i used to watch Indian idol earlier..
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
sony is better than sp according to meπŸ˜‰
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Agreed. Sony shows might not be the TRP grabbers and their production values might not be like SP and Colors but contentwise there is more realism and more variety.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Agree, I've just started Sony for Chhanchhan, and I find myself enjoying the other shows there too. They are more urban and modern in feel and outlook, although the production values need improvement.

And I LOVE the DDLJ ad for Indian Idol πŸ˜†
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Agree, I've just started Sony for Chhanchhan, and I find myself enjoying the other shows there too. They are more urban and modern in feel and outlook, although the production values need improvement.

And I LOVE the DDLJ ad for Indian Idol πŸ˜†

Sanaya was absolutely right when she said that Sony appeals more to the urban audience. Although I don't understand the TRP thing (i doubt anybody does πŸ˜†) and don't think it really is a good indicator of how good a show is, I hope that the current digitalization phase where they are adding 30 + cities will help the Sony shows rake in better TRPs. Otherwise better content gets lost and the same recycled storylines rule the roost.

I have been a Sony viewer for many years...that was the only hindi channel i had here in US before IPK. Now with Chanchan I am back to Sony and i am glad. Infact I came to know recently that Ladies Special which aired on Sony a couple of years back was also by Optimystix. It was a very good show about 4 women who travel by local train in Mumbai and their lives...very real and brilliant acting. Ofcourse it met the same fate at the TRPs like other Sony shows. So did the YRF shows.

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
^^ The YRF shows were really good ... I wish YRF would get back to producing more of the same!!! I watched Kismet, it was based on Kane and Abel, and was a brilliant show!

I subscribed to Star Plus for KBC, and the same year it shifted to Sony πŸ˜• ... so I'm glad I'll be able to watch the next season of KBC too ...
misscrazyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I ACCEPT IT BECOZ IT HAS NOT ONLY DAILY SERIALS...ALSO HAS SOME REALITY SHOWS LIKE INDIAN IDOL,KBC,COMEDY CIRCUS,AND WEEKEND SHOWS LIKE CID,ADAALAT,CRIME PATROL...

EVEN IT TELECAST SOME GOOOD MOVIES IN THE WEEKEND,,

BUT TWO THINGS I AM UPSET IS CHAN CHAN IS NOT SHOWING FOR 5 DAYS A WEEK ,,,NOW THIS PROBLEM IS GONNA SOLVE IN FEW DAYS AS SANAYA CLARIFIED IT ON RAJ RADIO SHOW,,

THE OTHER ONE IS EVERY CHANNEL HAS OWN BRAND OF GIVING AWARDS TO THE ACTORS FOR THEIR EXCELLENCE IN ACTING AND HARD WORK..SONY CHANNEL HAS NOT ONE,,,I HOPE SO EVEN THIS TOO GET SOLED IN COMING DAYS COZ WE HAVE CHAN CHAN NOW..

AMAZING THING IS I GOT TO KNOW GLIMPSE OF BARUN FOR THE FIRST TIME ON;Y THROUGH BHPH SHOW ON SONY ONLY
anamunir thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yesss its quite gud to hear that about sony!!!!!
yeah exactly the tv channels can provide u with the options its people's own choice what to buy n what not to!!!
just look at the dhokla shows which share the same time slot as CC!!!!
seeing the bahu's bending their head n nt saying nuthing even when they see something wrong going around n they feed the viewers this crtap in disguise of the word respect!!!
i can never understand!! hw come being respectful has something to do with obeying the wrongful n supporting it i really those bahu's would go around with the scotch tape plastered on their mouths lol!!!!
our CC is super unique where CC can say no to the wrong n takes a stand against this!!!!
n she does that without even insulting nybody!!!
CC rocks!!!