Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
There are two things you don't miss in Bollywood.

1. Movie Marathon of All Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies
2. Music Marathon of ALL R.D. Burman music

w/o the above two, one does not quality as a bonafide authority on Bollywood. As to why would one want to be bonafide authority on Bollywood escapes me, but the mere fact that these two auteurs took Bollywood a class apart is a strong enough reason to indulge

was that convincing enough?
Edited by serialjunkie - 11 years ago
bollywoodfan16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I have watched that movie. It used to be my favorite movie during my childhood...i used to watch it everyday..i used to have video cassette of the movie..i still have it..I am so glad my favorite and such a talented actress like Sanaya playing the role from one of my favorite movies 😊
292274 thumbnail
as soon as i heard sanayas new show is on the lines of khubsoorat, i imediately watched the movie...the movie is a decent good film...
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Its a lovely movie and worth a watch surely.

Im sure Sanaya will add her own take to it to make her performance much different.
Siesta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Its a very nice movie...feel good, light hearted entertainment like all other Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies. The performances were also good especially Rekha's. I think it fetched her the filmfare award.

The show just seems to be loosely inspired by the movie. There seem to be changes in the storyline which will obviously be there since a daily soap is very different from a movie
Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Oyster thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricorn2006

Its a very nice movie...feel good, light hearted entertainment like all other Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies. The performances were also good especially Rekha's. I think it fetched her the filmfare award.

The show just seems to be loosely inspired by the movie. There seem to be changes in the storyline which will obviously be there since a daily soap is very different from a movie

I heard from someone that it was Rekha's biggest movie in terms of box office success.. not sure how true is that?
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yes I have watched the movie long back. Very light hearted movie, I think the movie will be a summary of the show. The show will have Lott more to offer bcuz it's a a daily soap.
From Farhan article it seeMs there is a lot of romance, that's is exciting for sanaya fans.
I don't think the movie had lot of romance, just a few scenes.
Oyster thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Have watched it years ago ... it was a very nice movie, with the typical Hrishikesh Mukherjee touch of subtle storytelling in a humorous way, yet getting the message across. The basic premise seems very similar ... but there will be differences because that was a movie, this is a serial. You can watch it if you want, Sonya ... there is nothing you don't know already, and the movie is an enjoyable watch.

Absolutely Diya. Now that I am thinking about it according to what you've mentioned, Saraswatichandra is not only an old movie but also a published novel.. which takes nothing from the show but rather adds to it..!
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its very bias I will just say... Potrayal White Vs Dark is nthing but disgusting!
Love the actors but yes!