Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RavissanteSanny thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: khanrocks

im bored of angry men

bien dit on a marre de personnages tout le temps en colere on aimerai avoir une personnage cool 😉
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: jaya100

Here I'm liking the laid back happy go lucky character, because he doesn't seem to be the kind that is blinded by love for his mom. It's obvious he loves her but he sees her shortcomings and knows how to work around them but isn't manipulative.

I loved the nhok jhok between the leads and found it to be refreshing and a nice change from the arm twisting angst of an angry young man. It's too early to say how Manav's character will turn out but we've been told the characters are very real so I hope that all the characters will be a mix of emotions including Manav in that if he needs to be the angry young man he will be and if needs to be sweet he will be. Personally I've had enough of the angry young man and am looking forward to a sweet normal guy for now. I think if Sanaya and Farhan are able to create a certain level of chemistry (it would be wishful thinking to hope it could be to the level most of us got used to) then we will be ok with not having the angry young man.The main issue I have with Manav's character is the dialogues he was given in the last episode made him look immature rather than laid back (laughing at the broken marriage...so uncool).
I agree with you thought that angry young men probably make better TV viewing but personally I need a change and I hope Manav will prove to be a worthy alternative.

I pretty much agree word for word here with Jaya ... I liked the initial character graph of Manav where they showed that he was happy-go-lucky but not a Mamma's boy, when he obviously did not share his mother's views on social superiority and power of money ... his interactions with his middle class friend and his driver were nice to watch and gave me hope he was not going to be a dikra ... But in Friday's episode he came off looking a clown and very immature in his reactions to the broken marriage. He needs to grow up ... and fast!!!

But I guess where bubbly chirpy girls are interpreted as being brainless, happy go lucky boys are also interpreted as being idiots ... both are equally annoying! Script writers need to sort out Manav's character more carefully here.

That aside, there are too many angry young men on TV these days, and after having enjoyed one of the best, I'm quite happy for a change ... this was never going to be an intense love story, so an angry young man is really not needed here. We do need a more mature character as male lead though.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

Sigh.. Sonya i don't think it is just indian TV.. several generations of women have been seduced by M&Bs and practically 90% of them would have this as the basic premise...

Angry young man, suave and rich...and add the happy go lucky girl who would change their life and make them fall irrevocably in love with her...

And for me too i am a sucker for them. But never as i had fallen for ASR had i fallen for any1 else.. And I doubt i ever will.. And I most definitely prefer the happy go lucky girls over silent types...case in point even with all her craziness and shortcomings I love Khushi hundred times more than perfectly written out Gunjan..

Same for men i most definitely prefer this brooding, darker shaded type over happy go luck for my fantasy quotient..

So well i have the same dilemma as u... I am on one side happy that it is not the same angry young man.. it will be a fresh for a change...

But I don't honestly mind much about the guy not being the brooding type this time cz I got Sanaya in a role I would like to see her in. I was worried she would pick a serious role this time, cz i love seeing her being lighthearted and emotional in a sweet way like with Khushi..

Sunara, for the first time we differ ... I liked the sober serious Gunjan better than the crazy Khushi, especially the OTT Khushi 😛 The mature, brave Khushi was the one I loved ... and the reason I stuck to IPK during the crazy OTT Khushi times ... otherwise bubbly chirpy brainless girls are my least favorite character.

I think most girls go for the quiet serious brooding types ... the fantasy of a man with a tragic past, waiting to be reformed by the love of a beautiful woman is what all fantasies and fairy tales are made of 😆

But here I would like the ML to be a tad more serious and sorted in terms of his values in life ... recognizing his mother's shortcomings and dealing with them in his own way, as well as helping his wife through the minefield of her sasuraal. That is one balance which is difficult enough for guys in real life ... on screen it's almost impossible 😆

I am liking Chhanchhan's character a lot as of now ... and that is the most important thing in this show for me ...
-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
enjoyed reading the post and the replies I could get to...for now, I will just wait, watch and enjoy the show..and give time for the guy and his character to grow in the show and on me 😉😊
rinkyc thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ya its true...but angry young man concept is boring nw...I dnt like asad after watching ASR...
mayuri099 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I don't think the point is about 'the angry young man' or ' a happy go lucky person'. It's about script, dialogues, acting, performance, direction everything together. If a character is well written it is bound to click with the audience. In movies you see many happy go lucky leads which are very popular only because they are well -written. Also, it might be more interesting if these characters have more shades. Not too many ppl like to watch one-dimensional character day after day. After a point, it just becomes boring. So, as long as there are shades in the character and it is growing, it has potential. One of the reason ASR was so popular because there was growth in the character and it was shown in a very subtle way.
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Actually now its become a trend on angry young man..
but i am actually not sure weather manav is angry yong man type..
i find him betwwen the two of them.,.a bit angry.. a bit happy go lucky
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I actually don't care what kind of guy plays on TV as long as he is a good actor who connect with the audience. I'm great fans of Samrat, Mayank and Arnav, these three men who were very different yet similar. I loved their good nature despite their outer appearance or behavior. I really don't care what kind of male lead we get as long as he holds his own grounds and isn't a mother's boy.
anamunir thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
em kinda happy with this change in character dear!!!
plus i wanna c farhan to grow in this role n make this serial a gud sweep hit!!! :)
VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It is nice to see happy go lukcy guy hero in saas bahu type show. Fed up of seeing angry young man troubling the heroine.It is a nice change to see happy go lucky guy as hero.