Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hi50 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Barun_Fever

I agree with you TM,as most of us I am also die hard IPK and SARUN fan.. I also started to watch CC just for Sanaya and I can understand why she picked ChanChan character wise,as she is todays girl not same as her last Character, but the the main story the clashes of saas bahu is too outdone and not appealing to me at all. so I agree with you on that part.
It was good decision on Sanayas part to not to do love story again right after IPK, as it was a hell of a show and the chemistry is unbeatable and not re creatable..it was like once in a lifetime jodi .

I like Sanayas character and her family but I also think Sanaya sometimes try too hard as Chanchan to look different than Khushi (characters portray wise) but I give her the benefit of doubt. Acting wise the way she played Khushi was perfect, In Chanchan I don't see her best performance, still room for improvement, but I think that would be PH and directors blame, as the show has poor execution.

the things that I HATE about CC is UB's family and three bahus and her behavior and I also hate it how they use Bollywood songs in chanchan and Manav scenes, it looks so tacky and cheesy..no originality. Sanayas last shows amazing background score and music played big part in the success of show and the chemistry..but I think only SP makes their show have unique music, Sony been always cheesy music wise :)

IMO, this show is not for everyone, IPk was the only show that I was hooked and loved, I know I am not gonna like any other show like that..and I am not a big fan of Indian dramas anyways, IPK was exception :), , so for me Chancahn is just tp kinda show not something that can make me crazy or makes me wait to watch the next episode..I still catch the show once in a while only for Sanaya and forward the bahu scenes :)

Thanks for your comment..
But if you read my post carefully, I wanted to highlight the story only that so far it looks like a saas-bahu drama.. I didn't mention anything about acting & stuffs..
tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hi50

Totally agree with you..
IN BOLD: That's what I wanted to highlight mentioned..
And here I'm getting some foolish comments from few people that 'this is not a love story... bla bla..."..

the basic story will be centered around UB and CC..and their clashes...
people are saying that its not a love story which is "foolish "according to you..since you highlighted its just another saas bahu drama(when the makers ensured to provide a saas bahu drama only in a light way)..and sanaya has chosen this role without thinking..(where sanaya herself and many people clarified why sanaya has chosen this role)
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

My serious suggestion to you ... stop watching the show for a while.

And no, I'm not saying it because you are being negative, or you're an Arshi fan so you won't enjoy it, or any of those reasons ... the thing is ... most Arshi fans, remember Arshi from their peak days, and everyone has forgotten that it took 3-4 months for IPK and Arshi to build up and become a craze. Somewhere when we all tuned in for Chhanchhan, we all expected that chemistry and that pull from day One ... That was never going to happen ... because almost no show has that pull from the beginning, it takes time to build up. IPK never had it either.
All IPK fans remember IPK through rose-tinted glasses, and have forgotten the crappy tracks and loopholes and bloopers ... the Arshi chemistry overshadowed everything. The Arshi chemistry also overshadows most other jodis on TV today, including those with good established actors ... we all still miss it, and somewhere we are all looking for a repeat of that chemistry in Sanaya and her new costar. But as even the cast and crew of IPK acknowledge, that chemistry happens once in a blue moon ... it's not going to happen again ... probably not even if BS/SI come together in another show.

And I think that is exactly the reason Sanaya has chosen this show ... from her interview that seems to be the case. Fans can live on repeats and uncuts ... but this is her livelihood, her job ... she cannot survive on memories of IPK, she has to earn her living here. For that the ghost of IPK has to be laid to rest. She wasn't desperate when she signed Chhanchhan ... far from it ... she had at least two firm offers in hand ... in her interview, she has clarified her reasons for taking this over the other one. Whether her decision was right or not, time will tell ... I think she will lose a lot of the IPK fans, but hopefully she will reach out to a wider audience to replace them.

So if you want to watch Sanaya ... watch Chhanchhan ... if it doesn't appeal, give it a break. Shows take time to build up ... come back after a couple of months and see where it is going ... the main story will start by then, and it will be clear whether it is a regular saas bahu show or something different. The main story has not started yet ... that was clear from Sanaya's interview.

I appreciate your comment!!
Yes, I agree the show is very new... probably needs time...

But you agree with me or NOT, the TRUTH is that all those PEOPLE who are posting negatively here, EVERYONE IS WATCHING THIS SHOW for SANAYA ONLY at this point... . And waiting for the STORY TO UNFOLD...

That's what I wanted to mention in the THREAD... No solid story line yet.. And yes, I'm also watching it for Sanaya at this point.. Hopefully there will be SOME story here in FUTURE..

And I BET that if Sanaya was not there, the thing would have been different for the show-makers... MANY of you GUYS would never have kept your patience for the story line to unfold.. That's why I mentioned that "It's a BIG PULL for Sanaya..."...
RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, guess what I am a big IPK fan too ( + a Sanaya fan).
For me the show works.
It has got this wonderful aura and variety of emotions like drama, comedy, romance.
Suitable for all age groups.

And Sanaya's made a great decision.
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiahalder

the basic story will be centered around UB and CC..and their clashes...
people are saying that its not a love story which is "foolish "according to you..since you highlighted its just another saas bahu drama(when the makers ensured to provide a saas bahu drama only in a light way)..and sanaya has chosen this role without thinking..(where sanaya herself and many people clarified why sanaya has chosen this role)

In BOLD: That's what it will be... A saas-bahu drama .. (I didn't get a chance to hear Sanaya's interview)..

And that's what I wanted to mention, no catch in the story line yet.. So far that's what they are portraying... Hopefully things will change in future and there will be a good story.. And I can remember few movies with similar story line like this before... The female lead gets high scope... So, yes, sanaya made the right choice... Because the story will be centered around her & her Saas..

And of course the comments that "this is not a love story".. is foolish.. because.. ARSHI was so unique and no one can ever take their place, so why I will expect that with these characters?? that's why I never mentioned anything about the leads.. I just complained about the storyline..
And as some people mentioned that it's still very new, needs some time.. So keeping my fingers crossed..

tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hi50

In BOLD: That's what it will be... A saas-bahu drama .. (I didn't get a chance to hear Sanaya's interview)..

And that's what I wanted to mention, no catch in the story line yet.. So far that's what they are portraying... Hopefully things will change in future and there will be a good story.. And I can remember few movies with similar story line like this before... The female lead gets high scope... So, yes, sanaya made the right choice... Because the story will be centered around her & her Saas..

And of course the comments that "this is not a love story".. is foolish.. because.. ARSHI was so unique and no one can ever take their place, so why I will expect that with these characters?? that's why I never mentioned anything about the leads.. I just complained about the storyline..
And as some people mentioned that it's still very new, needs some time.. So keeping my fingers crossed..

anyways to each his own..many people are liking it and many are not..for me every show has a theme and CC got its own theme too..and the story is progressing towards it..
"but still trying to find out why Sanaya chose this show on the first place... will be eager to hear her interview what she liked about this role anyway... Was she so desperate that didn't give much thought before signing it?? Frankly, I'm not finding this as a 'unique' role all.. Compared to Khushi, this role is so so so flat "

but since khushi's character was compared with ChhanChhan here ..IPK will definitely come in the discussion which had a complete different theme of a love-hate relationship
and regarding your notion of desperate sanaya i think you have already changed your mind..saying "sanaya made a right decision"
happy to see that..😊

hi50 thumbnail

anyways to each his own..many people are liking it and many are not..for me every show has a theme and CC got its own theme too..and the story is progressing towards it..
"but still trying to find out why Sanaya chose this show on the first place... will be eager to hear her interview what she liked about this role anyway... Was she so desperate that didn't give much thought before signing it?? Frankly, I'm not finding this as a 'unique' role all.. Compared to Khushi, this role is so so so flat "

but since khushi's character was compared with ChhanChhan here ..IPK will definitely come in the discussion which had a complete different theme of a love-hate relationship
and regarding your notion of desperate sanaya i think you have already changed your mind..saying "sanaya made a right decision"
happy to see that..😊

Thanks 😊..

Well, yes 😊, now I can see why she took this role (as I didn't get a chance her interviews).. this role going to get THE MOST attention in the serial.. as it's going to be a saas-bahu story.. So, yes, as an actress it's good for her to try something different and her role will be highlighted...

But that doesn't make her role UNIQUE .. and it doesn't change the fact that so far the story has no pull...

I have always a high hope on Sanaya... and expected that this role is going to be unique as Khushi & Gunjan... little different than normal... That's why wanted peoples view.. Looks like Sanaya is playing a NORMAL GIRL here.. and that's the difference here 😊..

hi50 thumbnail

i appreciate your opinions..
but i think the makers never said that this is going to be a love story or something..
UB and CC are the pivotal roles of this show..so indeed its going to be a saas bahu story but not like cliche ones where there is high voltage drama..lots of rona dhona and a suppressed wife to bear all tortures silently...!
i think people are having difficulty to watch this show because they already have some sets of expectations by mixing ChhanChhan with sanz previous show or chanman with arshi..
and i feel sanaya thought a lot before choosing this role..after doing 2 shows based on love story she is striving to give us something new..and ChhanChhan is a show which has got all the potential to appeal to younger generation as well as the TRP audiences..
i mean we already know sanaya excels in romance right..then where's the experimentation which every actors need to do to grow ..so i'm glad she did not choose yet another love story...
since the central theme is saas bahu this will attract TRP audiences with time and along with that ChhanChhan is hatke..since ChhanChhan's character is modern..her family is unique and modern as well..so a very wise move by sanaya i must say..
i'm not saying this as a fan of sanaya but as a viewer trying to be logical and keeping IPK out of my mind..

You explained very nicely here... 😊
Edited by hi50 - 11 years ago
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rocky22ars

if u dont like the show means ...y u come to the forum and make posts that can create differences..if u dont like to watch sanaya in chhanchhan its ok noo one is forcing u tooo...

but we sanaya fans can accept her in any role
the problem is that no one want to see sanaya in any role other than khushi
well its over now and get over it...sanaya is an actress ...she cannot just stick to one role just because the show was popular
she has to doo something different all the time and i cant agree with some post here as i found the show pretty good

My SINCERE request to you:

Please STAY away from my thread NEXT time...
Because you didn't understand it at all... And talking something else...

"I'm a Sanaya fan.. and that's why watching it... The story has no pull 'so far'... Her role is the prime, but not unique"... this is what I wanted to SAY...

So the answer would be: "She is trying a 'simple girl' here and the show is new, so it may need time..."

...Not the way you portrayed...

And many are watching it and liking the story just because of Sanaya is there !!
If it's a newcomer in her place, I would highly doubt that the viewer rate would be 10% of this !! After all, how many of you would have watched it for UB ?

So, you agree it or NOT at least at this point, Sanaya is pulling the show..
hi50 thumbnail

Originally posted by: geetmaanluv

i do agree withe the fact the story telling needs a punch .. its to simplistic n straight forward. which would be fine if it was really funny with its dialogues. which sadly it is not yet. sometimes there are good lines but till now the events are really predicable as per the storyline. we all know manav n cc will marry n perhaps then the story will start

they def need to work on content of the show. n give characters some depth. esp. manav who could have a better scope. they are mostly counting on sanaya's populartity they need to work on the story n screen play . if this is a mordern show .. then explore that more n show new things like dog bday n dating n courtship .. between chanman.

That's what I wanted to SAY..
Sanaya's presence is a BIG factor here... 😊

If there was a newcomer in her place, we can see the future of the show...