New Article On Chhan Chhan

Silver_Stack thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Gujarat: Land of telly tales

Apr 07, 2013 - Suparna Sharma

A still from Chhanchhan'Asian Age

I don't believe in fasting-shasting. But starting tomorrow I am going to keep Jai Santoshi Ma's vrat till Ma gives me darshan and some answers. I have pledged that I am going to go to the temple every evening and ghanti baja-baja ke I'm going to ask, "Khush toh bahut hogi tum ke hot n' happening Shivji ko finally abandon kar ke main aapke paas aayi hoon? So, Ma, meri pyari Ambe, Jagdambe Ma, stop smiling and tell me ki kyu aaj-kal mein jahan dekhti hoon,mujhe Gujarati hi Gujarati nazar aate hain?"

Hamare desh mein different-different, strange-strange cultures, sartorial traditions hain, region-specific regressive paramparas hain, har class and caste ke apne-apne special-special bigoted vichar hain. Hain na? Then why, Ma, why are our television people after the poor Gujaratis?
They gave us best-se-best businessmen. And unhon-ne hamein bhujia di, Gandhiji, Godra and Gurberg diya, aur country ka best chief minister bhi.
Sirf chief minister nahin hain Modiji. Woh toh chamatkari hain. Every morning, Modiji har ministry mein prakat hote hain, and each and every file clear karte hain. Astra-shastra uthaye bina hi woh state ka every little se little programme-pogram supervise kar sakte hain.
But, Ma, I have not come to you bhuki-pyaasi to discuss politics. I have come to seek Gujaratiyon ke liye insaf.
First Ektaji's many tortures, then Saath Nibhana Sathiya (Star), and nowChhanchhan (Sony). This new show is named after its heroine, who is named after the sound her payal would make when she was a child. (Ma, an aside.Agar ladka paida hota toh kya yeh log fart sound pe uska nam rakhte? Phusphus? Phatphat? Poon?)
Anyway, this Chhanchhan is all grown up and in true Priya Tendulkar "Rajni" style, takes out morchas and launches into bhashans every time she spies some wrongdoing. Till now the fount of all wrongdoing is one stern home-maker, Uma-ben.
Played by one of the most underrated actresses of our times, Supriya Pathak, Uma-ben is being shown as one large evil woman. Ok, so she bribes a pandit, is pro-dahej and, to protect her honour and izzat, extracts revenge. But Ma, kya yeh Gujarat specific problems hai? Nahin na?
The serial will proceed as all such serials do ' Uma-ben will do mean things, and Chhanchhan will humiliate her. But since Chhanchhan's doggie, Mogambo, has already bitten off a piece of Uma-ben's son's buttocks, Cupidji will soon be ticking both their young-young behinds.
This will first make Uma-ben want to slit her wrists. But being a true telly evil lady, she will realise that she will have more power over Chhanchhan if she becomes her saas. Which she will, and then Uma-ben will make Chhanchhan's life hell, and Chhanchhan will try to kill Uma-ben with herpravachan. And so this will go on, with more evil people joining the ranks, the husband eventually becoming insignificant, till saas and bahu become so obsessed with each other that you wish they had just married each other.
But then, sawal uthenge. Who will keep karva chauth for whom? And who will bring a glass of milk for whom on suhag raat?
Gujarat has given us many questions. Will it finally give us some answers?

Source: the Asian age

Link: http://www.asianage.com/tv/gujarat-land-telly-tales-721

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
This was written by a woman?!!😲 I thought it was written by some immature person!! πŸ˜†

Shreya
Silver_Stack thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
@shreya:

Even i thought so πŸ˜†...
She criticized CC a way too muchπŸ˜”...
Edited by hyd285 - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wow, what is this? Is it review, a preview or a rant on a fictional show being based on a gujarati family? Really don't understand what this article is trying to convey it seems as though the writer was told to write something and connect it to CC. She started off on the greatness of the Gujarati culture and ended up on her perceived predictability of the CC storyline???

@TM thanks for sharing.
ankitamishra201 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i think she has never seen a single episode of ths show n presumed dat its a typical saas bahu show ...plzz dear go n watch the show ...being a women u'll surely understand its not a typical saas bahu drama were a girl is protesting against wrong doing of the society ...here she is helping her frnd not teching stuff to whole society ...here she is just voicing her thoughts not imposing dem on nyone ...she is saying i m not going to do dis if u want to do u can ...for me dis is right n i have the right to live in dis way ...if u think its not good u go on ur way i hav no prob ...
she is not der to change the society ...she is showing a set of girls who have some thought of der own , who dose not care abt society n live life d way dey want to ...n living in dat way dosent make dem characterless or nontraditional

get ur facts clear dear u r a journalist u should actually understand d plot ...dis is d basic sense needed in a journalist to be one ...n i think u r lacking in dat
Edited by ankitamishra201 - 11 years ago
blah-blah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hyd285

Gujarat: Land of telly tales

Apr 07, 2013 - Suparna Sharma

A still from Chhanchhan'Asian Age

First Ektaji's many tortures, then Saath Nibhana Sathiya (Star), and nowChhanchhan (Sony). This new show is named after its heroine, who is named after the sound her payal would make when she was a child. (Ma, an aside.Agar ladka paida hota toh kya yeh log fart sound pe uska nam rakhte? Phusphus? Phatphat? Poon?)
Anyway, this Chhanchhan is all grown up and in true Priya Tendulkar "Rajni" style, takes out morchas and launches into bhashans every time she spies some wrongdoing. Till now the fount of all wrongdoing is one stern home-maker, Uma-ben.
Played by one of the most underrated actresses of our times, Supriya Pathak, Uma-ben is being shown as one large evil woman. Ok, so she bribes a pandit, is pro-dahej and, to protect her honour and izzat, extracts revenge. But Ma, kya yeh Gujarat specific problems hai? Nahin na?
The serial will proceed as all such serials do ' Uma-ben will do mean things, and Chhanchhan will humiliate her. But since Chhanchhan's doggie, Mogambo, has already bitten off a piece of Uma-ben's son's buttocks, Cupidji will soon be ticking both their young-young behinds.
This will first make Uma-ben want to slit her wrists. But being a true telly evil lady, she will realise that she will have more power over Chhanchhan if she becomes her saas. Which she will, and then Uma-ben will make Chhanchhan's life hell, and Chhanchhan will try to kill Uma-ben with herpravachan. And so this will go on, with more evil people joining the ranks, the husband eventually becoming insignificant, till saas and bahu become so obsessed with each other that you wish they had just married each other.
But then, sawal uthenge. Who will keep karva chauth for whom? And who will bring a glass of milk for whom on suhag raat?
Gujarat has given us many questions. Will it finally give us some answers?

Source: the Asian age

Link: http://www.asianage.com/tv/gujarat-land-telly-tales-721

not only CC but SNS also is set in a gujarati background
and all those that are marked in pink are the characterisics of a typical saas bahu show
and for the writer's kind information this is not just a saas bahu show
it has all elements like mother-daughter relationship, friendship, love, and saas bahu relations.It also criticises the social evils
😊
and for writing an article about a show one should understand the themes of the show, what message is it trying to convey to the readers , its moral value and everything else

the writer is just guessing a lame future track for the show

goguma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
today is totally my confusion day..

there is a topic abt doggies names and now
someone is complaining to 'Ma' abt chhan chhan... πŸ˜•
who is Ma?

@TM... tfs

i've read some of the responses...so Ma refers to DM...
Edited by goguma - 11 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
wait a second what did i read? a rant to devi mayya? i thought that was Khushi's job!! and anyway Khushi's rants were much clearer and devi mayya didn't need a dictionary to figure out what she was trying to say!! πŸ˜†

anyway considering CC herself is Gujarati i wonder how the show is only about what she has sort of predicted..

i think she has watched too much of SNS and then decided to apply it to Chhan Chhan and see how it would look like!! πŸ˜†

Lady (i doubt.. but anyway) first get ur facts straight and most importantly first watch the episodes urself instead of trying to scourge info from random places and try to patch them up and make a distorted picture and then write articles on it!!

weird article.. just ended up confusing me big time!! πŸ€ͺ
Edited by princessunara - 11 years ago
Aphrodite88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing Preeti
this article made me relaxed after a stressful day

i am laughing my heads off at this amateur writer

what the crap did i just read...i dont understand!

can someone please ask her to watch the show first before writing a rant as a review

sheesh! too many confusion πŸ˜†

and what exactly will she do if the stroyline does not flow the way she predicted it to be

too many astrologers trolling around!bas!
Edited by Aphrodite88 - 11 years ago
soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
what is this?😲I laughed a lot when i read it.but who keep such kind of journalist.πŸ˜†