Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: rightknell11

CC has no originality, that is my point:

The three bahus are weak they have no tongue to utter the right words. Cliched. We have seen in a lot of other shows also. What is new?
Yes CC will be her bahu and she will not be a weak one. Cliched. We have seen in a lot of other shows also. What is new?
Very convenient plot. Manav UB's son. CC falls in love with Manav. UB and CC face-off. Cliched. We have seen in a lot of other shows also. What is new?
Well yes this is true that so far it is very early to say anything but this is as far as things can go.
Sanaya's star power is the only saving grace that too she is not as chulbuli as Khushi, CC has a more restrained approach.

What's wrong with cliched? The conceptualisation maybe cliched but as far as I can tell the execution is not. Indian TV shows very very rarely have original concepts so I'm not understanding why people expect Sanaya's show to have a different concept. In fact her last show had the most widely used concept of all time and not just in India but worldwide and for centuries but that didn't seem to bother anyone. In fact the only show I can think of right now which is somewhat different is Veera but even that concept isn't really new. Just out of curiosity do you know of any show currently on Indian TV that has a concept which has never been show before. I can't think of a single one but perhaps as you seem so focused on this point you can.
The more I think about it the less sense your question makes to me...why is there a need for the concept to be new? the important part is that the execution be different and that it most definitely is.
TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
500 episodes for a show that airs 4 days a week, is over two years of our lives.That is more than anything that most people can ever commit πŸ˜†

I am sorry to say this, but there is no "big deal" about Desi TV. Okay, Hindi TV shows I mean. And most of the male protagonists either are mamma's boys or have a sister affliction. That is how patriarchy rolls according to TV writers. The reel life boys are almost always obnoxious with the women they love but deeply in love with mom/mom-like person. Actually that is perhaps an accurate depiction of what happens in real life too πŸ˜‰

I have to disagree on UB coming across as all powerful. Yes, in her mind, she is. But she really is not. Having said that, she will win some and CC will win some. Until at some point they will both get to the same side. Nope, that is not original, but is an oft-used storytelling trope.

Sure, it can improve... tons, like most things in life πŸ˜†
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya100

What's wrong with cliched? The conceptualisation maybe cliched but as far as I can tell the execution is not. Indian TV shows very very rarely have original concepts so I'm not understanding why people expect Sanaya's show to have a different concept. In fact her last show had the most widely used concept of all time and not just in India but worldwide and for centuries but that didn't seem to bother anyone. In fact the only show I can think of right now which is somewhat different is Veera but even that concept isn't really new. Just out of curiosity do you know of any show currently on Indian TV that has a concept which has never been show before. I can't think of a single one but perhaps as you seem so focused on this point you can.

The more I think about it the less sense your question makes to me...why is there a need for the concept to be new? the important part is that the execution be different and that it most definitely is.

Well said!! Something I wanted to say!! πŸ˜†

Shreya
blah-blah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: newscomer2

the main problem is that u alll guys expect much...

while in the beginning itself producers said that its not a love story..it will discuss only social issues
sooo i knew there wont be much sooo called chemistry

mein ek baath pooch sakthi hoon?
aap log sirf lov story pasand kerte hain kya?
god get over it the show discuss more about dowery and todays women situation
for me i find it neccesaary for the society too discuss these major probs and i found cc as a great show

i dont know y this teens only like theses luv stories and chemistrys and they dont have the eyes too see the real message of the show

πŸ‘πŸΌ

Word Count: 0

blah-blah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

you laid down all the points correctly
and its 100%true !!!!!!!

WinterStar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
i think the plots are working slowly .. & it will be ok after sometime :) gv some time till they get on the correct path :)
sanaya_pari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

well said di... πŸ‘

sanaya_pari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tumbs up for chhanchhan from my side..n cc is not a weak character...just wait n watch..
Edited by sanaya_pari - 11 years ago
princessnk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
YEH APNA THUMB HUMKA DEDE GABBAR
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: princessnk

YEH APNA THUMB HUMKA DEDE GABBAR

Like your sense of humor and siggy! Which thumb do you want ladki - up wala ya down walaπŸ˜†