The same saas-bahu story - what's new?

rightknell11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
We've seen a number of times in films like Beta, Khubsoorat, etc etc why repeat the same theme? What is going to be so special? I think Sanaya should not have chosen this show, she should have gone for something newer sort of uncharted waters...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
ok what kind of unchartered territory ? this is Indian Television we are talking about
where family dramas DIL MIL sagas rule the roost
Personally for some one who has never bothered over Indian or Asian Soaps and after my one and only disastrous foray in believing it looks different I am really thoroughly enjoying watching the soap I dont understand half the hindi but still it puts a smile Its breezy funny and thankfully will not have to hear dialogues of characterless orphan without any redressal of justice
this show already has indicated it will be different loved a father who places his daughters happiness as paramount love that there is a male lead with no issues dark past or hangups
love the female lead who has been given jusitce finally and have her acting prowess be given due justice
so wonder does Indian Television have better options
tiahalder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
may be the theme is saas bahu..but story telling is different..
the show will also give some good messages but in a balanced way without being very much preachy..and as much i know this kind of show works in indan telly industry..
moreover the show is capable of attracting viewers of all age group...
Siri22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

ok what kind of unchartered territory ? this is Indian Television we are talking about

where family dramas DIL MIL sagas rule the roost
Personally for some one who has never bothered over Indian or Asian Soaps and after my one and only disastrous foray in believing it looks different I am really thoroughly enjoying watching the soap I dont understand half the hindi but still it puts a smile Its breezy funny and thankfully will not have to hear dialogues of characterless orphan without any redressal of justice
this show already has indicated it will be different loved a father who places his daughters happiness as paramount love that there is a male lead with no issues dark past or hangups
love the female lead who has been given jusitce finally and have her acting prowess be given due justice
so wonder does Indian Television have better options

@red- What a relief right? I was getting annoyed with these angry young men who abuse the heroine in the name of having a dark past. Really.πŸ˜”
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The story is refreshing but you just got to give it time to settle in.
ritika06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes it has a saas and a bahu but mind u,the bahu will not be a gopi bahu type who will stand when the saas will tell her to stand,who will sit when the saas tells her to sit.In this show,she will have her own identity and won't lose her freedom in the name of customs and traditions.
U mentioned Beta.Hope u remember madhuri's role in that movie.If chhan chhan is like madhuri of beta then this show is definitely hatke.
I don't think umaben is as evil as aruna irani of beta but if chhan chhan is like madhuri then mazaa aa jayega waise scenes dekhne mein.πŸ˜›
Edited by ritika06 - 11 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Unfortunately Indian TV doesn't give actors a lot of options. It's either the love story or the saas-bahu/social msg dramas. The thing that is different here is the way of thinking of the PH. Their last show whilst being called Saas bina sasural was in effect a saas-bahu show with the memory of the deceased MIL being the standard to which the DIL was held. The PH handled many social issues in depth but without a lot of the melodrama associated with this type of show. The other type of shows available revolve around love stories and I thank God that Sanaya kept away from those.Although Sony doesn't have the best TRP's a lot of their programming actually does show nayi soch more than those that claim to do so. I have faith in Sanaya that she won't do a regressive show and that we won't see her get the neighbours together in the street to show a puppet show to teach people that littering is bad. Nor do I think it will be the kind of show where the bahu puts up with any type of physical or emotional abuse from anyone.
I don't think a concept has to be new it's more the way it's portrayed that counts. The only show that I have ever loved hadthe same concept of angry rich man and amall town girl which has been done many times over but it was the treatment of the concept that was different. Here, we haven't had enough time to judge how the concept will be handled. The one difference I've already noticed is that while this dikra might be a momma's boy he knows how to wrap momma around his little finger.
..SaNaYaHoLiC.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
HOW do you know what the show is in four days? πŸ₯±
Either she could do the typical love story which follows the mills and boons stories or she could do this because these two types are the only ones that exist on TV these days.
And FYI, every story is the same at the end of the day. Name me one show which has a concept that has NEVER been done before? Completely original, no scene taken from any movie or prior show? ...I thought so.
goguma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
it IS new because the girl will not let herself being bullied, torment or abused...

as a non-indian, i am sick to see a DIL being a yes person all the time...

Edited by goguma - 11 years ago
SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😊its a new concept and this is only a beginning every one cant give their views abt it now...in that case nowadays romantic shows are also repeating the same concepts i m now bored of them
Edited by Sanu5555 - 11 years ago