CC's influence on Manav

Poojaa_P thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Okay i'm ready to receive any free chappals and tomato's thrown at me.. 😆 but I couldn't stop myself from writing this.
I actually like Manav's character... (please refrain from discussing who plays the role is suitable or not)
Manav's character is very happy go lucky type and always seems like a total romantic type once he falls in love.. what he's displayed so far is natural I would say, because no one behaves in the same way everyday, reason being situations change causing people to react differently throughtout their life, so personally I feel his character is closer to reality than those of angry young man heros. (no offence to anyone who like angry attitude guys, not to mention, they will always be my favourites too but I think there needs to be a change). His character is flexible and has different shades which gives good entertainment value.
And now CC has entered his life, though she is not completely involved or connected to him, but one thing is definite, she will have a good influence on Manav's life. From being a immature, irresponsible, to a certain extent stubborn and indifferent person, he will reform into a more compassionate, caring and responsible individual. And for that day I cannot wait.
Obviously these kind of transformation are long term and takes time but he has the capability to present himself as a mature person but also fun-loving at the same time, no doubt he is a good hearted person right now but those changes will make him have the "better personality" as a whole. And of course only CC has the ability and skills to train and influence him, because she is the best she can. UB won't like this at all but what needs to be done will be done without UB's permission or not. Got to be done.
I didn't want to discuss much about UB creating problems while manav reforming under influence of CC because I think I don't have the brains to analyse the complexity in detail.
Anyway sorry for long boring post, it was just a thought that needed to be written down or god knows what would have happened to me.
I tend to go all crazy. and I still don't know why i'm making this long post even longer by writing my crap.
so yeah you guys are also free to express your views 😳
Edited by Poojaa_P - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Well written post...and let me add my two cents on this.

The character of Manav is well written. The traits of the character namely being laid back, carefree, immature, even to a point of being (irresponsible - due to leaving the dog alone with CC) is very realistic, and a refreshing change from the grey characters (too many of them around and they all seem to be carved out from the same stone...LOL)

The fact that these following two situations very clearly define the boy still being treated as a kid by his parents.

One wherein Mr. Borasagar says that three of his sons have the same right as their mother in any say in the business. Here Manav's name was left out...

And yesterday again Umaben mentions 3 sons. Whereas they are four boys.

So for the parents the boy hasnt grown up yet (or the mother has just not treated him as an adult)...and let him shoulder some responsibility. She had still kept him tied to her pallu.

There are loads of mothers who do that to their ladla sons in reality...and believe only marriage will change them...

It is the woman in his life namely ChhanChhan who will change all that...and I strongly believe Manav father's will be the one who thinks that CC is the best thing that could have happened to his son...

She is the one who will bring that change in his life...just like you have said so...

One thing about Manav's character stands out is that he is a good human being...this is portrayed through the relationship he shares with his not so rich friend Himanshu.

Therefore all whose who think CC is about just a saas-bahu thing...it isnt...there is a lot more to CC than meets the eye...its about two different families, bringing up their kids in their own ways, about setting boundaries for our children, what communication means in a family, values and traditions, societal issues and how families deal with them, love and romance, friendships, etc etc...

CC is not grey, or black or white, its colourful...its beautiful...just like life is...

Gosh I could make a post on it...

Once again well said...

Hanalita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great post and i totally agree with you.
I like manav's character too he is like a fresh breath to me.
KeyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Even I cannot wait for the romance to start!!!!!!
SanzforSush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely post! Yes, Manav's character is very natural! Waiting for d romance to begin 😉
Nichuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddFan2012

Therefore all whose who think CC is about just a saas-bahu thing...it isnt...there is a lot more to CC than meets the eye...its about two different families, bringing up their kids in their own ways, about setting boundaries for our children, what communication means in a family, values and traditions, societal issues and how families deal with them, love and romance, friendships, etc etc...

CC is not grey, or black or white, its colourful...its beautiful...just like life is...

Once again well said...

agreeing ur post
Poojaa_P thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddFan2012

Well written post...and let me add my two cents on this.

The character of Manav is well written. The traits of the character namely being laid back, carefree, immature, even to a point of being (irresponsible - due to leaving the dog alone with CC) is very realistic, and a
refreshing change from the grey characters (too many of them around and they all seem to be carved out from the same stone...LOL)

YES, its strange.. how you have to dig so deep to bring the good in the grey heros..and by the time they turn .. its "THE END" of serial. 😆

The fact that these following two situations very clearly define the boy still being treated as a kid by his parents.

One wherein Mr. Borasagar says that three of his sons have the same right as their mother in any say in the business. Here Manav's name was left out...

And yesterday again Umaben mentions 3 sons. Whereas they are four boys.

So for the parents the boy hasnt grown up yet (or the mother has just not treated him as an adult)...and let him shoulder some responsibility. She had still kept him tied to her pallu. 😆 he will always be a kid for her.

Exactly, you are right. good observations! Even i noticed that, but im kinda glad she doesn't treat him as a adult, because then i can't imagine what their house. would be like.. it would be so dull, black and white.

There are loads of mothers who do that to their ladla sons in reality...and believe only marriage will change them...

It is the woman in his life namely ChhanChhan who will change all that...and I strongly believe Manav father's will be the one who thinks that CC is the best thing that could have happened to his son...

yes me too think that Manav's dad is not as strict as his UB. I would like to see his father demanding CC in the house and overrule UB's decision. .. wishful thinking of mine.

She is the one who will bring that change in his life...just like you have said so...

One thing about Manav's character stands out is that he is a good human being...this is portrayed through the relationship he shares with his not so rich friend Himanshu.

I loveee their friendship. It's too cute, i was going to include it in this post but i could write a whole new post on it so will save it for later, but thank you for pointing that out.

Well said ! 👏

aww, i like that saying of yours. i might steal it sometimes 😆

haha you sure can. Will look forward to your posts. 😳 Thank you for the wonderful reply.

Once again well said...

Edited by Poojaa_P - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I understand the need to give Manav a character that CC will help evolve but I'm not crazy about it. I think initially I didn't like the immaturity because I was expecting (and looking forward to) a laid back fun loving character. Manav gets upset too easily to be laid back. I get that he's the youngest but most 24-25+ (my assumption) are generally working and not sitting at home throwing a ball with their friends or playing video games.
I'm not sure I agree that his character is well written, if your friend became unconcious would you call for help or call someone to yell at them for poisoning and attempted poisoning.
I'm loving the show but Manav is the only character that I'm having a really hard time in understanding... and to mu mind that's really unfortunate because Farhan really needs a strong character to be able to hope to stand up to Sanaya and Supriyaji. I'm so glad he's not the angry young man but I do want him to be a man and not a kid, so I hope you're right and this is all part of the plan in the evolution of Manav Borasagar.
Poojaa_P thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya100

I understand the need to give Manav a character that CC will help evolve but I'm not crazy about it. I think initially I didn't like the immaturity because I was expecting (and looking forward to) a laid back fun loving character. Manav gets upset too easily to be laid back. I get that he's the youngest but most 24-25+ (my assumption) are generally working and not sitting at home throwing a ball with their friends or playing video games.

I'm not sure I agree that his character is well written, if your friend became unconcious would you call for help or call someone to yell at them for poisoning and attempted poisoning.
I'm loving the show but Manav is the only character that I'm having a really hard time in understanding... and to mu mind that's really unfortunate because Farhan really needs a strong character to be able to hope to stand up to Sanaya and Supriyaji. I'm so glad he's not the angry young man but I do want him to be a man and not a kid, so I hope you're right and this is all part of the plan in the evolution of Manav Borasagar.

I agree with you to a certain extent, like the fact he sits there playing video games and having fun all the time, i too wondered whether he goes to office?
and where he called CC instead of helping his friend, you're right he shouldn't have done that.. but the way i understood that scene was.. that he worried and didn't know what to do.. this happens when you care too much about someone, you can't think straight.. of course its not justifiable but i guess it was a scene that was needed from CVs point of view.
I hope as the story progresses you would start seeing the fun-loving character of Manav you're searching for. 😳

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jaya100

Jaya to some extent TV characters are shown as extreme ones - May it be grey, dark horses, or happy-go-lucky ones eg Manav. I am sure there is the Coming of Age of Manav where he will be shown to be a man and stand up for CC and for what is right...Like Aamir says "I Hope" (fingers crossed) 😉