteller on Indian TV who has something different to covey. Even the ones who start off with a promising concept usually fall onto the tried and tested path. Tomorrow will be just the 16th episode of the show...in my view the storyteller hasn't even had a chance to show whether or not they have something new to convey. Also I'm guessing that the main story will hit our screens after IPL, right now the cv's are just laying the foundations.

but still trying to find out why Sanaya chose this show on the first place... will be eager to hear her interview what she liked about this role anyway... Was she so desperate that didn't give much thought before signing it?? Frankly, I'm not finding this as a 'unique' role all.. Compared to Khushi, this role is so so so flat (completely my opinion friends, please don't BASH me..)!!! Such HUGE contrast it is !! I think I read you said that you've heard Sanaya's interview as to why she chose this role and she can say it better than anyone of us here. I'm surprised at you asking if Sanaya would sign without thinking because one quality of Sanaya's that has always come to the fore for me is her intelligence and after IPK how could she possibly be desperate when she was in demand.
Neither Khushi nor Chhanchhan are unique. characters The bubbly innocent small town girl who comes to the big city has been done a hundred times but what made Khushi 'unique' was Sanaya's portrayal of the role. Khushi was an in your face character so the impact came sooner but I'd say give Sanaya a chance to make the same impact with the more conservative (compared to KKG) ChhanChhan. The fact that there is a HUGE contrast in the roles...isn't that a good thing? I do disagree a little with you here as I don't think the contrast is that great but I can see Sanaya toning her natural bubbliness down a notch to differentiate between KKG and CC.

I know with time Manav-Chanchan chemistry will improve and many of us might be hooked to it.. but for me, the STORY plays the main role.. and so far there is no NOVELTY here.. I doubt there will be in future...
Tough Pull for Sanaya.. My Good Wishes with HER..
As far as the story is concerned the ChanMan chemistry is secondary. After the last two days episodes I hope that changes and the cv's will include it in the show because regardless as to what level FK's acting improves he knows how to do romance and there is a spark between Sanan even though they are standing a couple of feet apart. I used to think that story was king but after Sanaya's last show when I was totally hooked even after the actual story was long dead and buried I think a lot of factors matter.
A few people are talking about 'novelty' and I'm having a hard time understanding what they mean in context to this show. Isn't the whole concept of the Sarabhai family and the dogs novel? The way the follow up to the dowry issue was handled with the computer classes, wasn't that novel? True I haven't seen a lot of dramas but I've never seen a doggie birthday party before. The point is while the concept might not be new the executions and content do seem to be.
I will be watching CC till the last day because when Sanaya Irani comes on screen she just brings a smile to my face and it's never hard for me to watch her.

Word Count: 1

Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@TM

I respect your opinion...but the thing is whatever the reason for you not liking the show..be it no storyline or no uniqueness in the concept..i don't think you should be torturing yourself to watch it. This is entertainment after all no punishment that you should have to endure it. Many ppl are watching it for Sanaya but maybe watching her brings a smile on their face or they like her acting but that doesn't seem to be the case for you. You should not be obligated to watch it for her.

As an actress she knows what is the best for her career and she must have had her reasons to do the show...its her choice. Just like you may have your reasons to not like the show and not watch it...thats your choice.

Edited by capricorn2006 - 11 years ago
hi50 thumbnail

Thanks Jaya. ๐Ÿ˜Š..
I've responded all of your queries before already!!!
So not repeating ...
You'll find the answer if you follow the thread!!
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricorn2006

@TM

I respect your opinion...but the thing is whatever the reason for you not liking the show..be it no storyline or no uniqueness in the concept..i don't think you should be torturing yourself to watch it. This is entertainment after all no punishment that you should have to endure it. Many ppl are watching it for Sanaya but maybe watching her brings a smile on their face or they like her acting but that doesn't seem to be the case for you. You should not be obligated to watch it for her.

As an actress she knows what is the best for her career and she must have had her reasons to do the show...its her choice. Just like you may have your reasons to not like the show and not watch it...thats your choice.

Please see my previous comment... Same goes for you..
You'll find similar comments like yours in this thread and my responses there... So, not repeating!!