Set the Expectations Right

rima thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Breaking my sabbatical for this one post for Sanaya's show and her alone, because I see a lot of disappointments expressed...

Perhaps there is a set of audience who expected this show to be an intense romance with lots of focus on the romantic angle

The show never ever promised this

This is the expectation of some. Not wrong at all on their part. Nevertheless, it is an expectation that the makers had never set out to meet

From the beginning makers made it clear that the show was about the clash of ideologies between two strong women through which they will highlight social issues

Another set of audience wants a lot of emotional drama

Again this is not a wrong expectation

But again, the show never promised this angle also.

The makers always said it would be light and breezy

One more set is disappointed with the male lead

Again people have many expectations from him, and rightly so as he is the male lead

But fact remains that the makers selected him with a purpose

He was never going to steal the thunder from the two protagonists: Chanchan and Umaben

And it is not the fault of the Male lead that he is not being raved and ranted about

His role itself has been defined to be mild and sweet, which he is

This show is one of those things which makes you feel light at the end of a tense day

It is one of those shows which you can watch with your family (I don't know if the saas bahu angle will get into the tragic mode. If it does then defenitely I won't say this. Till now it is fun)

It is one of those shows that may not make your passions rage, but definitely puts your mind at ease

It is a show that may not make you brood and grieve, but puts a smile on your face and strives to keep the smile in place day after day

So if you set your expectations from the show

As per how the makers always envisioned it,

This show won't disappoint

In fact it will make you look forward to a new day...because you know at 9'0 clock , you can surely smile for a while, no matter what life gave you...
This is how I set my expectations and till now Chan Chan has not let me down even an iota
Edited by rima - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great post Rima... for me... watching san's smile at the end of a long day is a great stress reliever!
ipkknd-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great post rima and I totally agree 👏
SanzforSush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A much needed post! I m totally enjoying CC. I dont know what d fuss is all about! As u hv mentioned dis is a show dat can b watched wid ur family! I love CC n her cute doggies too!
Supriyaji is a gr8 actress, luv CC -UB scenes, Manav Himanshu scenes! D ML needs to improve but he is much better dan d initial epi! D show has hardly begun...why cant v just sit back n enjoy?
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Great Post 👍🏼 I agree 😊
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Great post, rima ... I agree, watching a light breezy show is just what the doctor ordered 😛 ... so far, I am enjoying the show ... Sanaya's smile alone is worth watching the show for!

Male lead could be better, but since I am not watching for him, I am not particularly bothered.
IPKKNDfan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
great post...
agreed with everything u said 👍🏼
bluesz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good post.Completely agree with u.This show is not a love story.Its mainly about clash between two characters CC and UB.Its a light hearted show.
shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
u r right...

I m enjoying this show so much...

enjoyed all scene from Chhan Chhan ...

[img]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554754_157095137790982_1514453614_n.png/img]
-Saba- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
most needed post at all...at this time..
great Post..👏