Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Yes, I think they are banking on Sanaya's popularity ... but any actor, however good, cannot be better than the story and the script. It may be another saas bahu show, or it might shape into a family drama ... but as long as the script is tight and engaging, then the viewers will stay hooked ... if not, they will leave. An actor does not make a show ... but a popular actor can ensure an initial draw. But a decent script will keep them engaged. That's why shows with popular actors start off well, but stay on only if the script is good ... and shows with unknown actors take time to pick up, but if the script is good, they gather viewership slowly.

Also saas bahu/family drama is pretty much a certain draw for Indian audiences even today, especially if treated well. 😆

Having said that ,,, I am an exception to my own rule 😆 ... I plan to watch regardless ... I prefer the character of Chhanchhan to Sanaya's immediate preceding role ... so that's already a plus point for me. And I find it very amusing to see people already predicting the fate of the show after less than a week on air 🤣

Excellent and sensible post as always, especially loved the bold! I hope it gets through the skulls of those particular people who are so desperately hanging around on the forum of a show they don't even watch (or so they say) just to hand out their "expert" opinions.

I prefer Chanchan's character too because while she may be cute and bubbly like Khushi...the difference is that she actually has a brain this time. So basically they took the best qualities about Khushi but added sensibility and worthwhile values to Chanchan's character, which is awesome. I don't see any nonsensical drama or clownish behavior from Chanchan. I have absolutely no problem with her character, its awesome as is Sanaya of course.

I do want the storytelling of the show to improve. They can't just expect Sanaya to carry them, they need an interesting storyline. Maybe this is one of those shows that just take a while to get into the telling their story...they are trying to establish the themes and characters of the show first...but once they get to the actual story, it might be great. Its been 4 episodes. It usually takes most shows, even the best ones, a while to get going and pick up pace and get on the TRP charts...so I'll be patient. For those predicting the fate of this show already, its just their wishful thinking, nothing else. This show is not going anywhere.
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
PH and sony is banking on sanaya.In this show only sanaya and supriyajii will have more space and the story will be MIL and DIL saga.
ML not good..No expression and acting is horrible.
For 3 months no trp .But in sony channel none of the shows get more trp unlike SP.So far in sony , only BALH got more trp now that too has gone down.So axing will not arise even if the show does not get trp.HJNH was axed because of Aamna.Hope story line will improve .
Edited by jyothi-m - 11 years ago
ArshiAms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hope for d best
fingers crossed
rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree to ur post to some extent.Yes they r banking on Sanaya's popularity...Entire promotion is done on her...Only hoping they develop the story also beautifully.Its only 3day old show.so it is not fair to draw conclusion... Yes I am watching the show for Sanaya...
ankitamishra201 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: princessunara

up to a certain extent i agree.. i am worried a little too...cz they indeed r banking 99% on Sanaya and rest 1% on everything else..

but here is the thing i am a dog lover.. so for me the 1st episode was wonderful.. n the social issue most likely was done to get UB pitted against CC..rather than to create social awareness...

well let us see.. cz the real story of this show will only start when she gets married...
for that to happen courtship should happen...

n if the courtship phase is nicely done it might become interesting for the layman too..

anyway I am going to give it time of at least 1 month before i pass a judgement on it..

totally agree wid u ...i too started watching dis show cauz of sanaya n cauz i love dogs n dats y i loved d 1st epi ...i was missing puchpuch in tdays epi ...n wen all the bhabhi's were introduced i started feeling lyk plzzz no not d typical saas bahu show no no no ...i hope out fear does not cum into reality n it is not saas bahu drama ...i will surely loose interest if it turn out dat way ...!!!!
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Um, yes I for one started watching this show for Sanaya if it wasn't for Sanaya I wouldn't have known about this show the viewership so far is all thanks to Sanaya. I Sub to Sony and recently start watching a show call Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat even that one didn't started off so well but now things has picked up and it's going good IMO. I was sitting back watching it with my Mom yesterday even Anamika has win viewers heart.

I don't know but I have a felling this show will be well because Indian viewers like these Saas Bahu shows and they are the ones that matter in the end the TRP viewers. Lets see how things go though :) I really liked the show so far today episode was another good one I like ChanChan family alot today.

jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SimplyPriceless

Um, yes I for one started watching this show for Sanaya if it wasn't for Sanaya I wouldn't have known about this show the viewership so far is all thanks to Sanaya. I Sub to Sony and recently start watching a show call Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat even that one didn't started off so well but now things has picked up and it's going good IMO. I was sitting back watching it with my Mom yesterday even Anamika has win viewers heart.

I don't know but I have a felling this show will be well because Indian viewers like these Saas Bahu shows and they are the ones that matter in the end the TRP viewers. Lets see how things go though :) I really liked the show so far today episode was another good one I like ChanChan family alot today.

Khoobsurat and anamika is not doing well as far as trp is concern.I do watch khoobsurat not anamika.Only BALH has highest trp in sony that is 1.6 or something the other two r 0.6 and 0.7 i think.Sony not to worry about trp.Channel won't axe like SP.
Edited by jyothi-m - 11 years ago
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes totally... Nd I feel bad for Sanaya - whole pressure s on her now!!
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting take but I think time for the show is what we should do. Worry a little about this what say ?
They cannot make Sanaya shoulder the entire show. Make it a reality show then na.
This show for me is way better then her previous show in terms of justice towards her character / costume !

Edited by Senorita Sanaya - 11 years ago
heavenspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
they are banking on Sanaya's popularity there is not doubt on it...
and I don't find anything intriguing in the story line...
like main protagonists are fighting then falling in love...
saas bahu element...
used already...
what we can is wait...but who's gonna do that??
I love Sanaya from time MJHT and then IPKKND...
both of the story had potential and they stood out...
but this time i really doubt...
Sanaya is trying something new in her career...but this is not new for the viewers...I think so...
her popularity is not gonna gain trp for them...not for long at least...