Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I will give a scenario.

Let's assume that ChanChan gets Purvi's family out of the bind somehow, however Umaben's version and slander still is out there in society and with everyone. Everyone goes about their lives.

Now, whenever ChanChan realizes that Umaben is Manav's mother, whether it be before, right during, after marriage or whatever. Here's what should NOT happen.

Manav should not be kept in the dark about what really happened. ChanChan shouldn't do the same old crap all the bahus and heroines do--hide the horrible truth from their lover/spouse just because the person at fault is his mother.

Now if ChanChan tells Manav and he confronts Umaben about it and lets her know he absolutely does not approve and will not tolerate any further slandering or lies... then I am okay.

But what will not be okay is if this issue festers and festers, the truth never comes out till who knows when: the slander Umaben has done on Purvi's family, she is not held accountable for it from her son (or if it is, it's only months later).

For the show not to be regressive like the other Saas Bahu shows, ChanChan shouldn't keep quiet about the truly despicable things.
Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: likarsh

My problem is that the the multi faceted aspect so far is just that she loves her son and is not so bad with the son. My problem is not that shoe brokered the dowry. That is realistic. My problem is how she went out of her way to pin the blame on the girl's family. And while that too is realistic, to me it is not acceptable if that's not cleared up within a week or two. Because otherwise, it's a horrible person whose only redeeming quality is that she's Manav's mother. And because of that, ChanChan will have to be the respectful daughter-in-law, who challenges sure, but still has to be respectful. (I am guessing, I realize we don't know what's to happen and how the 'battles' will be fought.) When in reality, I would just want ChanChan not to live in that house. (And I am not one against extended family or such, on the contrary. But certain times, certain measures need to be taken.

Her daughters in law are scared of her but don't seem to hate her so we have to see how she deals with others too before we can judge her completely. Agreed at the moment she appears more black than grey but it's early days. They say art imitates life so when she pinned the blame on the girls family that is generally how things work out in society. Isn't it always the girls family who get blamed. Had UB not been the bosses wife then perhaps Purvi's family would have been stronger and told everyone about the dowry issue but here there was also the employer -employee relationship to consider, again this is very realistic. I hope CC will always be respectful but that doesn't mean she will accept what's wrong. If CC doesn't live in the same house than how can the story progress. To make a long running TV serial perhaps it is necessary for the antagonist to start out more black than grey and the growth is to go to grey and then white at the end of the show.Personally I am looking forward to the sparks flying between CC and UB because I think Supriyaji and Sanaya will do full justice to the roles.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^^ As I said, it all depends on how the story progresses, how we see the plot unfold.

I am going by what was shown in the first week, and while one can't judge from the first week, it would be better to air out our worries and have it NOT happen rather than keeping quiet and the the worst scenarios come true.

When I mean being respectful, I mean especially what I mentioned in my post above. These Saas Bahu shows tend to show the heroine taking it all in without letting the husband know. Now while I agree the wife shouldn't go on and complain about every single thing, what I would not want to see is ChanChan taking it upon herself with all these 'battles' and not letting Manav know about matters as serious as the dowry incident. I am not advocating that she drag in Manav for every single thing.

I agree that it's realistic that the broker would behave the way Umaben did. The problem, is that this is the woman who's going to be ChanChan's MIL.

Now, as I said in my previous post it doesn't have to be such an issue. And it can be even earlier that Manav finds out. In fact the earlier it's cleared up, the better. Perhaps Manav will find out the truth early on in Manav's and ChanChan's courtship. Perhaps that issue will be 'righted' somewhat. So it wouldn't be a problem.

All of this is conjecture. But I would rather just get my worries out now.
Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago
SizzlingPaRud- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Oh I am with you when you say you don't want Chanchan quiet. How many times have we seen that in every serial, not just the saas bahu one? They stay quiet thinking that they will be respecting the elders and protecting their loved ones by being self less but are in fact just getting themselves in deeper trouble. I do not want to see that and I really hope they don't show this.

About UB, going by what they showed the first itself, she should just be the villain. She is shown as the typical evil saas. This was just the first week and we were already shown a very negative side of her. I hope we see something different this week and she doesn't turn into a complete antagonist.