Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: nottie

hey there,priyanka,wow wonderful post,m so glad u liking the show, i know that ur a genuine SI fan,n m happy the genuine ones like the show also apart from just watching it for sanaya...

i really like all chhanchhan scenes,with uma ben, family and friends.. i like manav with his friend scenes and also with his mom, and ofcourse simple and himanshu scenes are also quiet natural...

Aww thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it because you're a genuine fan too. I know we all want to like the show for Sanaya's sake so I'm glad to see the show is improving with each episode.
AmazingAmy thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricorn2006

Nice post Priyanka ! Glad to know you are feeling better about the show.

I think everyone had a lot of expectations from the show in the first week...now it has kind of settled down. Many people have now realized this is a totally different genre from Sanaya's previous show and have altered their expectations accordingly. This show will appeal more to the mainstream TRP audience than the online and international viewers.

It did seem that the PH was trying too hard in the first week probably trying to match up to the huge buzz the show had created. Many people felt that they should have established the character sketches and their interactions in the first week instead of jumping into the Chanchan- Umaben confrontation right away. But I feel that with IPL starting this week they wanted to establish the dynamics between the 2 main characters before settling into a more light hearted approach. I hope the PH retains the simple and effective storytelling which has been their forte in their previous shows and don't get bogged down with expectations.

For me the positives so far have been Chanchan's characterization and ofcourse Sanaya - hope they keep her realistic and not make her too preachy .I really liked Chanchan's family especially her mom and their interactions. Sanaya already has great chemistry with the actress playing her mom.

Some of the friends scenes from the first week looked too forced ...its good that now they are just showing Purvi and Simple..they are much better than the other friends.

While Supriya is a wonderful actress, I was a little disappointed with Umaben's characterization. I was hoping for a clash of ideologies rather than evil saas- good bahu kind of story. The 3 DILs also looked cliched. But I am keeping my faith in the PH and Sanaya- Supriya combo and will wait and see how the characters are shown when the actual story starts.

Farhan looked nervous and trying too hard in the first week. But his expressions in some scenes were good. I think he will get better. More than Farhan, I was disappointed with Manav or rather the writing...he came across as dimwit and insensitive rather than happy- go-lucky with his response to the marriage being called off.

I am watching the show for now and while it is not addictive, its definitely entertaining. Thats what most of the TRP audience looks for in a show.

Shalini, great post hun...loved reading your thoughts, they match mine as always πŸ€— You nailed it about the high expectations for this show and the PH trying too hard to match it. They should stick to what they're good at doing and that will bring in good TRPs. Having a talented actress like Sanaya on the project is a bonus but it shouldn't stray from their storytelling. I loved her chemistry with both her parents, especially her mom, I hope they maintain it even after she gets married. As for Manav, I also think his characterization needs to be better for him to look and act sharp.
P.S. I'll be replying to your PM soon, just fell behind a little due to work 😳
AmazingAmy thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya100

Lovely post and I'm glad people are starting to warm to the show. I love the relaxed laid back attitude of the Sarabhai household...cool Mom and even cooler Dadi and the dogs!!!!!

My disaapointment in UB's characterisation (but not Supriyaji's portrayal) stemmed from the Khoobsurat rumors which made me believe she would be a strict disciplarian but morally correct. I think though that would not have worked in TV straight away. CC is not going to be the typical bending over backwards bahu (I hope) so I guess UB has to be a darker shade of grey in the beginning especially as Manav is also a laid back character. Farhan definitely was much much better today and seemed more comfortable in his role. Perhaps he too wasn't comfortable with the way Manav was portrayed in the marriage breaking dialogue. Btw much prefer the clean shaven Farhan then the bearded one from last week. Would like to see him with a light stubble too.I'm loving the Himanshu-Simple angle too, it's so cute.
Not seeing Sanaya in almost every single scene made me realise just how hard she worked in her last show...I was kinda missing her until I realised that this is what normal is...everyone not just the leads get dialogues and screen space.
This is definitely not a groundbreaking intense show (as of now) but I actually don't think you have to have lower your expectations to enjoy it but just have different expectations.

Thanks Jaya, lovely post by you too! Yes we were all spoiled by seeing Sanaya in every scene in the last show. Of course Sanaya is the central character on this show so she will get priority and the most scenes but it is very balanced with side actors getting screen time as well. I prefer this over the former any day because we don't want anyone getting overworked or disgruntled and the show suffering as a result of that.

Farhan does look much better without the beard...I liked him in the precap, looking forward to tomorrow's episode. And you put it much better, I just have different expectations from the show now.
AmazingAmy thumbnail

Originally posted by: JohnySolomonRaj

Farhan is improving but still he has lots to learn but i am sure he will learn it and yes the story has not started yet, Once the actual story starts the show will be more interesting .

Lovely Post Priyanka πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks Jonhy, I'm taking your advice and being more active πŸ€—
-vaishnavite- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Terrific post Pri πŸ€—β€οΈ

Farhan is slowly getting more comfy with his character Manav and Sanz's expressions were freaking adorable today 😳☺️❀️ I cracked up with Mogambo πŸ˜† and the Manav-CC scenes were cute!

I'm ready for this show to go on a roll! Today's episode was amazing!
MaleehaSuhail thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Pri πŸ€—
How are you and I so similar? It was today that I actually really enjoyed the episode and not just because Sanaya in it but because the story actually got interesting and a lot more fun to watch. It's supposed to be a light hearted show and that's exactly what it was today. I loved the scenes of Chanchan with her mom and friends in the garden, that was so real and beautiful to watch <33 I adore Chanchan's mom. That lady needs more screen space! I couldn't stop laughing at the dog chasing part 🀣
Last week was a bit ... well we talked a lot about that in PMs already LOL. I really enjoyed today's episode and Farhan is getting better and better. I saw a lot of improvement today too. I wish he keeps this up, he'll need it for the love track like you said. CC is going at a nice space, it's improving with each episode, I hope it continues to get better <3
bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i am enjoying the show
rima thumbnail
I agree priyanka
last week I was griing and bearing for Sanaya
But now I like the show
The side cast felt fake last week
Now they are growing on me
The show will be sanaya's biggest hit
mark my words
ragzz. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Beautiful post Pri ❀️ I completely agree with you! Nothing about this show is OTT and they are handling every scene so well! Simplicity at its best! I wish they don't show the Bahu's of Uma Ben as much, coz they are simply so unreal and way too orthodox! But yeah ChCh is gonna change everything anyway ;) Looking forward to upcoming episodes <3
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Priyanka is being positive about the show I am really glad about it !

Just a bit more patience I am sure the show will do well.

Amazing post Pri - I missed them in the other "forum".