Well guys here is a break down of TRPs.

On SP
Every single fiction show has fallen down by TRPs at the least by 0.2
They are SNS, YRK, Arjun, Veera - each 0.2 down
And the rest r down by 0.3 - specially the other 9 pm show
DABH, SC, EHM, PDH

On Sony
BALH - remains same

Amita ka Amit increased 0.1 - it was shadi week, the leads got married so this is seriously inadequate increase if u ask me for the week the leads of the show gets married

All other shows dropped by 0.1
Khoobsurat didn't drop further but it is just 0.5 anyway

On Zee
Pretty much every single show has fallen by 0.3 including their 9 pm show PR

On Colors
Every show fell by 0.2 or 0.3 only NBT & Sanskar static with 1.4 and 1.3

And every single one of these shows are older than CC. Shows that has had time to build loyal fan bases for the show.
Where CC is a brand new show only 3 weeks old and when DABH & Pavitra Rishta audience dropped by 0.3 each CC dropped by only 0.1

So i guess there is really no need to panic.. It is IPL and if it can sustain this much it would be fine specially with the way it has been same across practically every single show

So well don't be upset and let it ride IPL storm and then let it get steady as it builds a loyal audience..

Edited by princessunara - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bluesz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
U gave a very detailed analysis.How do u know all these stuffs..Do u watch all these shows.
I dont know anything about TRP.If I have time i watch it on TV.These days I am watching it only in online.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: bluesz

U gave a very detailed analysis.How do u know all these stuffs..Do u watch all these shows.
I dont know anything about TRP.If I have time i watch it on TV.These days I am watching it only in online.

link for statistics

I watch only CC as a habit
but Amit ka Amit comes b4 CC so i watch a bit of it too as i always sit in front of TV 5 mins b4 the show airs so i don't miss even a second of it
ipkkndlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice Analysis Sunara. I know its because of IPL and CC don't have loyal fans base yet n it would take time to create that fan base so hope after IPL ends the TRP increases. I watch CC on TV at 9 PM and I will not even let my brother watch IPL during that time. I have made deal with him😆 Infact Sony's other shows are also good. I like Amita ka Amit. I don't know why people watch some other crap if they have option of some good quality entertainment to watch.
SanzforSush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post! No need to panic...lets wait till d IPL gets over!
vanitha3d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
9pm is for chan chan in my house after that ipl for other family members.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: ipkkndlove

Nice Analysis Sunara. I know its because of IPL and CC don't have loyal fans base yet n it would take time to create that fan base so hope after IPL ends the TRP increases. I watch CC on TV at 9 PM and I will not even let my brother watch IPL during that time. I have made deal with him😆 Infact Sony's other shows are also good. I like Amita ka Amit. I don't know why people watch some other crap if they have option of some good quality entertainment to watch.

hehe thanks..
u made me laugh cz even i have a certain agreement signed with my brother about 9-9.30 and IPL and CC 😆 it is that i never touch the TV any other time and he makes himself scarce at 9 and do not ever ever bug me while CC is airing! works for me as i don't anyway watch anything else on TV😆

ooh Amita ka Amit is really nice n i try to catch a little of it b4 CC..😳
also Khoobsorat and Anamika ads b/w CC has made me real curious.. so i am gonna check them out online too one of these days.. seriously when u watch SP adverts u hardly feel intrigued or interested enough to watch a show as they r usually the typical loud dhokla making or weeping.. so i am getting very much attracted to Sony shows these days.. pity they don't have TRPs cz they r really nice shows, practically all of them!

anywy even i hope with content, SI's popularity would build it a loyal fanbase post IPL.. wishing the best for the show!! 😳
tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Good analysis..👍🏼
lets not judge the show on the basis of TRP for the time being since most of the daily soap is facing a downward trend ...the quality of episodes are steadily improving...and that's a good sign for all of us..
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Good analysis, Sunara ... I am not particularly bothered about TRP's for the moment ... every new show takes at least three months to pick up and the channel always gives them that much time and more ... on top of which, channels know IPL is driving down the TRP's across the board. So they will give Chhanchhan even longer ...

Since my favorite shows are never the top TRP shows - IPK was the only exception, and even that never managed to beat the dhokla shows 😛 ... I'm quite happy if CC just stays at decent TRP's after IPL ... enough for it to stay on air. High TRP's may come at the cost of it becoming typical saas bahu show, which I really don't want 😆

If you notice, Sony is now third among GEC's and is barely a few points behind Zee ... two months ago it was fourth by a big gap. And like you pointed out, the Sony shows have actually stayed the most stable or dropped the least ... of course, they have a lower baseline to start with 😛
blah-blah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
good analysis
anyway i am not taking TRP way too seriously
sanz's previous show had low TRP's for the 1st 4 months but then it picked up and became very popular
so lets wait for 2 months to see whether TRP picks up
morover IPL is going on and so all ppl will watch that