Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Not Gujju but can't stop myself from replying. I've never lived in India but seeing the way cousins over there dress I would say that no one in any decent sized Indian town or city dresses according to state traditions, especially in the younger generation. All my cousins wear jeans and T-shirts as everyday wear and suits according to the latest fashion. The idea of CC's dress is that she has mixed indian and Western clothing and come up with a style that she likes...again this reflects her personality in being an independent free thinking girl of today's times. As for the saris I know even if I were to wear a gujarati design sari I would still probably wear it with the pallu in the back rather than the front.
I love torans and jhulas which are traditionally associated with gujarati homes so does that mean I can't have them in my western home which has a mix of my punjabi culture and western taste.
If the setting for this show was a small gujarati village then I could understand where you are coming from but social bounderies are blurring in every cullture and this is reflected as reality in this show.
Shreeswathy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ChhanChhan and her family are with modern outlook...
so disagrees with your point...

I am not a Gujarati.
But no where in India, especially in rural areas, people follows traditional dresses today..
They can be seen only in festive season...

neesha111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescent

<font color="#0099ff">I can't really comment on the surroundings because I don't really know but don't you think you arecontradictingyourself regarding the clothes?</font>

<font color="#0099ff">On one hand you are saying the clothes are not traditionally gujrati but on the other, you are saying not all in Gujrat wear gujju looking clothes all the time.</font>

No I m not co radicti g myself. What I m trying to say is , they try to make clothe city style and then add Gujarati touch in weird places that it ends up bei v neithe gujju nor trendy clothes.
neesha111 thumbnail
If I had seen chanchan with jeans with bandhani murti instead of that small koti/vest she wears I can totally take it. I think I did not explain my self well . They messed up her costumes trying to make it trendy but then make it gujju. There are many other trendy city style gujju clothing.
Lechocolat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Im not gujarati but I'm sure you must be right. It's the "modernized" gujarati family hahaha.
neesha111 thumbnail
See example of trendy gujju dress
http://www.highheelconfidential.com/deepika-padukone-love-aaj-kal-kurtas-shoppers-stop/
MadhuO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
I like ChhanChhan's clothes. The bolero vests are adorable. After I saw ChhanChhann's 1st episode and the vest she wore; I took an old saree from my mother and had a couple of vests made for me.
.Chashmish. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you completely ! 😃 It all seems so forced. I live in the same city they are showing and I swear I have never seen anyone in such kinda clothes 😕
Edited by Mohit-deewani - 11 years ago
dare.devil thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well i think you all are misintrepreting what she is trying to say.

i think what neesha (TM) is trying to say is that instead of showing chanchan in either modern dressing or traditional dressing, they are mixing it up but in a very bad combination...

They are TRYING way too hard to show her and her family as Gujju. It's like to all the non-residents of India, i am sure you have come across some people (Indians in particular) who try too hard to appear Whites or Americans either with their behaviour or dressing.

basically if chanchan is modern, its completely fine, but why add random stuff around to make it look gujju.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: neesha111

If I had seen chanchan with jeans with bandhani murti instead of that small koti/vest she wears I can totally take it. I think I did not explain my self well . They messed up her costumes trying to make it trendy but then make it gujju. There are many other trendy city style gujju clothing.

the thing is i myself am not Gujju, though i like wearing Gujju style sari for special functions more than any other dress code.. anyway the point is i am not familiar with the other traditional Gujju dressing sense..
So for me the blend of traditional stuff and western clothes Chhan Chhan wears look cute and an extension of her own personality.. they are bright and cheerful.. has a mix from every thing..
it is what they showed in the 2nd rangoli promo.. she respects and follow her traditions, her roots thus she makes the rangoli.. But as she is a today's girl she doesn't know how to make those designs and most likely doesn't have the time nor patience to do so.. thus she is using a stencil and making the designs in the rangoli.. a modern short cut to attain a traditional finish..
i see the same thing in her clothes:-)