Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: .MohitSanz.

Well put. I agree with what you said, saas bahu serials may not work with the youth audience as majority are suckers for the typical mills and boon type stories these days, but it's a hit with the TRP aunties! So as long as the serial does well, that's all it matters.
@ bold: Yesterday, someone said this serial will not go on for more than a few months lol. The show should be given a chance and shouldn't be given up on immediately. A show takes time to pick up, I hope the writers give more scenes which grab and hold the viewers attention and add suspense to the story.

Actually, the character of Chhanchhan is pretty easy to relate to for most of the youth ... I find more echoes in her than I did in Sanaya's previous character for sure. Most educated Indian girls today ARE a blend of tradition and modern ... they haven't all forgotten their roots, they do respect their parents for the most part, while they enjoy partying with friends ... that is completely in synch with today's generation.
And many youngsters have started voicing their opinions against some evils of our society ... just witness the huge and completely spontaneous protests in the recent Nirbhaya case for one ... and the Jessica Lal case re-opening for another. If this show can touch on such incidents, I think it will find an echo among many people ... there is not one dissenting voice on this forum about the fact that Purvi's marriage should have been stopped ... regardless of carping and cribbing about how exactly it should have been, and who should have taken the decision ...

Mills and Boon stories are the stuff dreams are made of ... so many of them are working on telly today too ... why can't both the genres co-exist? It doesn't have to be one or the other, does it? Because you watch one show, does it mean you are being disloyal to another show type or something? I don't watch only one type of movie ... I enjoy all types ... this is entertainment, that's all ... it's not life or death 😆 I have watched episodes of other telly shows and enjoyed different things in different shows ... am sure we all have ... what's the big deal!!! If I don't like something, I don't watch it ... I don't bother to waste time writing about why I don't like it 😆 If I did, I'd not have time to do anything else 😆
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -ARSHI-

i absolutely agree with u.,. we are gonna see typical saas bahu thing sson.. diff that cc is gonna be bold and matured..

talking about farhan..,.i agree he is new.. but still he has to really work hard.. he really not doing that well to match up with sanaya.. but as of now he doesnt even have that screen space..
i am just hoping that after some months they will stop all this social cause and chhanchhan changing society and will start with typical angry saas and bichari bahu.. hope so that osent happen

Sorry, I didn't get you ... you hope they will stop the social cause and make chhanchhan bechari bahu? No, please!!! We have enough bechari bahus on telly ... am hoping this one will be different! I'd rather see how youngsters channel their energies and their education into actually challenging some of the orthodox thinking that still exists in India today. I know the same thing is happening in another show, but the show itself doesn't appeal to me, otherwise I would have watched it ... I'm hoping this one does it better.

Anyone here watched OMG Oh My God? That is an example of the kind of thing I would like to see.
bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ofcourse they are banking on her popularity , but this ph is very smart
they have story, track , other character who have their own individual aspects and can give a lot more to a track than just being their

initial pull can be given by sanz popularity but sustaining will happen not just because of her right , i am sure ph knows about it

sorry for bring refference pls ignore if you do not like
her previous show as reffered as kushi show by a lot of audience so keeping her name and show name same is not a surprise to me at all

she will pull the audience the gain because its at 9pm . but i am sure she will enthral new set of audience because she is very good actress

bikerider thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Sorry, I didn't get you ... you hope they will stop the social cause and make chhanchhan bechari bahu? No, please!!! We have enough bechari bahus on telly ... am hoping this one will be different! I'd rather see how youngsters channel their energies and their education into actually challenging some of the orthodox thinking that still exists in India today. I know the same thing is happening in another show, but the show itself doesn't appeal to me, otherwise I would have watched it ... I'm hoping this one does it better.

Anyone here watched OMG Oh My God? That is an example of the kind of thing I would like to see.

well said diya
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Diya i think she tried to tell she is hoping it5 wouldn't happen.. not the other way around :D
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: princessunara

Diya i think she tried to tell she is hoping it5 wouldn't happen.. not the other way around :D

exactly.. i said i am hoping that thgis doesnt turns out to be like other serials.. i never said.. this will surely turn out to be dear..
-SanzAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
yeah i agreed with u dear ... they 100% banking on Sanaya Irani coz her Popularity :) and i agreed with each words with princessunara ...

- S a n a -

-SanzAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
guys new buzz for sanaya ... go and attack them :)
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
The script is bad,the cinematography is bad,the make up is bad and the direction is very bad.
Still we are watching this show?
For whom?Just for Sanaya.
The PH i cashing on her.
But if the execution is not good then the show will be axed within months
lrlpam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Yes,the promos proved that they're banking on Sanaya's popularity but on the other hand I also trust Sanaya and the other veterans to have taken the correct decision. Even the best of shows take 2-3 months to become exciting and if Sanaya's fan base isn't patient enough for that,m sure the show will gain some new viewers too. This PH has made quite successful shows before so I don't think it's too unreliable