Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: leanne_1983

Nicely put. 'Impressive storytelling' and 'A very important social issue tackled well' indeed. I liked those phrases of yours, totally apt.

I was pleasantly surprised with today's episode. Apparently, Chhan Chhan is not just a mindless comedy show about Saas vs Bahu, Male Lead vs Female Lead or Modern vs Traditional. It seems to have a blend of everything, including social issues. As you said the social issue of dowry was tackled well, atleast in today's episode. I hope they keep it up and deliver as promised.

I loved today's episode. It not just made me laugh and smile, but it also made me tear up a bit.

thank u:-)
And yes the fact that an important social issue was tackled in a very realistic way without sounding preachy was like a first for me on TV. It was starting where Chhan Chhan eavesdrops on the conversation and her own reaction of striken horror seemed very confusing. And then that flashback came and i was shocked to react as i simply teared up with the gravity of it..

and then her determination to tell.. the gravity of making that decision at that crucial moment of time..

and ya the rest was so sweetly lighthearted and fun.. it was very well balanced out.. and also the clashing points b/w MIL and to be DIL seems very every day things..but things where their ideologies are poles apart...

it was wonderfully done maintaining the perfect balance of things...

so i also think whoever thought it would be comedy or typical saas-bahu can be rest assured it won't be..
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: SimplyPriceless

I agree with you Sunara the episode was bang on 👍🏼 I find it unexpected actually I wasn't having too much expectation yesterday so all of this came off as a surprise to me a very good storytelling loved today's episode alot.

yes the vows were simply some words yesterday and it was like mindless things any young girls do n all.. yesterday it meant nothing much..

but today when they gave the back story it gave so much depth to the things. made us stand back and take notice.. and give respect for their thoughts and beliefs and nod our heads and say 'well done'!

Arshig8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice post, the dowry system puts great financial strain on the bride's family. This has been cited as one of the reasons for families resorting to gender favouring the birth of sons over daughters, it's a horrible , horrendous system, Chanchan cannot support Dowery system, Well done cvs to bring this sensitive issue in this soap ..
Edited by Arshig8 - 11 years ago
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Enchantress..

I agree Sunara. The scene was aptly used. The way she remembered the past after hearing about dowry was really emotional.
And I just cant see her tears 😭 I always cry whenever I see Sanaya crying be it in any of her roles.

Dowry is a sin and once if we give in to it then its gonna go on forever. 100s of young brides out there are still victims of this social evil.
I appreciate the oath the 5 of them hv taken. Every girl should be strong like them.
I hope Chhan Chhan can make the in-laws of Purvi see sense.

sigh.. agree Nicky.. when she cries I cry too.. it is inevitable... she is the best at portraying emotions...

in my country, dowry does exist even today. Some parents do provide it to their daughters. But mostly it is like half of the property to the son n other 2 the daughter n it might be given on her marriage day... But a daughter being killed for dowry is UNHEARD of in like ever in history. But in India it still is a menace..

I also hope that the scene goes on those lines.. BUT more than the in-laws seeing reason (which might be unrealistic considering the way they talked today) if they show the boy himself taking a stand against his parents and marrying her.. that I will think will be better..

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Mels...

im glad they added the flashback scene those oaths seem wierd to me yesterday but today i realised how apt it was such a terrible tragedy to their friend
go chanchan this is the way social issues have to handled in a light but heart touching way

ditto.. that is what i also thought.. yesterday they just touched the surface and nicely gave meaning to things today.. and made us see the foundation..
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaNaYa_4EvEr

Great Post! I agree with all your points. 😊

I agree dowry is degrading and it should be erased from society. What really gets to me is how the mother-in-laws are the ones enforcing it. Marriage is a sacred bond and one that should be fulfill for love not for making a profit.

thank u:-)

sigh. exactly!! and the worst is that when they themselves have a daughter and might have themselves gone through the suffering in that way too.. n they still impose that burden on the family of the bride for their son:((

Johny.S.Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Very Well Written sunara , do check ur inbox when u get time 😊
Shreeswathy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
A good episode...
Agree with your points...
I am eagerly waiting to watch how Umaben will welcome this DIL...😆

sanayakhushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SUnara, I am glad that the show addressed this very real issue - it's sad that times have not really changed...at least not in every society
mads thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well said! 👏 liked the way the entire episode flowed...

Like someone above said, such things are prevalent not just in illiterate people, but also in educated families...I have seen so many families around mine that go through such kind of a thing - another common one is that the girl's family has to pay for all the expenses of the wedding.. and the "logic" they use to justify their actions is exactly what umaben said to tushar bhai today - that ultimately its all going to go to their daughter, so whats the big deal? its her own money, going back to her.. sounds right to an emotional heart, doesn't it?

I am glad they aren't just brushing the issue, but showing something about it... and the 2 min tragedy flashback had a huge impact...no wonder the girls feel so strongly about all this...

I hope tomo purvi speaks up a bit and not let chanchan be the spokesperson... let this show be not about chanchan rectifying other people's lives and acting like a philanthropist, but rather, chanchan inspiring other people to rectify their own lives..