ChanChan a portrayal of Modern-age Women

GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
ChanChan a right portrayal of Modern-age Women?

First of all, ChanChan is a progressive show. After 8 episodes we have seen a perfect contrast of an modern progressive family (chanchan's) and a semi-mediveal semi-regressive family(manav's).
This contrast is highlighted through the beautiful portrayal of the characters Chanchan and Uma ben.

Last episode, they showed us how CC strongly supported purvi by giving that special ad in newspaper. Very few women could come up with this clean but strong answer to Umaben's unjustifed demand of mafinama. No OTT melodrama no exhausted dialogues but a quick and very apt step was taken by CC and Purvi.

This stood out as a very unique turn of events in the episodes of CC.

So far we have seen Chanchan's portrayal of modern era's woman through her profession, her thoughts, and her stances in daily lives.

How far do you think this reflected the real picture of the society and how much the show is successful in showing this and which parts shined through ?
Lets discuss of this throughout the week.. :) 😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GeoS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
For me ChanChan is all about two intelligent woman : ChanChan & Umaben.
We can see this from their naturality and cleverness and that makes ChanChan Modern.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Wonderful topic!! 👍🏼

will get back to it in a bit! 😳
Edited by princessunara - 11 years ago
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

GodhuliLogon thumbnail

Originally posted by: gpkp

For me ChanChan is all about two intelligent woman : ChanChan & Umaben.
We can see this from their naturality and cleverness and that makes ChanChan Modern.

thanks..

A very unique way to see this.. yeah really Chanchan is intelligent enough and it showed nicely specially in the case of newspaper ad ... on the other hand uma ben seemed quite intelligent while she was dealing with her elder bohu .. the way she made her understand that it was not she but the FIL was that demanding of pallu.. that time first i thought She is not as usual Saas.
GodhuliLogon thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
A very good topic for discussion -

Its hunky dory in the show but in real life when the youth actually wanna do something in those lines the elders actually refute doing it.
The elders prefer going the gheesa peeta method which is go with the flow of the society. Many a times the elders make it feel as if the youth is doing the wrong thing by hiding their own errors.

Chhan Chhan's family might definitely agree to something like that but then the fear is also engraved that will they get a suitable match too ? In the show its all fixed but in real life everything second is unpredictable.

I feel on the entertainment level its all fine but when such circumstances happen in real life then its a delicate step to take unless the family really does not mind society at large. I would not mind doing what Chhan Chhan did but that might lead to extreme situations too right ?

GodhuliLogon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Senorita Sanaya

A very good topic for discussion -

Its hunky dory in the show but in real life when the youth actually wanna do something in those lines the elders actually refute doing it.
The elders prefer going the gheesa peeta method which is go with the flow of the society. Many a times the elders make it feel as if the youth is doing the wrong thing by hiding their own errors.

Chhan Chhan's family might definitely agree to something like that but then the fear is also engraved that will they get a suitable match too ? In the show its all fixed but in real life everything second is unpredictable.

I feel on the entertainment level its all fine but when such circumstances happen in real life then its a delicate step to take unless the family really does not mind society at large. I would not mind doing what Chhan Chhan did but that might lead to extreme situations too right ?

thanks..

I agree with you @blue

But yet CC gave an hope to this era's woman .. sometimes we also can act like that ..
-Birdy- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think the character of Chanchan represent today's women morals..we r new generation but we know our roots...
we believe in change..change for a better world...where women's r not dominated
GodhuliLogon thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Birdy-

I think the character of Chanchan represent today's women morals..we r new generation but we know our roots...
we believe in change..change for a better world...where women's r not dominated

awesome point of view ..

Yes .. Chanchan show may show the modern age women's moral and their strong stances in life .. (hopefully the show can execute it through SI ) ..