Sanaya-Noreen Interview - my thoughts

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
After listening to Sanaya's interview with Noreen, some thoughts ...

Sanaya is a very intelligent actress, and also a very practical girl, with her head firmly on her shoulders. She recognises completely the huge burden of her previous show and the iconic jodi, and knows that comparisons are inevitable and will keep coming for a long time. Hence her choice of new show ... as different as possible from the previous one. It won't end the comparisons, but will minimize them as far as possible. Also, the audience base will shift ... the love story audience is different from the family drama one.

Now on Chhanchhan ...
Sanaya made it clear this is the story of Chhanchhan and Uma Ben ... not Chhanchhan and Manav, not even ChanMan and Uma Ben ... it is about the two women, and how they deal with each other. Don't think Manav will have too much of a role, other than to romance Chhanchhan once in a while, and hopefully stand up for her occasionally. I hope he won't be a complete mamma's boy, though. But it looks like Chhanchhan will be more than capable of standing up for herself. πŸ˜ƒ

And the main story will start only after she enters the Borisagar household as the bahu. So the ChanMan love story, while it is cute, is only to set up the marriage and Chhanchhan's entry into the house. No wonder the ChanMan falling in love is smooth ... the main troubles will come only after marriage. πŸ˜›

Sanaya seems to adore Supriya already! Looking forward to more of their scenes when Chhanchhan gets married ... two excellent actors together ... they are really good to watch.

Sanaya said this show will leave you with a smile on your face. She's right ... now that the show is settling down, every episode leaves me smiling.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vanitha3d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
well said even i have the same openion it is not at all a love story but manav will support chhanchhan after marriage not at all a mamas boy post marriage like other serials and it will be more intresting to see UB and chhanchhan face to face . i like UB carrecter very good acting with humer in her dilougs.
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Completely agree Diya...as always Sanaya came across as honest, straightforward and very clear about what she wants to do.

I was very happy that she did not take up a love story after IPK. The comparisons would have been huge and that kind of a love story and chemistry comes once in a while. Even for her as an actress it was necessary to try something different. Whether she will be successful or not is a different thing but I applaud her for the conviction to try something different.

About Chhanchhan ,even in her last interview she said she know where it is heading and that is what she is looking forward to. The real story will start post- marriage.

She sounds so excited to be working with Supriya..they haven't had too many scenes together as yet but when it happens , I am sure it will be a treat to watch...looking forward to that.
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Love her honesty and intelligence!
bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Diya bang on , The more she talks i like her more
She is so clear and honest and open
Yeah she knows comparison and expectations will be there and love her for accepting it and clearing it And setting epectations right.

Hehe she comes on sbs or raio or tv i have that silly smile the girl is 200% fit to be in this industryπŸ‘

She is smart, practical, honest and intelligent and beautiful in and out

MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Agree with you dear bang on post..⭐️.. i agree i always keep telling folks that no point in comparing ipkknd and cc..both are poles apart..

After si int with nk i guess no one will do tht frm now on..

loved the way she cleared things..

as i say cc is s a story hw c will adjust in manavs house after marriage...and face the challenges gicven by ub...

looking fwd to story moving in cc..
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I admire Sanaya alot and even I'm glad she didn't take up another love story that chemistry she share with her previous Co-star comes once in awhile can't be recreate she's right the show is about Uma Ben/ChanChan mostly after marriage that's where the real story will start but I honestly do fell Manav have a strong role here as well because he will be stuck between two people he loves his wife & His mother I hope Farhan improves alot once the real story is here!

ChanChan isn't more than 1.5 year show though according to me because once CC gets married into UB family changes the rules story is over by then unless the PH comes up with alot of interesting tracks.

I pray this show is a big success for her sakes I trust her when she take this decision of course I would love to see her in another beautiful love story but whatever decision she takes I respect her for that and will continued to support her.
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
well said πŸ‘πŸΌ I agree 😊
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I am just looking for a chat mangni pat shaadi and move on to full-on family sitcomishdrama πŸ˜† Sitcom because it will be fun for us to watch and drama because one can't escape it anyway.
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
And I agree that SI sounds completely pragmatic and very together. Already everyone compares the show with her previous one. A love story would have just killed her with comparisons. Plus, I don't think any actor wants to get typecast, not consciously at any rate πŸ˜†

Also the truth is, in desi TV, the male characters are better written when it comes to love stories and almost all dramas have better written women characters and usually very poorly written male characters.