CHHANCHHAN USP - AS REAL AS IT CAN GET!

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

CHHANCHHAN FOR ME IS AS REAL AS IT CAN GET!

Yes the content of the show is as real as it can get. And that is the USP of the show.

Things that happen in our everyday lives. It's very relatable. In the past two episodes a character sketch was laid out for us of ChhanChhan family and friends...A young educated woman with a bunch of noisy friends (who does not have noisy friends) who make a commitment to change things in their own special way...

From what we have seen this now, this is my take:

Episode 01 -

A perfect blend of a very normal yet loving family of ChhanChhan who have the oddest of jobs.

This clearly states that the parents have allowed their children to take up professions based on their passion for things in life.

The oldest a Dog Trainer, the son a wild-life photographer, the youngest the best Tattoo Maker in Town...

Here comes a message to parents loud and clear..Let your children follow their heart and they will succeed...

Bang On Vipulji!

Now I know why Sanaya said yes to Sony! Isn't she following her heart and is in a profession she loves and is extremely passionate about it?

Loved the part where the grandmother kept coaxing the parents of ChhanChhan about her marriage. Oh gosh this convo is part of every household who have young girls and boys of marriageable age! This made me smile from cheek-to-cheek.

A daadi who calls herself "buddia"...LOL...

Episode 2 -

Ok my take on Manav - Farhan makes a perfect TALL, DARK & HANDSOME mate for our Fair and Gorgeous Maiden ChhanChhan!

Then the gang of girls are shown to be ready to get into a sari in spite of them being the jeans-clad women of today!

Here is another message to all the young women of today - When it comes to weddings and family gatherings you got to go the traditional way...

They are all single and yet were traditionally dressed at the wedding. And then were seen to help out at the wedding which is what they are expected to do... Perfect - thank goodness no song and dance like they do in the movies..

We wouldn't have minded though what with our Doll Sanaya who is an amazing dancer!

A perfect wedding atmosphere. Ask any mother and she would say yes, a son and daughter of marriageable age are forced to attend weddings simply for the sake of finding a nice groom or bride! LOL...

Girlfriends who scuttle around and try to draw the attention of their male counterparts.

And yet amidst all this fun and laughter a BANG ON social issue is raised in a subtle manner.

And today our curiosity has risen as to what next:

-Will Purvi say no to the groom?
-Will the Groom stand up against his parents?
-Will the girl's parents object?
-Will ChhanChhan raise the issue or push and guide her friend to object to it or - will succumb to societal pressure considering her parents and where they stand?
-Will Manav come in onto the scene and witness it all and hence fall for the love of his life? (Me dreaming)
-Will ChhanChhan see Manav support her stance on the issue? (and she starts to like him for that reason)
-Or he just won't be there to witness the cold war between his mother and ChhanChhan.
-Will this marriage eventually happen?
-Or it may take place and then for the next 25 lakhs Purvi will leave home and come to ChhanChhan for help after she is married to Manav?

In fact as female viewers and some male viewers watching this show for Sanaya need to ask ourselves these questions? I feel the questions are directed at each one of us...what would I do if I was ChhanChhan, or the Bride, or the Groom, or Manav, or the Groom's Parents, or as the Bride's Parents!

Perfect storytelling!

What a dilemma...quite a debate this topic can stir...

P.S. I am not good at analysis...but put my early morning thoughts out here...and don't know whether I am going to post anymore views...

Your views, comments, good and bad are most welcome!

Edited by ddFan2012 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pashna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I liked the episodes.i am not expecting a intense passionate romantic drama so I am ok. FK needs some improvement but he needs some time. Happy with sanaya's choice.
Chaandaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I like your post alot very nice :)
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
u bang on right...its as a real life drama,situation we are in don't know how to make it ok...the mandir scene...cc let her belieev apart just for the sake of her frd who is fasting...
now...the dowry n the pheras just started...she is in a dangerous position without creating any fuss...she lay the decision in her frd lap...n then she will support her...thats really what i like with tht show..
there were some who said sanaya looked old in first epi..well,i don't think so...as i am blinded asa fan so i asked a honest answer from my mum she categorically said who said that ...maybe they are blind...sorry
FK need to improve...sanaya is in her best element ...n maybe she wll also cover the mishap of the fresh actor at the beginning
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: march2011

u bang on right...its as a real life drama,situation we are in don't know how to make it ok...the mandir scene...cc let her belieev apart just for the sake of her frd who is fasting...

now...the dowry n the pheras just started...she is in a dangerous position without creating any fuss...she lay the decision in her frd lap...n then she will support her...thats really what i like with tht show..
there were some who said sanaya looked old in first epi..well,i don't think so...as i am blinded asa fan so i asked a honest answer from my mum she categorically said who said that ...maybe they are blind...sorry
FK need to improve...sanaya is in her best element ...n maybe she wll also cover the mishap of the fresh actor at the beginning

Yeah real life drama without being over dramatized...

Farhan seems to be more shy than odd in front of Sanaya. Not only is she gorgeous but a senior artist and he is supposed to be her love interest. All he needs is, to get into a comfort zone outside of the show and it will all come out okay on screen. His scene with his mother (Supriya) was just lovely...so we all got to be patient is all I can say...
Edited by ddFan2012 - 11 years ago
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ddFan2012

Yeah real life drama without being over dramatized...

Farhan seems to be more shy than odd in front of Sanaya. Not only is she gorgeous but a senior artist and he is supposed to be her love interest. All he needs is, to get into a comfort zone outside of the show and it will all come out okay on screen. His scene with his mother (Supriya) was just lovely...so we all got to be patient is all I can say...

yes u are right he is not comfortable with her yet...hope there will be no ego clash...
as he seem sreally good in very comfortable with supriya...so lovey dovey son
SIZZZLER thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Perfect take 👏 👏. Totally agree with your Post.
lrlpam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I wish everyone thinks like you. The biggest problem with Indian audience is that they love realistic stuff of the west yet prefer to see melodramatic Indian shows. That's y SP rules inspite of its bad content and realistic channels like sony and LOK suffer. I hope a famous face like sanaya can make ppl sit up and take notice of sensible shows like CC
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Very nice post ... love your analysis!
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: lrlpam

I wish everyone thinks like you. The biggest problem with Indian audience is that they love realistic stuff of the west yet prefer to see melodramatic Indian shows. That's y SP rules inspite of its bad content and realistic channels like sony and LOK suffer. I hope a famous face like sanaya can make ppl sit up and take notice of sensible shows like CC

Absolutely right about that!