The Gujju culture in surrounding

neesha111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Let me start with this that I m a gujju. Settled in us a for many years but I grew up in Gujarat first 23 yrs .

Surrounding seems forced gujju kind. None of the saris look gujju though make them were gujju style sari . Sanya's dressing is hopeless. No one wears 'koto ' the way sonata is shown - the whole dress is non gujju (purple- yday) bug just adding koti does not make it gujju.
Same for red dress today, just having work on sleeves does not make it gujju. And not all wear gujju looking clothes in Gujarat all the time .

Ghar Decor is too heavy on gujju stuff without proper planning, it is like they saw something which feels gujju, let's put it on set.

Any gujju here for thoughts
Edited by neesha111 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
They Are Showing Sanaya As Today's Girl . Does Gujju Girls Wear Pure Gujrati Clothes Every Singe Day Or Style? 😳
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Agree..am from UP but wear casual jeans-top.
Girls these days wear traditional clothes only on special occasions :)
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I can't really comment on the surroundings because I don't really know but don't you think you are contradicting yourself regarding the clothes?

On one hand you are saying the clothes are not traditionally gujrati but on the other, you are saying not all in Gujrat wear gujju looking clothes all the time.

SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Chhanchhan is a city girl😳
Arshig8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
People are changing, I am a South Indian girl, do you think , I will wear all the time half saree .. Or lehenga , I will wear only for some festivals and good occasions, other wise I prefer western cloths.. Tough Chanchan is gujju girl, she is living in city and modern surroundings..
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sanaya character is a city girl you can't expect her to dress in those clothes for now atleast.
jalkukdi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Well I am gujju I have been living in NYC for the last 15 years also came to New York when I was 26, but I disagree with you totally I used to wear jeans and t-shirts and dresses in India Gujarat specifically, after living in USA for the last 15 years I have noticed that most gujjus who have migrated here are more traditional than the gujjus living in Indai.
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: *Sanz*

They Are Showing Sanaya As Today's Girl . Does Gujju Girls Wear Pure Gujrati Clothes Every Singe Day Or Style? 😳

exactly..😕

Word Count: 1

bolt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

...And...so what?

Changing world, contemporary liberal family living in a City...liberal in dressing, thoughts and surroundings...doesn't have to be one or the other. Actually I prefer that it is appealing and different. Not stuck to one or the other.
Sanaya's wardrobe is impeccable...traditional & modern blend and suits her well.