Posted: 11 years ago
At first I watched it only for Sanaya, but now i am started liking ChhanChhan
Edited by CrazyAmie - 11 years ago
shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: LuvuKhushi

maybe Sanaya had no option, so instead of going jobless she chose this

This isn't a good comment...well We all know how talented and popular Sanaya is so i don't think this is the reason for selecting CC. She has been offered to participate on JDJ too... so do you think no one else would have contacted her for shows??? i heard and read so many articles.

Will any Sanaya fan say like this????

Sanaya Irani had offered show for Life OK , Color & Star Plus but she selected Sony Show.

i m happy with her decision...

i enjoyed Chhan Chhan so much...

Edited by shonasandy - 11 years ago
AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
I find the character of Chhan Chhan so much cooler than Khushi, I don't know how it is "flat" from any angle lol. Her character is easily the highlight of this show and literally everyone who watches this show with an objective mind agrees. All the reviewers said the same thing so I know its not just the Sanaya fans who feel this way. I've noticed mostly "IPK fans" have a problem with it...no surprises there...if you want to watch the typical love-hate story, find another show because CLEARLY this is not the right show for you. Don't torture yourself here.

Anyways...getting back to the character...there was never a balance with Khushi...they made her OTT and too stupid and unrealistic to believe sometimes. On the other hand, Chhan Chhan is a modern, educated, sensible, carefree girl. I absolutely love her interaction with her family, especially her mom, we didn't see genuine scenes like that in IPK. I'm enjoying Sanaya in this role. More importantly, she is enjoying herself...that's why she chose to do this show over the others (for those who keep asking why, there's your answer). This character has all of Khushi's good qualities minus the bad ones (aka the OTTness) so its awesome.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hi50

Please please don't think this as a NEGATIVE post!!

I'm just wondering is it only me or someone else also thinking the same... !!
I'm a die-heart fan of ARSHI.. So started to watch this show just because of Sanaya..

But with the days passing by, I'm realizing that this is just another saas-bahu drama.. the story teller has nothing novel to convey.. Well UB has a big scope here that I can see..

but still trying to find out why Sanaya chose this show on the first place... will be eager to hear her interview what she liked about this role anyway... Was she so desperate that didn't give much thought before signing it?? Frankly, I'm not finding this as a 'unique' role all.. Compared to Khushi, this role is so so so flat (completely my opinion friends, please don't BASH me..)!!! Such HUGE contrast it is !!

I know with time Manav-Chanchan chemistry will improve and many of us might be hooked to it.. but for me, the STORY plays the main role.. and so far there is no NOVELTY here.. I doubt there will be in future...
Tough Pull for Sanaya.. My Good Wishes with HER..

My serious suggestion to you ... stop watching the show for a while.

And no, I'm not saying it because you are being negative, or you're an Arshi fan so you won't enjoy it, or any of those reasons ... the thing is ... most Arshi fans, remember Arshi from their peak days, and everyone has forgotten that it took 3-4 months for IPK and Arshi to build up and become a craze. Somewhere when we all tuned in for Chhanchhan, we all expected that chemistry and that pull from day One ... That was never going to happen ... because almost no show has that pull from the beginning, it takes time to build up. IPK never had it either.
All IPK fans remember IPK through rose-tinted glasses, and have forgotten the crappy tracks and loopholes and bloopers ... the Arshi chemistry overshadowed everything. The Arshi chemistry also overshadows most other jodis on TV today, including those with good established actors ... we all still miss it, and somewhere we are all looking for a repeat of that chemistry in Sanaya and her new costar. But as even the cast and crew of IPK acknowledge, that chemistry happens once in a blue moon ... it's not going to happen again ... probably not even if BS/SI come together in another show.

And I think that is exactly the reason Sanaya has chosen this show ... from her interview that seems to be the case. Fans can live on repeats and uncuts ... but this is her livelihood, her job ... she cannot survive on memories of IPK, she has to earn her living here. For that the ghost of IPK has to be laid to rest. She wasn't desperate when she signed Chhanchhan ... far from it ... she had at least two firm offers in hand ... in her interview, she has clarified her reasons for taking this over the other one. Whether her decision was right or not, time will tell ... I think she will lose a lot of the IPK fans, but hopefully she will reach out to a wider audience to replace them.

So if you want to watch Sanaya ... watch Chhanchhan ... if it doesn't appeal, give it a break. Shows take time to build up ... come back after a couple of months and see where it is going ... the main story will start by then, and it will be clear whether it is a regular saas bahu show or something different. The main story has not started yet ... that was clear from Sanaya's interview.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AyeReKhushi

I find the character of Chhan Chhan so much cooler than Khushi, I don't know how it is "flat" from any angle lol. Her character is easily the highlight of this show and literally everyone who watches this show with an objective mind agrees. All the reviewers said the same thing so I know its not just the Sanaya fans who feel this way. I've noticed mostly "IPK fans" have a problem with it...no surprises there...if you want to watch the typical love-hate story, find another show because CLEARLY this is not the right show for you. Don't torture yourself here.

Anyways...getting back to the character...there was never a balance with Khushi...they made her OTT and too stupid and unrealistic to believe sometimes. On the other hand, Chhan Chhan is a modern, educated, sensible, carefree girl. I absolutely love her interaction with her family, especially her mom, we didn't see genuine scenes like that in IPK. I'm enjoying Sanaya in this role. More importantly, she is enjoying herself...that's why she chose to do this show over the others (for those who keep asking why, there's your answer). This character has all of Khushi's good qualities minus the bad ones (aka the OTTness) so its awesome.

I have to agree with this completely ... In one short month, I am liking Chhanchhan's character much more than Khushi's. Like I said above, the IPK fans will have a problem with this show, because of the baggage of IPK ... consciously or unconsciously. I don't think the show perfect, the execution needs to improve a lot and so does the ML ... but it's entertaining and fun.

I can relate a lot to Chhanchhan's character ... I love the family interactions, the friends, the dogs ... there is a lot to enjoy in the show. And Sanaya is enjoying herself ... I can see from her interviews that she did have a problem with Khushi's OTT ... since that was the one part of Khushi that I really disliked, I am so happy that it will not be here in Chhanchhan. Chhanchhan will be a modern day Khushi, minus the OTT. That itself is good enough reason for me to watch the show.
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
if u dont like the show means ...y u come to the forum and make posts that can create differences..if u dont like to watch sanaya in chhanchhan its ok noo one is forcing u tooo...
but we sanaya fans can accept her in any role
the problem is that no one want to see sanaya in any role other than khushi
well its over now and get over it...sanaya is an actress ...she cannot just stick to one role just because the show was popular
she has to doo something different all the time and i cant agree with some post here as i found the show pretty good
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I just spoke to my mom in India and she watched CC today for first time, after hearing me sing praises of the show.

She has not watched IPk or MJHt and you know what she said...

"the story and scenes are so relaxing to watch, compared to all the shows out there. I love that girl, she looks so pretty and carries herself well and is a treat to watch. The boy looks cute. I will watch from now on"

So she does not have ipk or khushi to compare, so her opinion is very unbiased.

Sanaya did well in deciding this show from 2-3 offers she had. This will do good!
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SanayaIsBest

"the story and scenes are so relaxing to watch, compared to all the shows out there. I love that girl, she looks so pretty and carries herself well and is a treat to watch. The boy looks cute. I will watch from now on"

This is the reason I am watching even now.
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I think you should give the show a break and come back. I did that after Week 1 when I was disappointed. After I came back, I liked it better.. I don't know why, but everything seemed more settled. If you are still disappointed after your break, clearly the show is not working... for you at least 😆

I think Sanaya's decision being right or wrong, is not for us to decide. I guess she is a typical modern day woman who would rather work than dawdle and hold out for something which is not going to be much different from whatever opportunities are coming her way currently. Also, this is at least in the limited opportunities that desi tv offers, pushing the envelope a little bit. Potential-wise at least it is an interesting concept - an inter-generational conflict between two women who are very real. Yes, execution wise it may not deliver that promise, but that is a decision she will have to live with 😆

She could have done another love story but frankly she would have got far more criticism for refusing to get out of her comfort zone.
tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i appreciate your opinions..
but i think the makers never said that this is going to be a love story or something..
UB and CC are the pivotal roles of this show..so indeed its going to be a saas bahu story but not like cliche ones where there is high voltage drama..lots of rona dhona and a suppressed wife to bear all tortures silently...!
i think people are having difficulty to watch this show because they already have some sets of expectations by mixing ChhanChhan with sanz previous show or chanman with arshi..
and i feel sanaya thought a lot before choosing this role..after doing 2 shows based on love story she is striving to give us something new..and ChhanChhan is a show which has got all the potential to appeal to younger generation as well as the TRP audiences..
i mean we already know sanaya excels in romance right..then where's the experimentation which every actors need to do to grow ..so i'm glad she did not choose yet another love story...
since the central theme is saas bahu this will attract TRP audiences with time and along with that ChhanChhan is hatke..since ChhanChhan's character is modern..her family is unique and modern as well..so a very wise move by sanaya i must say..
i'm not saying this as a fan of sanaya but as a viewer trying to be logical and keeping IPK out of my mind..
Edited by tiahalder - 11 years ago