1st episode - Verdict

AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
So there we had Chanchan's first episode!

And this is what I thought about it -

Sanaya Irani is AWESOME. Seriously! She was fresh, she was hip, she was energetic and she made you smile!

Also she showed her acting prowess and diversity because not for any prolonged moment did you think of her as the character she has made epic - Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada - and thats commendable!

Also the dogs...I hate dogs but add Sanaya Irani to the mix and well...lets just say they arent that bad!

Coming to Chanchan's family - sab pagal hai but really cute! I liked the modern urban khayalat and the madcap members having a nice bond with each other! :)

Coming to Chanchan's group of gals - Gals of Vastrapur (LOL!) - nice...they give a good feeling when you watch them onscreen and share a good chemistry! :)

Also good character establishment of Chanchan's side of the spectrum and the values they stand for socially as well as personally with the idea communicated to the viewer that in Chanchan's family, your dreams and your heart's desires are what comes first and that there is no pressure to be a particular way cos thats what society expects of you. Nice thought! :)

Supriya Pathak as Uma Ben was a surprise because I expected something closer to the character of the matriarch in the movie Khoobsurat but interesting development...besides she is a terrific actor and once again you dont think of Hansa Bhabhi AT ALL! Actually she kind of scares you! Lol!

Also we had the first clash of thoughts between Chanchan and her to be Saas and that was pretty well done, establishing the differences between the two ladies with the similarity being that they are both going to stand up with no qualms about what they think is right! And a good scene acting wise too...great chemistry between the two of them!

And then comes the male lead...now we didnt really see anything by him today so the proper judgement stands postponed but the precap wasnt very impressive...but I am willing to give him a chance...lets just hope he realizes that he is up against Sanaya Irani and that demands much more finesse and charisma than I saw in the precap...but well its his first show so willing to give him time :)

What did you guys think?

Remember, no bashing and no comparison. :)

Edited by AngelTeen - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
yes shanaya is superb cotress love her in bubbly image and like her all costumes , i mostly like bubbly kind of female leads, and specially those dogs scenes as dog lover im happy to get that scenes SI was looking cute with them, and in first epi she took panga with her going to be saas .
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm sure it's great.
yush-swt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
yep i loved sanaya oops chan chan and her family...they were adorable and the dogies too...yep me too felt that guy needs some sort of finesse...but lets see theres always tomorrow...we got to see our lovely khushi back on screen...so what more do we need??😉
loved your post...😊
rima thumbnail
welcome buddy
and loved ur analysis
I loved her paagal family
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: rima

welcome buddy

and loved ur analysis
I loved her paagal family

Hey Rima! :)

Welcome to you too! Lol!

And Thank You! :)
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
The epi was good.. Sanaya as usual was amazing.. I liked how they didnt show too much of OTTness.. It was sweet n simple... Abt the male lead, I guess he will get better.. Bass time ki baat hai...
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayamagic

yes shanaya is superb cotress love her in bubbly image and like her all costumes , i mostly like bubbly kind of female leads, and specially those dogs scenes as dog lover im happy to get that scenes SI was looking cute with them, and in first epi she took panga with her going to be saas .

Yep, Chanchan is pretty bubbly alright but I loved the one transition we had from bubbly to substance and a will to stand up! :)

Also its 'Sanaya' :)
SaRun. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hey nice post!!
well described i agree wid evrythin..n my opinion abt d male lead is same as urz!!
Nichuss thumbnail
agree...

nice analysis...

paagal n best family...with new modern thoughts...which lack these days...

her name realy suit her name...

the precap...

i watching u...wht an attutde...

gals of watrspur tat was too nice...

more than that...i loved n support the 5 views of modern bahus