Should I go for Sanaya? Suggest Karo!

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Okay now here's my dilemma. Drish told me about this play organized in Dubai. I had heard about it some time ago and I thought the entire cast of IPK will be in it. SI has made me do a lot of things that I would not imagine myself doing such as calling up a celebrity.. I thought it was sooo stupid but I did it when she appeared in NK's show. Spending months to prepare an IF Bday thread... I would not imagine doing this in my wildest dreams but I did it!!! Commenting on her IF profile, etc, etc... So I thought I would go attend her show too (secretly of course..!!)

Now it happens however that SI is not in the play - at least she's not on the poster!

I called up the organizer and she apparently still had plenty of tickets. I asked her if Sanaya was going to be in it... She said she'll send the details to my email and I should then get back to her. My guess is she's not though...

My guess is that the play itself is nothing spectacular cuz the venue happens to be an Indian High School. Usually well-known plays are performed in proper theaters. More importantly, I am super busy these days... And since SI wasn't going to come, I obviously threw away the thought of going to the play.

But now I am thinking if I go, I can hopefully manage to meet someone from the cast of IPK and send messages and stuff to Sanaya.. nahi?

Do you think it's worth it... suggest karnay ka padi tumko!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rinkyc thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hmmm..I think u should go...
sanja_here thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Even I would have gone if sanz was der...!!!but i guess if u want u can send gifts to sanz via another cast...and i agree this show will b average or may b below average...
Oyster thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanja_here

Even I would have gone if sanz was der...!!!but i guess if u want u can send gifts to sanz via another cast...and i agree this show will b average or may b below average...

Oh toh you live in Dubai too? Chalo now that I know someone out there who can go but is not going like me makes me feel much better about not wanting to go.. the thing is I have major major submissions this week and next week.. had it been mid may, it would have been no problem.. and sending stuff to sanaya would be the sole reason I'd go.. but then I m like I can send whatever I want through mail too.. Wassup TV would even give us a segment on it... Now my mind is 75% don't go..
Perspectives. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey I live in UAE too but I never saw the ad! Came in the newspaper? And almost the entire cast is there! Barun too? How come no one here knows considering how crazy my friends here are!

Answering your question: If you wanna meet the others, you can go..a chance to meet them all together doesn't always come. But if its for San, I don't think she would be coming..so no point!

P.S. Aren't programmes in IHS always something good?
Oyster thumbnail

Originally posted by: deereyedgal504

Hey I live in UAE too but I never saw the ad! Came in the newspaper? And almost the entire cast is there! Barun too? How come no one here knows considering how crazy my friends here are!

Answering your question: If you wanna meet the others, you can go..a chance to meet them all together doesn't always come. But if its for San, I don't think she would be coming..so no point!

P.S. Aren't programmes in IHS always something good?

I always knew IPK was not as big in UAE as it is in India. I have not heard a single person talk about the show with the kind of craze I have seen on IF.. I was actually surprised when I saw the UK response. So I would have been surprised if this play was announced in the local newspaper. You can see the poster I have posted above to check out the actors.. They include both Barun Sobti and Akshay Dogra.

Yeah you're right.. since my purpose would be to meet SI, I have no reason to make the effort and attend the play.

Well I have never attended anything by Indian High School. I know though that they are quite active in organizing small-scale Desi shows and activities. But obviously not large-scale ones like the recent Sonu Nigam concert. As for this play in particular, I thought it's not that big cuz well-promoted plays are always performed in Madinat Jumeriah. Recently, they had a number of Shakespearen plays by different theater groups from the UK help in MJ. And those plays were well-advertised in both local newspapers and Radio... so keeping that in view, I guessed that this play was not that big of a deal..

Here's what the info the organizer emailed me in case you're interested:

Event Name : Do Fool Chaar Mali

Date : Saturday, 20th April 2013

Venue: Sheikh Rashid Auditorium, Indian High School

Tickets Price: Aed.300/-, 200/-, 100/- & 50/-

Contact 055-4945439 for tickets
Edited by Oyster - 11 years ago
prachi1516 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
ya you should go n meet akshay n barun n tell them to convey ur msg to sanz
Perspectives. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well many people here in AUH are crazy about it..girls from my class talked about it non-stop and even many aunties are huge Khushi-fanatics! Obviously it isn't as crazy as its on IF, but nonetheless it was there.

Sonu Nigam was a huge one and I didn't expect IHS to hold it but I agree with what you said regarding the advertising Thanks for the info,though. I wont be able to make it..busy this weekend+ I went to IHS just last week to write an exam..damn! that place just made me so jealous of its students..the school's pretty cool for UAE standards.
Arshig8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
If you are IPK fan you should go, if you are only Sanaya's fan if she is not participating in this play there is no point in going ..
sanja_here thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
As u have major things to do this week...i would suggest dnt go...like u said earlier u can send ur gifts via wassup!!so my suggestion is skip it unless u want to meet other ipk cast!!n lets hope sanz will come here once...so that we both can meet her