Take 1: Public Service Announcement

-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Jingle-Ben Ve!!! πŸ€—

Today's message...Dahej be BAD. REALLY BAD. Like committing a crime, BAD. Like torturing someone, BAD. Like popping a zit right before a party, BAD.

Ok - maybe not that last one. πŸ˜‰ Not to trivialize a serious subject - 'tis a rare show that is able to handle any discussion on a social menace like dowry with the appropriate level of sensitivity, and without excessive preaching. Was Jingle-all-the-Way able to do this today? Almost. But not quite.

Today's Take 1 posted from the shaadi ka mandap - where J-J was a fly on the wall during the Clash of the Titans.

1. WEDNESDAY. Talk to the Hand. What IS it with women of a certain age using THE HAND as a stop sign to end discussion, on desi soaps? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Sanaya - bitiya, something to consider putting into your contract for your next show - thou shalt not accept scripts where the matriarch of any prospective sasural displays this habit. Bas. 😑

The bride is being frog marched around the fire for the pheras, when Jingle puts a spanner in the works. Psst Purvi - the groom? He was purchased at a premium at Walmart, for 25 large smackers! 😲 Purvi is shocked, and her foot hangs in mid air. She can't marry the guy - not after finding out that this wasn't a free giveaway as she had supposed, but a full priced swindle!

Unfortunately for her - her father has mortgaged his eternal soul to the resident steamroller, and she isn't willing to budge. The pheras WILL happen, and she doesn't have to take advice from a diminutive chokri in green who is setting out to change the world, but doesn't know how to drape a sari. The bride's father has 5 minutes to see reason, and not embarrass her.

Unfortunately for her - he does. πŸ‘ See reason, that is. His daughter will NOT wed into a household that views him as a 24/7 ATM facility. So there - Maalkin, stuff that into your pipe and smoke it. With all due respect, of course.

And Malkin does. Coz she knows exactly who the instigator is. She walks up to Jingle and does the senior citizen version of "I'm watching you" - minus the eye poke.

And J-J has 5 (yeah - its always 5. So sue me) observations πŸ˜‰

1. Maalkin apparently lost her nose today due to the shaadi being cancelled, as did the parents of the groom. Somewhere, a plastic surgeon is cheering.

2. Ya senior does a great Gujju accent. πŸ‘πŸΌ Not that I'm a connoisseur or anything.
Wait!!
I just watched a month of Dikhra and Dikhri in Ratnagiri. So maybe I am, after all. πŸ˜›

3. Its early days yet - but Manav bitwa really is shaping up to be an afterthought on this soap. It doesn't help that his "grinning-like-a-Cheshire-cat" expression in the precap was monumentally misplaced.
For Pete's sake, dude - your overbearing mother is talking about a modern day Spanish Inquisition for your future bride. Doesn't the thought scare those pee-stained pants off of you?

4. Ya junior is slowly shedding her previous skin and settling into this role. Her performance today was much more restrained - someone who is willing to face off a foe many times her body weight, but not being completely OTT with the preaching and sermonizing.

5. Did Uncle-ji return the money? Or did he walk out with it - bilkul phree? Come on, tells us? πŸ˜‰

So. The first week of the soap ends tomorrow, since Sony apparently believes in European working hours and 3 day weekends.

The verdict? It still be out, verdicting.

But then, most people were tuning in to watch YaYa anyway, and on that score - it delivered BIG TIME. ⭐️

The cast and crew of Jingle All The Way disperse for their weekend break tomorrow, and the rest of us obsessed lunatics go back to watching uncuts. Without them...humari toh...

SRJ wonly πŸ˜‰
Edited by -Jamba- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
And here we go again...

- Kissa Dahej ka...25 lakh now...25 lakh later...horror's of the past come alive! 😲

- No more moving in circles let's get to the point ...damn it what a way to make a point literally phera's on hold until some questions are answered! ⭐️

- Have to ask the question...what man has 50 lakh's sitting around but works for a sethani??? Royal dasi hoga shayad...πŸ˜•

- lalach buri bala!!! Suna aapne ?? Well good then...let's go get some pride back πŸ˜›

- Uma ben is more like Oh-Ma Ben! Talk about a politician...🀒 and a damn pushover!

- Desi Nari Power Ranger's will change the world! More power to you then but it just seemed so fake and scripted...i mean yes it's a TV show but something was just off and as much as i agree with dialogues it didnt move me...sorry...Dahej, gifts call it whatever it's not cool but the semi modern people watching the show probably dont blv in dahej taking and giving anyways...just saying...😳

- And wth 4th phera ka tayari is she making everyone do??? I mean they took 3 phera's what is SO different about the 4th one????πŸ˜•

- Simple...Simple...Bhaw...Bhaw...lord their DOUBLE DOUBLE is kinda annoying 😑

- Is it me or is that sidekick getting more screentime than the male lead? Or wait...supporting Male Lead...we know who the REAL leads are already...thats been well established in 3 episodes! πŸ₯±

- Yay daddy loves Beti!!!!...he doesnt crumble to Oh-Ma's guilt play and does whats best for his beti darling and he does father's proud...πŸ‘

The name is Chan Chan...she wont forget that easily! She told her she's taking prescription level sugar pill's and shes out to get her!!! πŸ₯³Bring it on...πŸ˜†

Edited by -Vee05- - 11 years ago
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
J ve πŸ€— for posting consistent Takes with just the right balance of wit, humor and of course snark. It is a much needed respite and space for sahelis posting here as well as your silent admirers😈 πŸ˜‰

The drama level today did make me question, are we really only on episode 3? 😲YaYa rocked ⭐️justifying the weight of the soap being placed on their shoulders - you go sisterhood!! The claws are out and the battle has been declared.. phront phront.

Is it only me or anyone else notice the BG music being out of sync at times? The scene where all of them are in the room - when Ya senior speaks it goes with the scene. Ya junior starts speaking and for the next minute or so, the BG music goes all over the place.
Edited by savvy05 - 11 years ago
meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome Take 1; toned down a little but with the right amount of snark as much needed😊.
So we see the comeback of the Stopwa the handwa😑. Hopefully it will not be a standard feature when the lady goes into lecture mode which i am guessing will be a lot. I wish they try and tone down the one dimensional saas and give Supriya's character some shades. She is a wonderful actress but her character needs layers to keep the viewers engaged and interested in the clash of ideologies.
The episode was packed with drama (a little early in my opinion) and while the pace was good; it was a pretty cliche. The preaching, the talk of changing society customs, the crucial decision taken right at the mandap and the foundation for the dislike/ hate towards the girl; has all been done before.
Sanaya is a multi-talented actress; i hope the writers can come up with more impressive plots and scenes to tell their story, otherwise it can easily become run of the mill.
The others need to pull up their socks big time because while YaYa can be very impressive they may not be able to hold the interest of the target audience for long. The show needs more than just Sanaya and her popularity to have an impressive run.

Edited by meens80 - 11 years ago
-Pallavi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
J (oops, sorry J-J), first of all, πŸ€—

Beautiful takes - As usual.

Your choice of words are F-F (fantabulous, obviously πŸ˜‰). Who else can think of "frog marched around the fire for the pherasl", "senior citizen version of "I'm watching you" - minus the eye poke." πŸ‘

However, I guess I need to PM you to decode SRJ (SRK, I know but SRJ? )

I am yet to watch the episode. So no verdict as of now πŸ˜ƒ However, I guess I will watch because of bitiya whom I started liking from the show-which-can-not-be-named. Just like how I will watch bitwa's movie-that-can-not-be-named πŸ˜ƒ

IllGetOverIpk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
superb take!! soo happy i wont have to watch sc to relate to ur kai pocheying🀣posts...

all 5 observations bang onπŸ‘πŸΌ
nomad.ness thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Finally time to edit my post- sorry for taking up a spot in the first page and unressing after the party's over. 😳
------

Day 3 of Jingle-Ve:

- Has it really only been 3 episodes?? Everything is so Rushed!

Dowry issue is apparently already taken care of in 1-2 episodes'

I didn't like that Jingle-Jingle was talking away about the whole issue while the papa-beti duo sat there crying' I mean come on! if you want to show modern thinking- then show the daughter taking a stand against it instead of just crying about phooti kismet because of not being an extraordinary child and all.

But at the end, glad the father didn't give in and said No to the wedding because his daughter didn't approve, however it was executed. πŸ‘

-Uma Ben and Bitwa- like mother like son: "I'm watching you" πŸ˜†

-Bitwa really needs to step it up... hope he improves with time. The face twisting expressions ain't helping.

-Not that I watch any other Indian show but having a grandmother at home who watches the soapy cry-fests all day, I have the perks of enjoying some episodes myself πŸ€”' I was trying to think about where I had heard of the name Puch-Puch. Turns out, in Yeh Rishta.., the kid got a fish and named it Puchki at first. Also, another old show, Ruk jana nahi- the main guy in there, his mom used to call him Punchu! GOSH, why do I know this stuff!? 😑

For Sanaya's sake (and the rest of the cast), hope the show does well. Wish her only the best. 😊

Edited by nomad.ness - 11 years ago
.RudraParo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I love your posts! They are always so entertaining to read 😳 And I agree with all 5 takes. Today's episode was better than the rest definitely. A lot of drama happened, not sure where this drama came from though. But I'm guessing they are doing this for good TRPs since the aunties love drama? They should have done something to build up to it though, didn't quite connect well.
Ya-Ya rocked! Loved their scenes. Bitiya is doing well in the show as well giving some awesome performances, especially today. As for Farhan, he needs to stop grinning and twisting his face while talking lol. He needs to work on those expressions seeing how he's opposite Supriya and Sanaya, two very good actresses! He'll get better hopefully, just needs time. Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping it's even better than today.
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hey jamba πŸ˜³πŸ€—...
loved ur post... to be honest this show is just .. im just hanging around coz im huge fan of Sanaya Irani...😳...
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Reswa

Sooo... JJ (for the love of all things double barreled), NICEEE take...

Ya senior/UB really rocked, didn't she? Loved her parting words... Oooh so scary...
Traffic light hand - me don't like. Reminding old stuff is fine for some extent, but this is the limit. We don't need reminders of the terrible ones. If this goes on, patha nahin what else would they try. Bubly...MM...Churail... *shudders*
For the moment, i'm enjoying YaYa war. But might need a variety of wars in the future. Hope they'll show many shades of Ya senior, i don't like her to be all-out blackwa part 2.

Strangely, don't mind the ladka being a side role (am i crazy for saying that?). But seriously wish the resemblance ends with the waist coat, shades and the stubble. Last thing that is needed is a copy cat, seeing how the show is full of dogs.
Hoping to see your new take in the ajeeb weekend. 😊
Edited by aruni50218 - 11 years ago