Are they banking on Sanaya's popularity?

BalamPichkari- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
If we were to look at this show from a regular TRP viewer's point of view, it doesn't have anything that is too appealing or extraordinary so far. Majority of us here are watching this show for one reason: Sanaya. But what about the people outside of Sanaya's fan base? Did they do a good job with promos? While yes, they went all out promoting the show with posters, billboards, etc. the promos weren't very eye catching nor did they do enough to grab a viewers attention and make them watch. The promos were only about Sanaya and didn't include any other cast member which was enough to give me the feeling that this PH and channel are heavily depending on Sanaya to bring in the TRPs. They created hype and raised expectations but failed to live up to those with the first episode.
One of the things lacking in the show is suspense. We know the basic plotline of the show already and many other things that could have been hidden to create suspense. The show is very predictable and that is a big issue. The story isn't connecting, the humor seems a bit forced and the drama seems to have come out of nowhere. This show isn't based on the movie Khubsoorat, not even slightly as some articles said prior to the show launch. And was there really a need to raise social issues the very first week? And was the social issue that they were trying to address (dahej) handled correctly?
People questioned Sanaya's decision to be in this show. I don't think Sanaya made a wrong decision at all. I think it was smart on her behalf to chose a show which is not a love story. I have been a fan for years now and one reason why I love her is because she has always made the correct choice when it comes to her career so I have faith that she thought about this as well. Also, I for one am getting bored of watching love stories and it's time we see her doing something different. Yes this concept has been shown before but so have all the other concepts on TV. At the end of the day, all storylines are the same and are inspired from one another.
Right now and maybe for the next week or two, the audience might watch because of Sanaya but will her popularity really be enough to keep the audience hooked? She is doing her role excellently. I am liking Supriya Kapoor too and Farhan? ... well lets just hope he gets better soon. As of now, the show is okay. It just started off and needs time, I agree. I'm hoping it's one of those shows that start out average but get better and better with time. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a typical saas bahu show because seeing the way Uma Ben's character is shaping up, I have a fear it might.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nuzrath- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
yes they banking on her popularity
but
they need to prove their product quality in it
hoping the best for sanaya sake😭
-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i am watching the show only for sanaya too...anyways..its only 3 epis and way too early to say anything...lets just watch and enjoy...😊
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
yes they are banking on sanya s popularity.
but if story line is not gud it will suffer same faith as khamosiyan
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
up to a certain extent i agree.. i am worried a little too...cz they indeed r banking 99% on Sanaya and rest 1% on everything else..

but here is the thing i am a dog lover.. so for me the 1st episode was wonderful.. n the social issue most likely was done to get UB pitted against CC..rather than to create social awareness...

well let us see.. cz the real story of this show will only start when she gets married...
for that to happen courtship should happen...

n if the courtship phase is nicely done it might become interesting for the layman too..

anyway I am going to give it time of at least 1 month before i pass a judgement on it..
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Agree with u dear 100%%% sanaya is very gd and taneted actress whihc i guess we all knw bt again the concept of cc is unique bt the lead actor is guess is nt able to act...😭😭😭😭😭😭

His dialogue delivery is 😲😲😲😲😲😲..no words..

But anyway lets hoipe for the best..

But sure that ph and sony are banking on sanzz pop...
MeeraHK thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

up to a certain extent i agree.. i am worried a little too...cz they indeed r banking 99% on Sanaya and rest 1% on everything else..

but here is the thing i am a dog lover.. so for me the 1st episode was wonderful.. n the social issue most likely was done to get UB pitted against CC..rather than to create social awareness...

well let us see.. cz the real story of this show will only start when she gets married...
for that to happen courtship should happen...

n if the courtship phase is nicely done it might become interesting for the layman too..

anyway I am going to give it time of at least 1 month before i pass a judgement on it..

Ya the maibn story starts after si marries the lead..and her mil will give cjallneges to her..which she needs to complete..in the time frame given
MeeraHK thumbnail

Originally posted by: whitewitch

yes they are banking on sanya s popularity.
but if story line is not gud it will suffer same faith as khamosiyan

Pl be ++++ ve lets hope for the best..dearπŸ˜›πŸ˜Š
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘.. for ur post... they are 100% banking on SI populariry, thats 4 sure. in fact even the show started off pretty face, as they no SI is popular, b4 it fades off they wanna make use of it...
I do agree SI is talented actress... but watching 1 1/2 epi so far, will continue the rest as no time ATM... but i still see K----- (her previous avatar), she needs to get out of the avatar... so far i see K----- and not chan chan...
i dunno whether it will turn out to be saaas-bahu... but if they hit the right cord TRP will flow to them... n saas bahu thing is one of them... u see however u tell that its not saas bahu thing, the story will focus on sanaya n her mother in law... no matter what content, or moden thinking its still saas bahu thing in my view... πŸ˜•...
As a fan of Sanaya Irani, i still waanna show the reason behind SI choosing this show ...πŸ˜•...
sorry just my opinion... no offense to anyone...πŸ˜³πŸ€—
Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
as of me i am only watching the show for SANAYA