Sanaya's New Interview With Sabra's Radio With WU

ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
http://www.sabrasradio.com/res/audio/sanayaIrani_raj_16apr13.mp3

Sanaya's Interview Today With Raj Baddhan From Sabra's Radio😊

P.S. the interview is a bubbly one with quite alot of giggles etc and is very cute and sweet😊

Written Update

Raj introduces Sanaya as a huge star, someone who is a darling of the TV world, one of their favourites of the show aswell and a friend of the show too. We spoke to her last year too. Then he says hello and ask how she is and she says she's fine and asks him. He says they met last year during the SPL event in Birmingham and now since the last month she has gone live with her show Chhan Chhan which he congratulates her for getting.

Raj – How does it feel to be a part of Chhan Chhan then? As it is a change from IPKKND

Sanaya – Yes it is different from IPKKND, it is not a love story. It's a different story which is why I took it up. I intentionally wanted to do something different because you don't want to get into the same thing again as it gets boring for an actor. You want to do something different which is why I took up Chhan Chhan.

Raj – When you were offered the role of Chhan Chhan, what was it about the role that you really liked?

Sanaya – I like the fact that the character is very real and that she is a today's girl. I don't have to put that much effort to do anything as she is very real. Like Khushi in IPKKND, she was crazy and over the top so I had to make that effort to be over the top. With Chhan Chhan I'm just trying to keep it real, there is nothing crazy about her, there's nothing overly different about her, she's just a normal, contemporary girl. Its about how people say today's generation is very modern and they behave in a certain way, it is to show that yes we are young and the way we are but what we think isn't wrong or what we do is wrong and that's what I think they are trying to put across through Chhan Chhan.

Raj – What parts/characteristics of Chhan Chhan can you relate to? What is similar to the real Sanaya Irani?

Sanaya – A lot. She is a today's girl like I am. She was bought up in a very open-minded family the same way that I have. Im just trying to keep it as real as possible, not doing anything over the top, she's just a normal, simple girl.

Raj – Last time we spoke, we spoke about all the social networking sites, and with all the backlash of IPKKND going off air and you weren't so keen on going on social networking sites. Have you got any plans of going on any as there are so many fake accounts of you?

Sanaya – There are a lot of fake accounts, a lot of people have told me 'oh I thought you were on twitter, or we thought you were on facebook.' No I'm not on any and I don't think I ever will get onto any as I just don't have the time for it, or the energy for it.

Raj – That makes my job a little easier then. I announced the interview yesterday and since then sabhi deewana ho gaya hai (all have gone crazy after you). How do you think Chhan Chhan is shaping up for you?

Sanaya – It's shaping up good, I'm enjoying what I'm doing and I think that's the most important thing. As an actor we spend a lot of time on our sets and as an actor it's important to go to work and be happy there. It doesn't matter how well or not well the show does, you have to be happy with what you're doing and I'm very happy with what I'm doing and I think it's just going to get better.

Raj – Chhan Chhan launched really well but then the TRP's for the second week went down a little bit in terms of average but obviously it's still early days isn't it?

Sanaya – Yeah it did go down but I do think everyones TRP's went down as the IPL has started. Sony caters more to the urban audience I think and the TRP's aren't clear right now. From what I hear from people, a lot of people are watching the show so i am kind of surprised the TRP's have gone down but I'm just going to wait another month, month and a half until the IPL gets over and then see what happens with the ratings. But then for IPKKND for the first 3-4 months we didn't have good TRP's too and it was after that the show picked up and people started liking it so I hope it's the same for Chhan Chhan.

Raj – How is it working with Farhan Khan till now?

Sanaya – Well Farhan is relatively new, he's more in the learning process right now so it's okay working with him. It's obviously more fun to work with someone who is already an established actor or is an actor but Farhan is learning and I'm trying to help him as much as I can to make the process easier for him, so hopefully it should get better.

Raj – Sanaya I'm sure you have seen the reports earlier this week about Farhan Khan being replaced on the show, is there any truth in that?

Sanaya – I really don't know. These things are kept as the biggest secret from the actor. When a show starts, lots of things happen on the show, lots of problems and for the first 3 months lots of things get changed on the show. It's the learning process of the show and once you are on track everything is fine. I haven't heard anything about Farhan getting replaced so I'm not sure.

Raj – Which dogs are your favourite in Chhan Chhan as the dogs play a massive role in the show?

Sanaya – Awww, I can't choose one but yes I have two favourites. Anarkalli (Goldie) and Puch Puch.

Raj – And would you say there is any kind of difficulty working with the dogs?

Sanaya – I love dogs, I love Goldie, the Cocker Spaniel (Anarkalli) because I had a Cocker Spaniel so they are just crazy and the most loving breed I have ever come across. So I love shooting with Goldie (Anarkalli), complete riot, very hard to shoot with, very hard to calm him down but still a lot of fun. And the Shih Tzu (Puch Puch) is like a toy, no matter what you do with it, it will not do anything to you so it's fun and cute shooting with it.

Raj – Not only dogs but a snake aswell, how scared where you when you held the snake in your hand?

Sanaya – I was shit scared. I was so scared and that snake was hissing all over the place, and when I asked the person how long had you caught the snake for he said that he had caught it just three days back. I asked because it was attacking the actual person who bought the snake there. I just about managed to hold it and keep a smile on my face while shooting and holding it.

Raj – How different is it playing Chhan Chhan from all your previous roles so far?

Sanaya – It is different from the other characters but it's more real. I don't need to add anything different to the character, like normally it is a girl from a small town who is very simple and quiet but that's not how Sanaya is. So I have to put an effort in doing such roles like Gunjan who was very quiet and sweet. Then there was Khushi who was absolutely crazy and over the top but Chhan Chhan is a real, today's kind of girl. But I have to make sure that I don't cross the line and make Chhan Chhan look anything like Khushi so that's the effort I have to put into this character. As both characters were bubbly there's a really thin line between them and I have to make sure I don't cross it.

Raj - Chhan Chhan is a modern show so is there any type of track you would like the show to take in terms of storylines?

Sanaya – No I like the way the show is going and I know where the show is going to go too so I'm aware of that and I like where it is going to go to. I just hope it's executed as beautifully as it was written. So I hope the execution follows the narration and it will be a great show.

Raj – Is it nervous to be working with Supriya Ma'am as she is so senior?

Sanaya – Oh no she is so wonderful. I have so much fun doing scenes with her because firstly she is a good actor and when you have a good actor in a scene with you, it makes you want to do better. I love my scenes with her, she is 100% perfect and fabulous and I wasn't even 1% nervous around her.

Raj – When you first started Chhan Chhan, like you first start school you get all nervous etc, where you like that with the first time with IPKKND?

Sanaya – Yes I think that happens with every show. With IPKKND it did happen too. I remember for the first 10 days I would cry after pack up as I would think I could never do that role because it was very hard for me. With Chhan Chhan, every day after pack up I just think how can I not make this look like Khushi. As an actor you have to make people fall in love with your character and I want people to fall in love with Chhan Chhan now. I want people to call me Chhan Chhan now and not Khushi.

Raj mentions a fan who has been following Sanaya since Radha Ki Betiyaan and Sanaya thanks her and gives a little shout out and says she hopes she is getting better with every show and just keep watching.

Raj – How would the love story develop? And Purvi needs to start fighting her own battles rather than depending on Chhan Chhan.

Sanaya – That is Purvi's character, she's not really the fighter and I think we come across a lot of people like that. I have friends who are the same and keep quiet and say forget it but then you have people like Chhan Chhan like me Sanaya and i would be like no we need to do something about it. I believe that in life there is right and there is wrong and it doesn't matter if it's your mother/father, right is right and wrong is wrong. Just because they are your parents and are older than you doesn't mean that they can never be wrong.

Raj – Do you get more time off the show to spend time with family/friends as the show only airs 4 times a week instead of 5 like IPKKND?

Sanaya – No I am not because when a show is new it takes up a lot of time as everything is shot much slower than normal. We spend more time on each scene and if you give somebody more time then they will take more time. And I have heard that it will go 5 times a week so when that happens it will just get worse.

Raj – Have you been keeping in touch with Barun as his film projects 22 yards is going to be his forthcoming film and the other (Main Aur Mr Right)?

Sanaya – I have been in touch with Barun but we really don't discuss work when we all meet. I've been in touch with the entire IPKKND team and we meet very often but the last thing we discuss is work. We are just happy to see each other.

Raj – Do you ever get time to see these tweets or facebook messages and accounts that people send and talk about you?

Sanaya – No as I really don't get the time but I do get to know of it from people like you (Raj) and there are many more people like you who keep me informed. And it's really sweet that I have so many people out there who appreciate my work and watch my show and I just hope I make them enjoy watching Chhan Chhan as much as I made them enjoy watching IPKKND.

Raj – One thing of Chhan Chhan's character that you love the most, and one thing that you would change?

Sanaya – What I love most is that she is very real and very close to what I am because I love myself. There's nothing I would like to change about Chhan Chhan but there is things that I would like to change about Sanaya. I would love to be a calmer person, I get too hyper sometimes and I would like to snap less sometimes.

Raj – Everytime I interview you, I love your interviewing skills because you are so like me, vibrant and so loud and I love it.

Sanaya – I am too loud and I would like to change that. Sometimes when I'm doing a scene my director tells me you are really loud and you don't need to shout in the scene and I'm like 'No Sir that is just me' but I'm going to try and keep it down.

Raj – There has been a lot of rumours about you doing Jhalak Dikhla Ja, is it true?

Sanaya – I was offered Jhalak and I would love to do Jhalak but unfortunately I cannot do it as shooting for Chhan Chhan is very hectic. I love to dance and I took this decision consciously as Iwhen I do Jhalak, I want to do it right. I will only get one chance to do it in my life, you can't do it twice so I want to do it right when I do it. I want to have enough time to do it and I want to enjoy what I do and I don't think shooting for 12 hours during the day and rehearsing 8 hours at night will leave me with any energy to do what I am doing right now. I hope in the future I am offered Jhalak again and Chhan Chhan has just started and it would be unfair of me not to give my 100% to the show and try to divide my time between two shows. If Jhalak comes to me next year, hopefully Chhan Chhan will be a settled show and I will have more time.

Raj – Sanaya when are you coming back to the UK, any plans?

Sanaya – Call me and I'll come. You need to tell Sony to get me there.

Raj – I will definitely speak to Sony about getting you here, don't worry about that. It's been lovely chatting you Sanaya thank you very much for your time.

Sanaya – Thank you so much and all the best.

Edited by ayshaomar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

your welcome😊
golpokobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Can anyone post written update of the interview?
riya_sanaya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Tfs...lovely n lively interview 😊
bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Tfs, sanaya you r simply superb
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Thank you so much ... really wanted to hear the intv ... πŸ˜ƒ
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank u for the link dear !! So happy to hear Barbie doll's chit chat !! Sooo cute :))
bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sanaya thanks forclearing on jdj, love your professionalism andbeing so open and clear bout it

Tx, again
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ayshaomar

http://www.sabrasradio.com/res/audio/sanayaIrani_raj_16apr13.mp3

Sanaya's Interview Today With Raj Baddhan From Sabra's Radio😊

TFs dear..pl post Wu of the int...πŸ˜›
ipkkndlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow what a lovely interview!!!!!! I always love Sanaya's interview. Its always to the point. TFS