ChhanChhan - A journey of social learnings

416391 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Yesterday we got to see Chhanchhan stand up against bribery.

Today we saw Chhanchhan and her friends getting to know that their friend- Purvi's father had paid dowry to his daughter's in laws. At the end of the episode, and in the precap we see them fighting against dowry.

As the story proceeds we're going to get many such moments of Chhanchhan standing up for her beliefs, standing up to what she believes is right .. and that makes me think .. is this show going to be a social learning too?

Maybe not in our families, but traditions like dowry are still very much prevalent in many parts of India. The daughters in law are suppressed and victimized by their mothers in law, by old traditions and more often than not, they are not able to break free from them. This aspect of Indian life is showcased in many of the popular tv shows today, where although the bahu comes out the winner, they were still made to suffer earlier.

This show has been targeted for women .. is it an attempt by the makers to make the show one of social learning? It is mainly a comic show, as we saw today too.. but those instances like Chhanchhan questioning the panditji in yesterday's episode makes the viewer question themselves too .. and these internal questions will in some way or another change the viewers way of thinking.

I don't know if the makers chose to showcase Chhanchhan as a way to reach a message to the audience, but I do personally feel that this is going to be one show with great social learning!

Thoughts?

Edited by -Drishti- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanayakhushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I wholeheartedly agree w/you. I like the idea that the makers are conveying social messages and addressing social issues in a very realistic and light hearted manner (no melodramtics, but in a very real manner) For that, hat's off to them!
It will be certainly be interesting to see how going forward ChhanChhan deals w/her saas...
Saneyes thumbnail
very real episode ...👍🏼
416391 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanayakhushifan

I wholeheartedly agree w/you. I like the idea that the makers are conveying social messages and addressing social issues in a very realistic and light hearted manner (no melodramtics, but in a very real manner) For that, hat's off to them!

It will be certainly be interesting to see how going forward ChhanChhan deals w/her saas...

Thanks for the reply :) Yep, I think the fact that the show is light hearted is the best part about it, especially because social messages are going to be conveyed very realistically! Just hope that the makers vision translates to what we get to watch..
416391 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saneyes

very real episode ...👍🏼

truly was :)
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The social massage part is very well handled in the show !! No unnecessary melodramas , yet depicted in a poignant manner !! Felt sad when they showed about the dark background of theirs friend's death for dowry !!!
416391 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Doc_Manaal

The social massage part is very well handled in the show !! No unnecessary melodramas , yet depicted in a poignant manner !! Felt sad when they showed about the dark background of theirs friend's death for dowry !!!

Yes, and that bit was very realistic too .. Because dowry is very much prevalent in India today! Hoping that other issues are also tackled so beautifully as the show progresses..
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Agree well said...my thoughts too - have written a similar post...with details...loads of social messages from the opening scenes of the show!

Nicely and light-heatedly portrayed!

My post CHHANCHHAN USP - As real as it can get!

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Good post, Drish! I LOVED the way the message was sent out today. Dowry is still a huge social evil in India, so is the status of women today and how girls are treated ... as we saw in the recent rape case in Delhi and the statements from our so-called 'leaders' on the issue. So if this show is going to handle such issues, then I, for one, am very happy.

I loved the way they handled it ... showing how the girls were so closely impacted ... the death of one of their close friends ... and that is why they are so firm on their resolve to never take or give dowry. Loved the way they confer with each other, wondering what to do ... and then decide they have to tell Purvi and leave the decision to her ... after all, it is her life which will be affected. The whole thing was done very well, and I am looking forward to what will happen tomorrow.
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
nice post .. I am loving the message .. and infact here the way chanchan dealt with it is good .. she just told her about this without creating drama.. i am loving the real approach of Chanchan ..

I am eagerly waiting for tom's episode..
Edited by GodhuliLogon - 11 years ago