Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Closetarshi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: jaya100

Thanks for this update...it's nice to see positive perspectives in a forum in which some are trying to promote negativity.

I too expected UB to be strict yet fair but let's see what happens. She is extremely arrogant so perhaps the black character is aimed towards those she considers beneath her in social standing. She is indulgent with her son and even tho her DIL's are scared of her they don't seem to hate her. Even our heroine isn't totally white in her attitude...remember the temple scene where she turned away and had to be reminded by her friend why they were there. So I think it'll be a long time before we see UB's attitude change towards 'chotte log' (little people) but I think we will see more grey in both UB and I hope in CC too...I actually want to see CC too make some mistakes like a real person and learn from them and not be the always in the right bahu who is always correcting other people.
Girls parents will always be blamed until they themselves stand up to abuse against their daughters and stop thinking they owe anyone anything because they happened to produce a daughter rather than the longed for son. When some people don't see their own daughter as an equal to her brother than how can they expect others to treat the same girl as an equal to her husband.
One of the things I love about Sanaya is her self esteem which I think is really lacking in girls (of all cultures) today. I hope CC will be a character that has self esteem because if you don't think you are less than anyone else then no one else can make you feel that you are and someone with that attitudw would never allow herself to be in a dowry situation.
I'm getting the feeling that the whole dowry sequence was really to highlight the difference in thinking between CC and UB rather than tackle the dowry issue because otherwise someone would have announced the real reason for the wedding being cancelled right there in the hall. .

Aren't you in a rush to say" which I think is really lacking in girls(of all cultures) today". You liking a screen character or a personality is acceptable and your choice. But why post a blanket statement about your opinion on today' girls, have you known them all?
My objection to this has nothing to do with any serial bashing or spreading negativity but if you want to make a statement that in terms of character presentation ,ch has self esteem than girls of other shows, it is a qualified and rational statement. But how can you make a comment about girls today? It may be your opinion bt as today's girl, since I have self esteem, I dnt take anybody's statement on face value.
Please provide exact cases of all girls today where you find their self esteem is lower than that of chanchan and dnt generic statements please about how girls cow down in similar situations. Etc etc.

Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@thanks all...rem i get to see it later...so im sorry ill write it a bit late...so bear with me...thanks :)))
601109 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

😭Hi i dont have Sony enterainment but what u have written so far is very interesting.tfs.lol.Always looking out for your written updates.🤗Sandra