Chanchan and Stopwa

samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Ok after watching the first episode I was very much disappointed. Especially after watching another stopwa in Supriya Patak.
Then from the end of second episode it started grabbing my attention. I actually have to say, the way the issue of dowry was portrayed was quiet subtle and nice. It was good that the dad stopped the wedding from progressing. It deserved someone strong to do that. It was gripping and had a touch of reality attached. I actually of course started watching the show for Sanaya, but I was impressed how the girl's dad stopped the wedding, how he said that he has also worked for his earning and will continue to do. I was impressed that instead of cowing under employer's pressure he looked at his daughter, I was also impressed by the way Sanaya said - to prospective in-laws- if you know the girl tell me till which grade she studied.
In any case, used to like Supriya Patak from her movies, especially Bahu ki Awaz which was against dowry rituals in 1985. It was a wake up call to see her supporting someone giving dowries.
Hope everyone is is enjoying the episodes now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanju01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: samin6

In any case, used to like Supriya Patak from her movies, especially Bahu ki Awaz which was against dowry rituals in 1985. It was a wake up call to see her supporting someone giving dowries.
Hope everyone is is enjoying the episodes now.

I didn't get u,what did u mean by this?😕
I hope u know to differentiate between 2 different characters.Her character in that movie was different and in this serial,it's different.
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I've loved the show from the very first episode, in fact it grabbed at the very first scene with Dadi in the marriage bureau. I agree the subtlety with which the dowry issue was handled was excellent and realistic. This PH seems to know how to use the supporting cast and let's hope it stays that way. Gotta laugh at Stopwa, I think every fan of Sanaya's previous show must have done a double take at that. It was perfectly in line with the character. It denotes arrogance and an attitude that when I speak everyone needs to listen...a trait common with both the Stopwas in Sanaya's reel life! Where I disagree with you is on Supriya Pathak...she hasn't disappointed me in the least bit. I had huge expectations from her and she has fulfilled them completely in every scene. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but it seems as though you are saying that Supriyaji has disappointed you in taking a role of someone who supports dowry. If no one played such roles then how would these things be tackled. It's not as though those are her beliefs or she's supporting those beliefs it's just a character she is playing.
I'm glad that the show has caught your attention...the show is only 4 days old and we have already been intoduced to the main characters, seen the dynamics of CC with her family and her friends, been introduced to the future MIL and shown how she views life, tackled a serious social issue, met the ML and started to understand at least one side of him, seen the lovely warm interactions between mother and son, the relationship between MIL and her current DILs, seen some fun nhok jhok between the leads and met puch puch...and all in 4 days. Its been a jam packed week and I think that and of course Sanaya Irani is why a lot of us have been enjoying the episodes from day 1 itself.
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya100

I've loved the show from the very first episode, in fact it grabbed at the very first scene with Dadi in the marriage bureau. I agree the subtlety with which the dowry issue was handled was excellent and realistic. This PH seems to know how to use the supporting cast and let's hope it stays that way. Gotta laugh at Stopwa, I think every fan of Sanaya's previous show must have done a double take at that. It was perfectly in line with the character. It denotes arrogance and an attitude that when I speak everyone needs to listen...a trait common with both the Stopwas in Sanaya's reel life! Where I disagree with you is on Supriya Pathak...she hasn't disappointed me in the least bit. I had huge expectations from her and she has fulfilled them completely in every scene. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but it seems as though you are saying that Supriyaji has disappointed you in taking a role of someone who supports dowry. If no one played such roles then how would these things be tackled. It's not as though those are her beliefs or she's supporting those beliefs it's just a character she is playing.

I'm glad that the show has caught your attention...the show is only 4 days old and we have already been intoduced to the main characters, seen the dynamics of CC with her family and her friends, been introduced to the future MIL and shown how she views life, tackled a serious social issue, met the ML and started to understand at least one side of him, seen the lovely warm interactions between mother and son, the relationship between MIL and her current DILs, seen some fun nhok jhok between the leads and met puch puch...and all in 4 days. Its been a jam packed week and I think that and of course Sanaya Irani is why a lot of us have been enjoying the episodes from day 1 itself.

Actually what I meant was she disappointed me as an actress. She after all was a main stream actress in 1980s. Her acting was very much overshadowed by Sanaya, her friend, her friend's dad, and even the parents of the groom. It looked very much rehearsed.
Edited by samin6 - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: samin6

Actually what I meant was she disappointed me as an actress. She after all was a main stream actress in 1980s. Her acting was very much overshadowed by Sanaya, her friend, her friend's dad, and even the parents of the groom. It looked very much rehearsed.

Sorry,I did misunderstand what you said but I still disagree. I think Supriyaji and Sanaya are actually on a pretty even keel and but she is so experienced that I'm sure Sanaya will actually learn more from supriyaji. For me if there is a reason to watch the show apart from Sanaya it would be for Supriyaji...I really think she has already gotten into the skin of the character and is doing an awesome job but that's just my opinion. It's only been 4 days and she has already bowled me over a few times, I've seen that scene 4 times where she says she has been taking memory pills and will double the dose to ensure she never forgets Chhan Chhan and each time the way she says Chhan Chhan sends a chill down my spine.