Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

771081 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Frankly speaking,The PH and Sony are heavily banking on Sanaya's popularity.

They just dished out a show in a hurry so that they can use her popularity before it gets faded

I for one will never ever watch this type of show,I don't know about TRP audience

Anyways,lets wait for a month before passing on judgement about it's outcome

riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: whitewitch

yes they are banking on sanya s popularity.
but if story line is not gud it will suffer same faith as khamosiyan

a good example that show u mentioned had everything, popular male lead (not given proper screen space) , female lead new comer, all marathi well known artist but it did not work out coz of the execution, story (partly) n many other reasons as well... what ever it is u need a good story n also executed well, popularity will be advantage... but having popularity and not a good story n execution then it will not go anywhere too... everyting must work hand in hand... 😊
Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: riyya6

👏.. for ur post... they are 100% banking on SI populariry, thats 4 sure. in fact even the show started off pretty face, as they no SI is popular, b4 it fades off they wanna make use of it...

I do agree SI is talented actress... but watching 1 1/2 epi so far, will continue the rest as no time ATM... but i still see K----- (her previous avatar), she needs to get out of the avatar... so far i see K----- and not chan chan...
i dunno whether it will turn out to be saaas-bahu... but if they hit the right cord TRP will flow to them... n saas bahu thing is one of them... u see however u tell that its not saas bahu thing, the story will focus on sanaya n her mother in law... no matter what content, or moden thinking its still saas bahu thing in my view... 😕...
As a fan of Sanaya Irani, i still waanna show the reason behind SI choosing this show ...😕...
sorry just my opinion... no offense to anyone...😳🤗

@ riyya6-----

U stole my words..i had lotts of expectattions frm the shw as such..si is extremely talented actress..and even her mil supriya ji is gd..

But i guess after seing the male lead im dissapoointed serr..

any way i agree channle and ph are compp banking on si popp..

lets see...bt again since ipl is round the corner..doubt hw will the shw pick up
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Yes, I think they are banking on Sanaya's popularity ... but any actor, however good, cannot be better than the story and the script. It may be another saas bahu show, or it might shape into a family drama ... but as long as the script is tight and engaging, then the viewers will stay hooked ... if not, they will leave. An actor does not make a show ... but a popular actor can ensure an initial draw. But a decent script will keep them engaged. That's why shows with popular actors start off well, but stay on only if the script is good ... and shows with unknown actors take time to pick up, but if the script is good, they gather viewership slowly.

Also saas bahu/family drama is pretty much a certain draw for Indian audiences even today, especially if treated well. 😆

Having said that ,,, I am an exception to my own rule 😆 ... I plan to watch regardless ... I prefer the character of Chhanchhan to Sanaya's immediate preceding role ... so that's already a plus point for me. And I find it very amusing to see people already predicting the fate of the show after less than a week on air 🤣
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
BalamPichkari- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes that's the thing. At the end of the day the show is about saas bahu stuff so we will have to see clashes between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law as those cannot be avoided but we won't be seeing the abla naari bahu of the typical SP serials. I am liking the way Chanchan's character is shaping up but not how we are seeing so much drama all of a sudden. The comedy isn't working, the susu-juice scene was disturbing.
About Farhan, he is rarely seen in the show but his screen space will increase once their love track starts. Yes he needs to work on his expressions and voice modulation but he is new to this so he'll need time. He got better in yesterday's episode itself so I have hope he will do well. He's not terrible but he's not very good either so hoping he improves soon. I'm sure he'll be fine :)
afsuu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
so true

when i saw 1st epi one thing come in mind
without good story and good direction actors r useless
their talent washed away
instead of expectation i wish frm my heart my sanzz shine more n more

Edited by afsuu - 11 years ago
payalpencil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
they are completely banking on her popularity i would never watch suchh a show i would chan the channel immediately seriously i expected it to be waaay better but the dialouges are tooo bad and the acting is not up to par even the background score is patchy alot of developements should be done for it to come on par with no.1 shows its only sanaya who is manouvering the show through all these hurdles i dont think the show would have alot of veiwers if another actress did the roleof channchann the channel seems to know verry well that sanaya is a highly bankable actress thats why its being promoted with heer only tell me which serial had its first promo with the lead actress only it surely shows her power if the show has high trps be assured its onliee cuz of sanaya even a male actor would not bring about such popularity!!
BalamPichkari- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Yes, I think they are banking on Sanaya's popularity ... but any actor, however good, cannot be better than the story and the script. It may be another saas bahu show, or it might shape into a family drama ... but as long as the script is tight and engaging, then the viewers will stay hooked ... if not, they will leave. An actor does not make a show ... but a popular actor can ensure an initial draw. But a decent script will keep them engaged. That's why shows with popular actors start off well, but stay on only if the script is good ... and shows with unknown actors take time to pick up, but if the script is good, they gather viewership slowly.

Also saas bahu/family drama is pretty much a certain draw for Indian audiences even today, especially if treated well. 😆

Having said that ,,, I am an exception to my own rule 😆 ... I plan to watch regardless ... I prefer the character of Chhanchhan to Sanaya's immediate preceding role ... so that's already a plus point for me. And I find it very amusing to see people already predicting the fate of the show after less than a week on air 🤣

Well put. I agree with what you said, saas bahu serials may not work with the youth audience as majority are suckers for the typical mills and boon type stories these days, but it's a hit with the TRP aunties! So as long as the serial does well, that's all it matters.
@ bold: Yesterday, someone said this serial will not go on for more than a few months lol. The show should be given a chance and shouldn't be given up on immediately. A show takes time to pick up, I hope the writers give more scenes which grab and hold the viewers attention and add suspense to the story.
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .MohitSanz.

Yes that's the thing. At the end of the day the show is about saas bahu stuff so we will have to see clashes between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law as those cannot be avoided but we won't be seeing the abla naari bahu of the typical SP serials. I am liking the way Chanchan's character is shaping up but not how we are seeing so much drama all of a sudden. The comedy isn't working, the susu-juice scene was disturbing.
About Farhan, he is rarely seen in the show but his screen space will increase once their love track starts. Yes he needs to work on his expressions and voice modulation but he is new to this so he'll need time. He got better in yesterday's episode itself so I have hope he will do well. He's not terrible but he's not very good either so hoping he improves soon. I'm sure he'll be fine :)

i absolutely agree with u.,. we are gonna see typical saas bahu thing sson.. diff that cc is gonna be bold and matured..
talking about farhan..,.i agree he is new.. but still he has to really work hard.. he really not doing that well to match up with sanaya.. but as of now he doesnt even have that screen space..
i am just hoping that after some months they will stop all this social cause and chhanchhan changing society and will start with typical angry saas and bichari bahu.. hope so that osent happen
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: .MohitSanz.

umm actually the very fact that in this saas-bahu will clash is an exception..
cz usually it is the saas that clashes with the bahu while she will try to change all her character and likes and life to cater to the saas's whims n fancies..

so well it is possible that the very fact that this bahu will tame the saas will be the USP of the show.. n that is what i am expecting to see too.

i personally am very happy with Farhan.. he is good as Manav! not exceptional like Sanaya, which is i mean obvious.. so let him time.. he is already getting better!!