Frequent Posters

shillu.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
wooow luna really aweosme topic dear😊

yup u r 100% rt dear

n yup every woman should inspire frm chanchan

she is totally right

n I love her the way she deal every matter in very matured way..

Edited by shillu.arshi - 11 years ago
Hakim2185 thumbnail
I like how they actually had a constructive and practical solution by running IT classes. It was not all talk. But have to agree I am kinda missing the ott dialogues and background dramatic music lolπŸ˜‰
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: shillu.arshi

wooow luna really aweosme topic dear😊

yup u r 100% rt dear

n yup every woman should inspire frm chanchan

she is totally right

n I love her the way she deal every matter in very matured way..

thanks dear

Chanchan is showing how to use the guts in a proper way.. which many modern age women are lacking of ..
GodhuliLogon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hakim2185

I like how they actually had a constructive and practical solution by running IT classes. It was not all talk. But have to agree I am kinda missing the ott dialogues and background dramatic music lolπŸ˜‰

Yeah, this is shown in a very realistic way .. with some little help and proper determination women can go far .. really they are not using any OTTness here .. the full IT class topic was handled very properly..

( ha ha u better miss that πŸ˜‰)
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
What ChhanChan did was very realistic- it might seem like a drastic step, but what else could she do? A lady as steeped in her bigoted values as Umaben was not going to be moved by emotional bhashans or any argument on social evils. Because she doesn't consider it an evil. There's only so much that you can try to explain to a person, if they're unreceptive, no matter what you do, they'll never see things from your perspective. So CC did the next best thing- left her to herself and went ahead and helped her friend find independence. As for it being unreal- haven't you heard of real life stories where brides whose in-laws demanded extra cash called police to their wedding mandap? Or that case which was highlighted in SatyaMev Jayate, where the bride and her bro secretly recorded the groom's family making exorbitant demands on them, then they released it in press, and within 2 days the girl got a proposal from her present hubby. I was seriously so impressed by her and her brother's courage. Yes, there is uncertainty with regard to your future at that moment of time, but there's the certainty that you will at least not be married in to a family that only sees you as a cash cow. And whatever is done in defense of human dignity will always yield positive results.
GodhuliLogon thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

What ChhanChan did was very realistic- it might seem like a drastic step, but what else could she do? A lady as steeped in her bigoted values as Umaben was not going to be moved by emotional bhashans or any argument on social evils. Because she doesn't consider it an evil. There's only so much that you can try to explain to a person, if they're unreceptive, no matter what you do, they'll never see things from your perspective. So CC did the next best thing- left her to herself and went ahead and helped her friend find independence. As for it being unreal- haven't you heard of real life stories where brides whose in-laws demanded extra cash called police to their wedding mandap? Or that case which was highlighted in SatyaMev Jayate, where the bride and her bro secretly recorded the groom's family making exorbitant demands on them, then they released it in press, and within 2 days the girl got a proposal from her present hubby. I was seriously so impressed by her and her brother's courage. Yes, there is uncertainty with regard to your future at that moment of time, but there's the certainty that you will at least not be married in to a family that only sees you as a cash cow. And whatever is done in defense of human dignity will always yield positive results.

wow .. thanks for this detailed views .. and I remember that example also ..

Yeah I really loved this computer center bit .. and the way it has been executed is awesome .. it seemed realistic. ..
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Depends on how a person defines Modern Women.
According to me it's not the beauty, attire, dialect, profession, club memberships, social service etc which make a women modern. It's all in the thinking.

What CC represents to a huge extent is that "Modernizing our thinking doesn't mean shedding away of traditions" which I agree with. It's about differentiating between right and wrong. Culture/Traditions differ from person to person, state to state, religion to religion. Some people misinterpret and adopt wrong practices and label them as culture. Some people label culture as religion, to back up their wrong practices, it's all a confused concept in the minds of people. Particularly in the case of Dowry, which CC oh-so-amazingly portrayed. Applauds.

I Love the portrayal of all female characters in the show, they have different shades and do seem realistic.
Chanchan - bold yet well-mannered, I like the way she has put across her point of view without offending UmaBen or anyone in particular, she has her set of beliefs which she safeguards, she will express her opinion to make the other person understand, not offend or put down. Whether the person accepts it or rejects it, she continues on her path.
In real life Often when the young has an opinion and the elders reject it, it sends one backtracking or leaves them confused, that's not the case with CC, it shows that there is a lot of strength in her character. She has a good degree of maturity of thought in her. CC also has self-esteem, a quality lacking in most of Indian TV female leads. CC represents the modern women in a dignified way and i love that about her.

Reminded of the quote :
Maturity is recognizing your limitations
but not allowing them to limit your aspirations.

Purvi- I was deeply moved by her dialogue, when on the brink of her wedding falling to pieces, she confessed that she knew she had no extra-ordinary talent. Her low self-confidence came to the fore as she mentioned her struggles through school life, without the protective shade of her mother, Purvi grew up with a low self-esteem, she probably never had anyone to make her realize her true value. CC and her friends have been with her, but despite that, a person has a personal space in their hearts where only they dwell, this was Purvi's corner, which we saw in that emotional moment of her's. I fell in love with her then and there. I wanted to call out to her, Girl You Are Amazing ! She had won me over the very moment when she stopped mid-way in the ritual and demanded to speak to her dad. Very few can do that.

Simple- She represents the innocence who although aware of the realities of life, takes life just like her name, Simple. Guess that's why they named her such, there aren't any/much layers to her character. She is a next door girl, who is kind and generous <3 Which mind you, are very precious qualities for one to possess :)

UmaBen- The strict orthodox elder lady, who having her set of thoughts, also likes to exercise power. We see such women, who like everything to work the way they like it. The path maybe plain or crooked they achieve what they want, but like every person in this world no one is painted black or white, she is a Grey character, who is very much real. UB is the Queen of her house, rightly so, her kids are her nation, for whom she has a soft corner, and her Husband is her charming King. So one can't really Hate her, but one can't even like her. Guess we all Love her !

Chhanchan's Mom - She is the 'dream mom'. One who loves and loves. She doesn't pressurize her kids into things like CC into cooking, she hears them out, she supports them, she guides them, she helps them. She welcomes your friends like they are her own kids. The only surprising point is that she doesn't mind the career choices her kids have made Added that she is a professsor herself. Maybe my thinking just doesn't match with her, but this depicts CC's mom being a little too carefree regarding her kids. Career choice is important, and lets be honest- CC, Rugwed and um i forgot her name, the sister have quite hatke occupations.

GodhuliLogon thumbnail
@wandmaker ..

such a brilliant post πŸ‘

in real Iife i also thought modern thinking means the real modernization..

but alas in some parts of society if you are not dressed in modern attire or dont follow the trends you are not modern girl .. :) ( i experienced that )

I love how you pointed out the traits of modernization in these characters .. I would say Bingo !

I could relate myself to purvi a lot .. like not special in any-case but has a good heart a simple wish and hope of her own..

I think if manav's sis get married to CC family and vice versa then we will got see the contrast of two saas.. :)
Your post could have been a separate post dear ..😳

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: GodhuliLogon

@wandmaker ..

such a brilliant post πŸ‘

in real Iife i also thought modern thinking means the real modernization..

but alas in some parts of society if you are not dressed in modern attire or dont follow the trends you are not modern girl .. :) ( i experienced that )

I love how you pointed out the traits of modernization in these characters .. I would say Bingo !

I could relate myself to purvi a lot .. like not special in any-case but has a good heart a simple wish and hope of her own..

I think if manav's sis get married to CC family and vice versa then we will got see the contrast of two saas.. :)
Your post could have been a separate post dear ..😳

Thank You dear πŸ€— I love writing but these days i am quite busy with exams approaching, was going through forum posts, this thread had my patience tested, couldn't hold back from posting anymore πŸ˜† 😳

I would say it's everywhere, follow the fashion trends and you are modern, It's all a label, if that's called being modern would rather be fine with not being one πŸ˜†

About Purvi, I feel that's what makes her special. Every person is special <3

Manav's sis in Sarabhai family and CC in Umaben's- I would say Bring It On ! :D

About the post being a separate thread firstly isn't your topic about the same? :) It doesn't matter if you haven't worded it, you have asked for people's opinion on it, and i would say it's perfect ! The title aptly encompasses the subject <3

and anyway my post was unplanned, i just kept writing πŸ˜†

anamunir thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just read si's new interview n realized hw insanely contamporary cc is!!!
i adore hr character alot!!!
she truly portrays the modren gal awesomely!!!