Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sirjusimiarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
he is doing absolutely great job... just imagine it's his first debut in Television industry ,,,,, let just wait and watch ... i already started liking him
Hanalita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Considering Farhan s new, to me he did a fab job and i really like like like him. all the other actors dat we love so much 2day,they were neva this gud in thier first show/epi.so with time we wl get used to this new jodi.lets gv hm da break he needs.
looser01 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I liked Farhan he is good looking charming but Director has to work with him practise rehearse till that chemistry clicks between the 2 also a great hair style and bit of trim has a great body they need to give him a sexy jeans look and some romance for instead of sas bahu if a couple clicks trps are sure to follow need to get rid of those over acting friends the dogs are adorable want some catchy todays music and sanaya is fantastic have great expectations from this show after switching to sony they better deliver it we the international audience adore sanaya and support her as for Barun
he him self gave up what once in a million have praying for Farhan to work hard and rock with sanaya
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: DramaQueen.

I don't find BS to be that great of an actor honestly, nothing extraordinary about him either. But we're not talking about him here so lets leave him out. I wouldn't say Farhan has big shoes to fill as it's not like he's replacing anyone but yes, he has stiff competition seeing how he's opposite a very fine actress like SI. He will do better, we need to patient. The show will also do well and I loved SanAn today.

He's not replacing but his show is very close in time frame and the viewer memory is fresh. That is the point I am making. I find BS extraordinary though I did not intend to discuss him in detail, there is a reason he became a big phenomenon with the show.
.RudraParo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I really liked Farhan in the last scene of yesterday's episode. You could see him getting better and better throughout the episode itself. I don't find it fair for people to judge him so early on (not you TM) especially since he's actually good for someone who doesn't have much experience in front of the camera. Also, the actor you speak of wasn't very good either. He was average and some times, below average. Despite being experienced, he took his sweet time to get comfortable in his role so the same applies to FK. I'm sure he'll be fine in a few weeks. But I'm looking forward to SaNan!
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah! I saw no chemistry between them as well..It happens that even if someone is a bad actor s/he can create chemistry with co-star but he couldnt..For instance Mohit was an avergae actor for me but he had chemo with Sanaya..Lets wait and watch..
And about Barun then he is something else..Farhan, right now, is a nobody in TV but Barun is like the biggest star of TV. He too was not a big star while the beginning of IPK but everyone went gaga over him instantly and his fan following increased immediately..Arnav literally became a household name..From aunties to teenagers everyone adored him..So much that they couldnt accept IPK without him..
So its not fair to compare these two. But lets wait and watch..No offence to Farhan fans.
..SaNaYaHoLiC.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
We're not allowed to mention other actors in the forum, even indirectly :) Mods have strictly warned us against that so please don't. I hope you don't mind :)
About Farhan, see it's only been two days. When the biggest of stars take weeks and sometimes even months to ease into their characters, then how can we expect an inexperienced actor like Farhan to do well from the first day itself? So it will take time but he got better through the episode today so I'm sure he will be fine 😳 About chemistry, the actors need to get comfortable with each other and again that takes time. So I'm sure they will click, we just need to wait and see :)
Exprimere thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
True yaar... It's all very cute-cute, nice-nice... They really have to up the execution. But it is still too early. And Sanaya simply lights up the screen. Glowing and radiant. Farhan has a gigantic task ahead. But I think Pappu pass ho jayega. He's quite good given he's new. And it's too soon to judge. If he ever comes across this post he'll pull up his socks answers I'm sure he'll improve.:)
Edited by Exprimere - 11 years ago
goguma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
BS's is not a part of this show nor is he
that great when he was a newbie...

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Marybarton

I have sympathy for the actor. It's a tall order being the good male lead against Sanaya. The memory for someone ELSE is too recent. Have not seen that guy's equal in TV yet and don't expect Farhan or anyone else (except maybe Gautam Rode) to topple him but he needs to get close. Farhan's acting needs to match up or else it will look flat in front of the mighty Sanaya.

She's still SO CUTE!

I know the show has just started and I won't compare or be too quick to judge. Undeniably though, this show is very much riding of the coat tails and viewers of something extraordinary. The character of the female lead is quite similar. So there are a lot of expectations, for better or for worse. Most of the viewers are coming from a very specific place.

Sanaya was and is - fantastic. Now it is time to see if the other actors, and male lead, live up to it. I did not feel the electricity yet. The wider story and minor characters too were not leaving marks as they do in the initial two or three episodes in any great soap. But I am optimistic. I hope it works, for her sake because her heart was broken with the last one's abrupt end.

Maybe this is not a love story, it is just about the girl and her throwing caution to the patriarchy and hypocrisy around her, but romantic love has to be a strong part of any show, so the chemistry has to be excellent.

Good luck to Farhan and Sanaya.

Agree with the title of your post ... Farhan has BIG shoes to fill. Not because of Sanaya's previous costar (that guy is history as far as I'm concerned) ... but because Sanaya herself is such a powerful actress that being pitted against her means Farhan has to be at the top of his game, and show his best acting chops. Didn't much care for the first ChhanMan interaction ... but he was better in the scene with Supriya ... does that mean he is less nervous in his scenes with Supriya than the ones with Sanaya? 😆 And he was better in the second ChhanMan scene.

I do see a spark ... but this is not going to be an intense love story so I am not looking for any major conflagration. I just want him to act decently. He looks good, so that's a start.

And I want the show to work for exactly the same reason as you do ... I'm still not over Sanaya's tears and her disappointment at the abrupt ending of her previous show. So I am strongly rooting for this one to take off.

I'm more disappointed with Supriya's characterization, I thought she would be more grey, but she's turning into typical vampish saas. But Chhanchhan's characterization is good so far, it's the type that appeals to me, so I'm enjoying watching it for her. Besides, I've followed Sanaya through two earlier soaps ... while I loved the second, I liked her character in the first one better ... so comparisons are less for me.

I also like her friends, especially Purvi and Simple ... and I like her parents. Both those actors are good.

Nice post, Mary!