Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

312787 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: DramaQueen.

The angry young man is a character that is been done over and over again. If you notice, most of the shows that have been in the top 5 consistently for the last few years have good boys, not the angry, ruthless characters. These type of male characters are more popular amongst the youth who, for some reason, fantasize the idea of the lady being manhandled! It's time a character comes and changes this. Too many typical angry young men on TV!

you spoke my mind. I pretty much said the same in my post. 😊
SizzlingPaRud- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: iria_luvsLindor

you spoke my mind. I pretty much said the same in my post. 😊

Just realized I basically reiterated everything you said lol. Sorry!
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Sigh.. Sonya i don't think it is just indian TV.. several generations of women have been seduced by M&Bs and practically 90% of them would have this as the basic premise...

Angry young man, suave and rich...and add the happy go lucky girl who would change their life and make them fall irrevocably in love with her...

And for me too i am a sucker for them. But never as i had fallen for ASR had i fallen for any1 else.. And I doubt i ever will.. And I most definitely prefer the happy go lucky girls over silent types...case in point even with all her craziness and shortcomings I love Khushi hundred times more than perfectly written out Gunjan..

Same for men i most definitely prefer this brooding, darker shaded type over happy go luck for my fantasy quotient..

So well i have the same dilemma as u... I am on one side happy that it is not the same angry young man.. it will be a fresh for a change...

But I don't honestly mind much about the guy not being the brooding type this time cz I got Sanaya in a role I would like to see her in. I was worried she would pick a serious role this time, cz i love seeing her being lighthearted and emotional in a sweet way like with Khushi..
312787 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DramaQueen.

Just realized I basically reiterated everything you said lol. Sorry!

please don't be sorry, i did not mean that. Infact, i am glad to know that more people feel this way about the potryal of angry young men on indian tv.
Your post is very well written, i enjoyed reading it.
Edited by iria_luvsLindor - 11 years ago
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I think it depends on how they are portrayed some good
boys are interesting to watch!! But some can be annoying and cheesy!! Like Samrat for instance, he was the carefree but good boy!! But Samrat did have baggage although he never show it much to others!! He was naughty, flirty, and a caring friend!! He was interesting to me!! And then look at SP's momma's boys!! I find them a little too goody, goody!! Sadly, yes!! They do get
the most TRP's!! :( Now Manav does look like a carefree guy but also momma's favorite!! But the actor is new so his expressions look over done to portray the happy go lucky guy!! He will have to work on that soon!! He's acts kiddish with his mom which again is badly portrayed!! But he's new!! I hope gets better at it!!

Shreya
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It depends on the treatment given to the character. Which ever attitude one has as long as its justified all is well.

I think the characters of the show still need time to settle for us to understand of the story would shape up.

lrlpam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Actually it all depends on the characterization,the charm,the actions of the character. Also men r expected to be smarter than the women. Angry young men always are but happy-go-lucky guys are often potrayed as dimwitted like shravan and manav who r later changed by their ladylove. On the other hand,samrat's intelligence and charm made him more popular than mayank,same goes for the guys of left right left. Also audience doesn't really like mama's boys who always favor their moms over wives. I really hope manav can match upto chhanchhan
bluesz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I dont like men manhandling a girl...be it reel or real.I like manav's character. In SC too saras dont want to hurt kumud even though he got hurt by her.I dont know why girls always like angry young man...If they spent a day with some angry young man in real then they will definitely hate all the angry men in reel too..
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I found guys like Samrat, Armaan the true 'good' boys who had respect for their girls and trusted them!! Even though they were not the type your moms would want for you!! 😆 Your mom would have to be open-minded about that!! 😆

Shreya
Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: spate22

I think it depends on how they are portrayed some good
boys are interesting to watch!! But some can be annoying and cheesy!! Like Samrat for instance, he was the carefree but good boy!! But Samrat did have baggage although he never show it much to others!! He was naughty, flirty, and a caring friend!! He was interesting to me!! And then look at SP's momma's boys!! I find them a little too goody, goody!! Sadly, yes!! They do get
the most TRP's!! :( Now Manav does look like a carefree guy but also momma's favorite!! But the actor is new so his expressions look over done to portray the happy go lucky guy!! He will have to work on that soon!! He's acts kiddish with his mom which again is badly portrayed!! But he's new!! I hope gets better at it!!

Shreya

Oh yes, Shreya.. you're so right.

Comparing Samrat and Manav, the latter has the added element of "Mama's Boy." I have not seen Armaan but I know he was IMMENSELY popular so it worked for his character! At the end of the day, it is really the character sketch. Now in the case of Samrat, the other thing is that his character had a different shade to it too.. So here in the college he was this flirty, popular guy but then he had so many sorrows to deal with in his personal life. So that kind of added to his mystery. And then the transformation of the character in season 2 - I toh loved it. In season 2, it was definitely Samrat over Mayank for me..!