Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
@TM ... It's not hating ... Farhan is a newcomer and he is obviously more raw as compared to the very seasoned actors he is working with. Maybe comparisons would be less obvious if he was working with mediocre actors ... but in one month, all the actors have settled into their roles, Farhan still seems awkward in many scenes.

If he and the makers get the feedback, hopefully he will be more motivated to work harder and improve ... he is better than many newcomers in their first shows, but the problem is, he is not working with other newcomers, he is working with established and good actors, so comparisons are bound to happen. Even the guy playing Himanshu has been seven years in the industry, and the difference shows.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: jaya100

I appreciate Farhan for the huge amount of effort he is putting in and improvements that he has already shown in the span of 3 weeks. I do however wonder at the decision to use an actor with no TV experience opposite powerhouses of talent like Sanaya and Supriya in his first role but I'm sure the PH picked him for a reason. Everyone has to start somewhere but I would have thought it made more sense to start on the bottom rung and work your way up than start at the top and stumble. I think Sanan look very good together and I think FK is already good at the romantic 'stare' and quite honestly his adorable cute smile melts my heart but I do see him struggling particularly in his scenes with Sanaya. As a Sanaya fan and a supporter of her show I will support him as long as he is working hard but others are not going to be so accomadating. What of the general audience? If some non SI fan channel surfs and comes across a ChanMan or even a Manav scene are they likely to stop and watch or hit the remote?(This scenario is exactly how I saw and became addicted to Sanaya's last show).

I am all for giving FK a fair chance and I too get really irritated with all the negative topics about him but my main consideration is that this show should be a hit for Sanaya.

@bold ... my feelings exactly.

I became a fan of Sanaya's first show MJHT for the same reason ... saw a scene of her and Samrat, and was intrigued enough to tune into the show. But that was about four-five months into the show ... maybe I'm more impatient now πŸ˜›
yessehm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abbz

Just because if someone is critiquing Farhan's performance (as a viewer, we have that right) does not mean we are "bashers". Yes, when you start something new, it takes time BUT this doesn't mean that Farhan's acting should be this bad. I wasn't expecting an outstanding performance from him but at least a decent one. An actor is hired to ACT and in my opinion, whatever he is doing right now is not acting. The way he delivers his lines is my problem. I don't know him personally or as an individual. This critique is solely based on a viewer's perception of the show.

Totally agree. Well said. I wanted to write something similar.

Bottom line is Sony and PH have made the wrong choice. Its a tough world and if you don't shape up you shape out!!!

Good reply πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Pashna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it's stupidity not to criticize FK just becoz we love sanayaπŸ˜• he can effect the audience and they might reject the show. Not everyone is so crazy about sanaya and they might find the chanman Jodi boring. I myself being a huge sanaya fan want this pair to work but FK looks really armature I front of sanaya and supriya ji
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Just because if someone is critiquing Farhan's performance (as a viewer, we have that right) does not mean we are "bashers". Yes, when you start something new, it takes time BUT this doesn't mean that Farhan's acting should be this bad. I wasn't expecting an outstanding performance from him but at least a decent one. An actor is hired to ACT and in my opinion, whatever he is doing right now is not acting. The way he delivers his lines is my problem. I don't know him personally or as an individual. This critique is solely based on a viewer's perception of the show.

I understand what you're saying but he's trying!! It will take more time!! You know, in some places he's ok but other places not so much!! The scene the other day right after he saved CC and anarkali, he was actually decent there!! He needs to hold on to that!! The boy just really needs to relax and loosen up!! Rehearsing is good but he shouldn't over-rehearse!! Or else it won't feel very natural!!

Shreya
rikisdada thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree πŸ‘πŸΌ
i actually like him and I hope for the best for this show - seems so fresh and different
abbz thumbnail

Originally posted by: spate22

I understand what you're saying but he's trying!! It will take more time!! You know, in some places he's ok but other places not so much!! The scene the other day right after he saved CC and anarkali, he was actually decent there!! He needs to hold on to that!! The boy just really needs to relax and loosen up!! Rehearsing is good but he shouldn't over-rehearse!! Or else it won't feel very natural!!

Shreya

I'm sure he's trying but it is not coming across as a decent or even an okay performance to the viewers. Maybe acting just isn't his thing. I don't know why they didn't go with Varun Kapoor. Him and Sanaya would've looked cute together.
It seems to me that FK was selected due to politics behind the scenes bc I've given this guy a month and he just isn't a good actor. I also understand that CC isn't supposed to be a show driven by romance but that doesn't mean you just hire anyone as the male lead. What did the PH see when casting this guy? Please show us, we're dying to see it!
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: spate22

Shreya

I agree that post rescue scene was my favorite ChanMan scene and I think you may be right and that he is over rehearsing his scenes especially the ones with Sanaya...I think he may be in a catch22 situation here with feeling the need to rehearse more to improve yet the over rehearsal impeding the improvement. Poor guy have to appreciate him for trying though.
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Agree with you completely.

Why is it, when someone rightly expressing their disappointment at an actor's performance is called a hater/basher. Everyone knows what farhan is doing is not acting and those who favour him also can't say positive words about his acting apart from saying that he is improving . I agree that he is a new comer and he should be given the chance but how many newcomers were this bad , was sanaya his bad when she was a newcomer ???? and how long , the show is going to complete a month in a week's time but i see no improvement in his dialogue delivery.

It's the duty of PH/channel to make sure they cast someone who can act and fits the role and as a viewer i am free to express my disappointment. This is just my opinion and i don't expect others to agree with it.
khanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
give the guy a break remember we all were newcomers once