Impressed by Manav's Character?

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I first thought that the angry young man walaa look is so overdone, so having a happy-go-lucky kind of guy as the male lead would be interesting. But now I have mixed feelings... I think in general the angry young man walaa attitude works on Indian television shows be it Maan of Geet fame, Arnav of IPK fame, or Asad Khan of Qubool Hai fame. Even in MJHT, I always preferred Mayank's character over Samrat. As much as I loved the grey shades of ASR's character, I could not stand Shravan's character in BHPH. So on one hand I am like nahi try something new but on the other hand it looks like it's safer to go with the norm of "Angry Young Man."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IMMI- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
its a simple concept treat them mean keep um keen🤣
Chaandaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It's strange but in girls the bubbly and go happy type works more on Indian tv than the serious type but in guys people like that grey shades angry young man type character.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think Indian TV is already full of Angry young man characters it's about time we get a happy go happy type. Though I like my Angry Young man more than the Happy go luck type guys I don't know why but they have something so intense in them and hot in them be it Man from Geet, Arnav from IPK, RK from MB or Asad from GH but like I said they're just way too many I just stick to my ASR from IPK though these love story are the same concept of Angry young man I only seem IPK and that's all I'm not a person who will repeat watching the same things over and over again it just doesn't work for me so many times around.

And Happy Go luck type guys aren't that bad at all Ranbir Kapoor was a Happy go lucky type guy in Saawariya and I like his character alot in that film he makes me love the Happy go lucky type guys.
..SaNaYaHoLiC.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Agree Sonya 😳 See I think with so many hot angry young men on television, every one prefers the male actors to go for the grey shaded character and the female ones for the bubbly role. I really loved Samrat's character and Mayank's character both in MJHT. While Mayank was the hot, broody type, Samrat was the flirty, cute type. Honestly, for me as long as the actor playing the character is good and convinces me with his acting, I don't mind either. But yes its true these days, audience likes the angry young men more than the flirty happy go-lucky ones.
312787 thumbnail
I am bored with the potrayal of Angry young men characters on Indian television who romanticize the idea of manhandling the female character.

The angry/serious types are definitely more popular but the male characters of most trp toppers are good boys 😳
Edited by iria_luvsLindor - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Here I'm liking the laid back happy go lucky character, because he doesn't seem to be the kind that is blinded by love for his mom. It's obvious he loves her but he sees her shortcomings and knows how to work around them but isn't manipulative.
I loved the nhok jhok between the leads and found it to be refreshing and a nice change from the arm twisting angst of an angry young man. It's too early to say how Manav's character will turn out but we've been told the characters are very real so I hope that all the characters will be a mix of emotions including Manav in that if he needs to be the angry young man he will be and if needs to be sweet he will be. Personally I've had enough of the angry young man and am looking forward to a sweet normal guy for now. I think if Sanaya and Farhan are able to create a certain level of chemistry (it would be wishful thinking to hope it could be to the level most of us got used to) then we will be ok with not having the angry young man.The main issue I have with Manav's character is the dialogues he was given in the last episode made him look immature rather than laid back (laughing at the broken marriage...so uncool).
I agree with you thought that angry young men probably make better TV viewing but personally I need a change and I hope Manav will prove to be a worthy alternative.
SizzlingPaRud- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

The angry young man is a character that is been done over and over again. If you notice, most of the shows that have been in the top 5 consistently for the last few years have good boys, not the angry, ruthless characters. These type of male characters are more popular amongst the youth who, for some reason, fantasize the idea of the lady being manhandled! It's time a character comes and changes this. Too many typical angry young men on TV!

Midnightsorrow thumbnail

Originally posted by: DramaQueen.

The angry young man is a character that is been done over and over again. If you notice, most of the shows that have been in the top 5 consistently for the last few years have good boys, not the angry, ruthless characters. These type of male characters are more popular amongst the youth who, for some reason, fantasize the idea of the lady being manhandled! It's time a character comes and changes this. Too many typical angry young men on TV!

I think they overdue the man handling woman on Indian TV I admit I was very annoyed with it during IPK days.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail

Originally posted by: Popey

I think Indian TV is already full of Angry young man characters it's about time we get a happy go happy type. 🤣

Post with your real account and then we can laugh and talk about this! 😛