First impressions- Walking On Sunshine

LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!

Frankly,that is all I have been humming ever since I saw Sanaya on my screen after months.And boy!Don't it feel good?[*hand pumping the air like a freak*]So after watching the first episode,I got real good vibes.Vibes which would let me get over a bit of my past obsession [*ahem*]This is why I like Chhanchhan and will be fighting for the remote at 9:00 once again.Life,is finally normal againπŸ˜†

Sanaya Irani

Sanaya.Sanaya.Sanaya.Chhanchhan who is Sanaya.Sanaya who plays Chhanchhan.Both of them together.Sunshine, rainbows, happiness, smiles and madness.Such a good[to be very modest] actress,who made me relate to Chhanchhan immediately,not for once reminding me that this was the girl who played KKG once upon a time*sigh*.Oh and Sanaya Sanaya Sanaya.Enough said ;)

Unconventional Start

Tears ko Tata,Madness ko hello hi!
Well well well, what do I see on my screen?A family with an artist Dad,a Historically intelligent mother,a Granny who dreams of dogs getting married to her grandkids[LOL!],a Tatoo artist,a wildlife photographer and a Dog trainer.That was enough to state that this show does not do drama for now,with crying Bahus and Pallus the size of bedsheets.It instead concentrates on things that are normal-worrying grannies,a crazy household and family,a normal family whom I relate to.Kem cho? :'D

Woof!Woof! Hota hai

OhMyGod.Those dogs.And Puchpuch.And their sheer adorable coochie-coo cuteness.I always wanted a dog and no one in my family allows me to,so I am content with watching them on screen.Plus Chhanchhan/Sanaya's chemistry with them is very natural,very believable and very cute.I am aware I'm using "cute" a time too many,I need to get over these doggies!Kuch kuch to pata nahi par Woof woof zaroor hota haiπŸ˜†

Scooty wooty woo
[Yeah.I'm reframing Scooby dooby doo.He was a dog.Chhanchhan has dogs.Why am I even saying this though?]
I love that she rides a scooty.Just that.

Modern?
WHAT?They actually showed the lead heroine wearing "modern" clothes and with "modern" lifestyle and got away with it?*thaali falls* *dhissh*
Yes,apparently it isn't a particular channel with pallu bedsheets[No Names.I need to shut upπŸ€”]I am so glad,so so glad that there is finally a character on tv I identify with.Wearing western clothes does not mean the person is a vamp[Never got the connection though] and you do not need to wear bedsheets[God.I need to get over bedsheets too😳] I mean, you do not always have to be a traditional,know-how-to-cook-rotis girl to be a nice person at heart and in general.Bas.

Mere yaar ki shaadi hai
Ready made sarees and a dog invited to the wedding.Five best friends in the middle of it all.Ye hui na baat!I did feel though that the acting by the friends was not very convincing,but isme do baatein ho sakti hai- I like them or I like them.I guess they need to get time and its just the first episode,so no qualms about that.I like the bonding and also how chhanchhan shifted from pagalpanti to teasing to genuine emotions :)
NO bribes.Taking or giving.Okay,I love them.

Saas me saas mili
Is she going to be her MIL?

*bites nails*

*clash* "I wish no one gets a MIL like that"

She is going to be her MIL
The scene between Supriya Pathak and Sanaya was very well done.For a second I went like-That was Hansa bhabhi?πŸ˜†I really love the way Chhanchhan argues against norms of the society which are wrong.That is one of the many things I love about her character.I am pretty sure we will get some great scenes with these two in the future.

Kyunki har jagah dog zaroori hota hai!
That awkward moment when Puchpuch pees on the male lead's foot[🀣]And the award of the most unconventional entry of the year goes to...*ahem*
Farhan is fine though.Haven't seen enough of him to decide yet!

Apart from that-"Dil ka kaha maanti hai par dil jeetna bhi jaanti hai"You GO Chhanchhan :D

-Risha
Edited by Amethyst. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

afsuu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
aww what a lovely post
πŸ‘
her jagah dog zarori haiπŸ˜† totallly hilarious
story is same as we saw before many showss but outstanding point is my doll
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I love the title of your post ... Walking on Sunshine. πŸ‘
Very very apt for the return of the Sunshine girl of Indian telly.

Iqraimran thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well written post in your own adorable way

Originally posted by: DiyaS

I love the title of your post ... Walking on Sunshine. πŸ‘
Very very apt for the return of the Sunshine girl of Indian telly.

Thankyou :)
Have always associated that song with Sanaya.From Khushi to Chhanchhan,she spreads warmth everywhere :D
gheeshakkar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hey, are you Rishaipkknd and fellow Dilli person? Waves. It was a little nervous and giggly start, but I kinda liked it.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

hahahah absolutely LOVE the post!! and the episode!! awww i have repeatedly watched it now 4th time!! hehe awww lvoe love love it!!
Edited by princessunara - 11 years ago
.ishqbulava. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Apt title and agree with whatever you wrote ! Miss sunshine rocks !

Originally posted by: gheeshakkar

Hey, are you Rishaipkknd and fellow Dilli person? Waves. It was a little nervous and giggly start, but I kinda liked it.

*Seen you Ve in BG*
Hey fellow Dili person!*waves* Yes I am πŸ˜†
My post was equally giggly I feel,watching Sanaya after so long :)
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Amethyst.

Thankyou :)
Have always associated that song with Sanaya.From Khushi to Chhanchhan,she spreads warmth everywhere :D

Forgot to mention, I loved your post too!!! Sanaya is truly Sunshine Girl ... she lights up the screen with her smile πŸ˜ƒ It feels good to see her back on screen!
Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago