Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I guess there will never be anything in life which can please everyone all the time. I'm loving the show so far. I loved the first episode and the second even more. True I probably am biased and I did question myself as to whether I would have loved the episodes as much without Sanaya...probably not but she is in the show so the point is moot.
I actually loved the opening sequence with Dadi being worried about her granddaughters marriage...took me back to a time when my grandmother was worried about my 22 yr old cousin being left on the shelf because no one seemed concerned about getting her married off. There were a couple of really funny dialogues there too.
I love CC's family for the fact they are different from anything I for one have ever seen on Indian TV. Hasn't the rich liberal business family been done to death...who cares where they got the money for a nice house, maybe it's inherited...I get to see a nice set so that's fine with me.
I loved the way CC was introduced...I hate those long suspenseful intro's when everyone and their mother already now who the actor is. I liked that they introduced her in character and not in some fluffy way.
Everyone is saying the friends couldn't act but I was so caught up in the friendship that I didn't notice...absolutely loved the comaraderie in the group...how many brides have to contribute towards their own wedding present...that was hysterical.
The scene I was actually looking forward to the most is the one that disappointed me a tiny bit.I wasn't expecting Uma Ben to be quite so arrogant and the sari and jewellery...all i'll say is hello hi,bye bye with less make up 😊(I guess I was thinking along the lines of Dina Pathak in Khoobsurat) but that was my fault and Supriyaji was perfect.The Sanaya-Supriya jodi is mindblowing...expecting a lot from them regardless of the script.
Farhan wasn't so great in the first scene (buthe's easy on the eyes and Sanaya more than made up for him in the scene) but by the end of the second episode he had already shown improvement...I loved his expressions when the little girl was complaining that she could smell pee. Loved the whole 'I'm watching you' sequence. I loved the nhok jhok and thought it was perfect for this show. I hope it doesn't turn into hatred before love but continues in this lighter vein of friction before the love element comes.
Makes no difference to me if the family is gujurati or from any other state as long as they speak mostly in hindi.
All this debate takes me back to what Sanaya said about at least giving the show a week before deciding and what some Sony exec said about people these days wanting things to happen straight away and not allowing storylines to develop...so all I'd say is that give it a chance and if you really can't bear it there's always something else to watch. Not for me though...Sanaya could be playing KokilaBen and I would be glued to my screen.
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Give the serial bit time...even ipk took four five episode to took off
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Topic closed for mentions of IPK and Barun. Please refrain from comparing the two shows and the two actors. This is the Chhan Chhan forum and not the IPK forum.
ChCh DT