Because it ain't a love story...

416391 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
... it's a saas-bahu story!

And boy am I glad or what?! Just how awesome was the scene between Chhanchhan and Umaben today .. and this is only the first out of the many MANY scenes between the two!

We usually say this about scenes between the male and female lead, but this time around .. I write about the mandir scene being perfect! The dialogues, the expressions, the soft background music .. everything.. just bang on! Its really no wonder that Sneha Rajani and Sanjiv Sharma were gaga about it on twitter!

When Chhanchhan first stops the Panditji, look at the way Umaben checks out CC, head to toe, with the single expression that questions - are YOU really going to stop me? Another person may have backed out, but this is Chhanchhan, and she questions her, the panditji .. their morals. Umaben calls her Choti.. did she mean just CC's age, or was she taunting her aukat .. or both? And then when CC's friend apologizes, Umaben allows them to come to the mandir and take the prasad .. because she wants to show CC that SHE's the boss, hence she outright says "Don't forget that your friend's fast will be complete because of me".

And that final irony in ChhanChhan's words - "No one should get a MIL like her" .. how is she going to react when she realizes that this very lady is going to be her MIL one day?!

What an amazing scene this was!!! Definitely one of the best moments of the episode!!!
Sanaya Irani and Supriya Pathak - HATS OFF!!! 👏Clap

Am now waiting for more clashes between them in tomorrows episode, and later.. much more excited for these scenes than ones between Chhanchhan and Manav!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanayakhushifan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I loved that mandir scene! It was so real and subtle and these two actress are powerhouses! Looking forward to more of the same! Hat's off to the team thus far! Nice blend of comedy and drama. Very lighthearted and I LOVE that! I watch a show to be entertained and ChhanChhan did just that! Keeping my fingers crossed going forward!
Edited by sanayakhushifan - 11 years ago
-ARSHI- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with u!!
the mandir shot was really impressive.. and yes.. the sas bahu chemistry is the just content in the show.. and it was really nicely presented in todays epi..!!
ipi2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Ya correct.the mandir scene was the best in the entire epi.It was a very powerful scene and wonderfully enacted by both the actors.the dialogues were awesome.Looking forward to many more confrontations between these two:-)
heavenspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
both the actresses are very powerful in their acting skills...
and i also loved that sequence...
their acting was just superb...
and must give some credit to writers...perfectly written...

jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
What Has Sanaya NOT Done Till Today? ; O Played Negative Villian, Dumb Naive Girl In Fanaa, Bindaas Spoilt Girl In Left Right Lest, The Shy Gunjan, Crazy & Goofy Khushi & Now Normal & Liberal Girl Like ChhanChhan <3 What Will She Do After ChhanChhan? ; O She Has Done Almost ALL Roles !! She Is The ONLY One I Have Seen Which Never Take Up The Same Role Again In This TV Industry :) She Just Needs 1 - 2 Years To Mark Herself In Each Role . Do You Remember Drish That We Would Never Imagine Sanaya To Come In Saas Bahu Show But Rather In Youth Show, But Here She COMESSS With Hatke Saas Bahu Show ; P LIKE Seriously What Will She Take Up Next? 🤔
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@*sanz* : agree with you . She is such a wonderful actor . :-*
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Agree with you ...this ain't a love story...there will be a love story but that part will just be one dimension of the show. The main dynamics are going to be between Supriya- Sanaya. And the mandir scene showed how good that interaction is going to be...clash of ideologies and 2 good actors ...really looking forward. Just hope it doesn't get too preachy and remains a little lighthearted.

Edited by capricorn2006 - 11 years ago
starasdf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Supriya and Sanaya, both are most definitely the powerhouses of this show and will take it forward. Both are amazing actresses and I think I expect a lot from them.

Looking forward to seeing more scenes with them.

-Star
NainaAlex thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it was a power packed scene