Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
You've hit the nail on the head...both parties are using their wits to battle each other and to attain their goal. The goal for CC being to help Purvi become self sufficient and for UB to soothe her bruised ego. I love the slight change the cv's have brought to UB's character. She was never black but she was a much darker shade of grey than she is now and the change has brought an intelligence to her character which makes her more enjoyable to watch. I love the manipulation factor in this show whether it's UB manipulating her bahu's using her husband;s name or Manav manipulating UB. The only thing I don't want is for CC to become white I want her to have a little grey in her too like she did in the mandir scene. A battle between two grey characters battling it out with their wits is far more interesting that a battle between black and white where white is always right.
Edited by jaya100 - 11 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: jaya100

You've hit the nail on the head...both parties are using their wits to battle each other and to attain their goal. The goal for CC being to help Purvi become self sufficient and for UB to soothe her bruised ego. I love the slight change the cv's have brought to UB's character. She was never black but she was a much darker shade of grey than she is now and the change has brought an intelligence to her character which makes her more enjoyable to watch. I love the manipulation factor in this show whether it's UB manipulating her bahu's using her husband;s name or Manav manipulating UB. The only thing I don't want is for CC to become white I want her to have a little grey in her too like she did in the mandir scene. A battle between two grey characters battling it out with their wits is far more interesting that a battle between black and white where white is always right.

Hi Jaya!! Nice to see your post!
I think CC has not yet figured out completely how vindictive Uma Ben can be ... or that she had made this into a personal vendetta against Purvi. So she was just trying to get Purvi sorted out, and counter Uma Ben's moves as best she can. By using the advertisement of Uma Ben, she actually carried the battle into the lion's den ... used her own weapons against her ... and emerged victorious. But it wasn't deliberately done to show down UB or any such thing ... that wasn't her aim. And I don't think it will ever be that.

What this might mean is that til now Uma Ben was targetting mainly Purvi. She recognised that Purvi was the weaker one, and her weak point was her under-confidence, and that was exactly where she attacked.
Now UB's guns are spiked ... and she cannot attack Purvi's computer classes at all. So this probably removes Purvi from the equation ... but CC is set up in UB's mind as the main adversary. And the battles ahead will be UB against CC ... and then CC might start getting a bit more deliberate in her moves. Which will be the interesting part to watch. Especially if CC realises how UB manipulates the family members against each other, and starts to tackle that ...

I think that is actually the main story. How UB rules the family by pitting them against each other ... they are actually a very disjointed family ...and how CC breaks that down, and makes them into a united family ...Not exactly Khubsoorat ... more like Bawarchi ... or a combination ...

lrlpam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
It would have been even more dhamakedaar had UB's DILs had heard her telling the mahila mandal abt allowing them to attend computer classes. The innocent DILs would have shown excitement in front of everyone n UB would have been stumped as she couldn't refuse them in front of other ladies :D
DiyaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: lrlpam

It would have been even more dhamakedaar had UB's DILs had heard her telling the mahila mandal abt allowing them to attend computer classes. The innocent DILs would have shown excitement in front of everyone n UB would have been stumped as she couldn't refuse them in front of other ladies :D

I know, that's exactly what I was thinking too!!! Maybe that will happen once Chhanchhan comes into the house ... she will trap Uma Ben in her own words ...

IPKKNDfan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i REALLY Enjoy Supriya ji s acting as much as SI s ...
would love to see more of their face 0ff !!
-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Diya๐Ÿค— ...thoroughly enjoyed Thurday's epi...a fab idea executed by Chhan Chhan...and the scene, where the bahu's get the snacks...and she hints no to them and they leave in a hurry was too good...

will be fun to watch next week..as UB gets some hints of a new girl in Manav's life

and Sanaya looked angelic in that white dress...well..every dress looks great on her..but the color white is just awesome!

P.S...glad I logged in on weekend and could catch your post๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by -Aps- - 11 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: IPKKNDfan4ever

i REALLY Enjoy Supriya ji s acting as much as SI s ...

would love to see more of their face 0ff !!

Supriya P is a FAB actress ... the nuances she gets into her expressions are amazing! I still remember her from a very old art film, Bazaar, with Farooque Sheiikh ... she was beautiful and heartbreaking in that. Even her short cameo in Masoom was good ... as was her more recent one in Wake Up, Sid ... I loved her in that. Beautifully written character, and beautifully played.

I want to see more of her face offs with Sanaya as well ... the two rock in their scenes together!!! I enjoy her scenes with her bahus also ... and her conversations with Himanshu are totally entertaining! The sheer disgust in her face ... and his cheerful unconcern ... ๐Ÿ˜†
DiyaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aps-

Yes Diya๐Ÿค— ...thoroughly enjoyed Thurday's epi...a fab idea executed by Chhan Chhan...and the scene, where the bahu's get the snacks...and she hints no to them and they leave in a hurry was too good...

will be fun to watch next week..as UB gets some hints of a new girl in Manav's life

and Sanaya looked angelic in that white dress...well..every dress looks great on her..but the color white is just awesome!

P.S...glad I logged in on weekend and could catch your post๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hey Appy ๐Ÿค— Missed you during the week!!! This week was pretty good, I thought ... the show is slowly falling into place ... Thursday was really good ... I have re-watched it so many times I've lost count ... UB's Mahila Mandal meeting ... ChanMan's phone convo, and their cafe 'date' ... loved Sanaya's expressions on the phone and in the coffee shop! She was fab ... and she looked completely STUNNING in that white dress!!!! Couldn't take my eyes off her!!!

Next week is going to be some dhamaka for sure ... UB getting suspicious? ๐Ÿ˜†
anamunir thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

^^ That's it ... it seems like it will be more like a battle of wits ... that makes it interesting ... today was really funny with the Mahila Mandal visit and how UB realised she was stuck ๐Ÿ˜† ... and then she promptly decided to make the best of the situation ...

Two sharp intelligent women fighting each other with their brains ... if they can do it well, it will be fun to watch. And the actresses are superb!

so true dear!!!!!
ummm yeah fr CC the winning thing means nothing she sets out to solve the probs n does it by hook or crook n without even misbehaving with UB!!!!
n the second thing she cares is nt to support nything wrong going on !!!!!!
nt being dumb n dunnuttering a word just coz someone elder is speaking or doing em!!!!
i'll love to watch more of that!!!!
golpokobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This duo is the highlight of the show..

I hope the makers maintain the witty and classy fight between them and don't turn this into mundane fights in the house on cooking or housekeeping issues, when CC enters her house as her bahu!